Mes que un Thread (22-23 Domestic Football, unless domestic is Scotland)

Duke

• Paid Members

Because the old thread is 153 pages long.

spacer.png

Properly worried about getting smashed by Spurs today. Conte desires revenge, and when Conte wants revenge, woe betide those that stand in his way.

Edited by Duke

1 hour ago, Duke said:

Because the old thread is 153 pages long.

spacer.png

Properly worried about getting smashed by Spurs today. Conte desires revenge, and when Conte wants revenge, wow betide those that stand in his way.

Spurs are in the best condition they have been for a long time. They've made some fantastic signings, the football is good, we have arguably* the best front 3 in the league, a coach who has done an incredible job with players like Dier, Davies, PEH, and a long term strategy in some of the youngsters we have bought. I have never known optimism like it for us.

Chelsea 2-0 Spurs

*I said arguably. Don't @ me.   

• Paid Members

1 point for Chelsea, 1.5 points for Spurs. Good to see the spirit of Werner lives on in that Havertz miss.

Conte is still my favourite manager in the premier League, but K2 is my new favourite player. Outrageous outside the foot volley, then tries a bicycle? What a man

• Paid Members

Two thoroughly enjoyable games today. Henderson was immense for Forest, ditto Neco Williams (only 4.0 in FPL!). Nothing against West Ham per say but I enjoyed watching Forest have their moment in the sun back in the top flight. Sterner tests to come and it's early days, but on this evidence there's definitely some fire in their bellies and some quality about them to have a good go at survival. If they can get their new signings to gel they will surprise a few people. 

Chelsea/Spurs was getting a bit sleepy for me up to the Spurs equaliser which injected some new life into the game. The Tuchel/Conte business was pure box office. Conte's doing an absolutely sublime job there, although I think they were extremely fortunate to get a point. 

Lots of fallout the Sky punditry after Souness' 'man's game' comments and their praise of the referee. 

Edited by Fatty Facesitter

• Paid Members

"When Conte speaks, his words assault you. They crash through the doors of your mind, often quite violently and settle deep within you"

I'm so glad he's back and will miss him when he inevitably punches Daniel Levy in the face whilst screaming about Harry Winks.

• Paid Members

Can't believe there's a new thread, last year the season was lasting longer than the Covid season!! Which was null/void, we all know that.

No editorial was really required about Spurs' win last week, where the usual top 6 will finish (well, apart from Man United maybe...) will largely be determined by how they perform in the games against each other so stealing a point at Stamford Bridge goes down as "good result" for me and a far better indicator of where that team currently is. And I say that team because in spite of the raft of new signings, it's the same 11 that finished last season so strongly. It'll be time soon that he needs to trust Richarlison, Bissouma and Perisic to start and despatch anyone likely to finish bottom half, but for now I'm really happy. Not to be too "Jenas levels of obvious" but to play rubbish and still get a great result is pleasing.

Conte is box office. Twas an enjoyable weekend of tv football, made my covid self isolation a bit more bearable.

Jamie Redknapp bizarrely ordering Gary Neville to 'Look me in the eye ' seemed like it wouldn't be topped til the incredible Conte/Tuchel shithousery. 

I see Souness is catching some flak for his comments yesterday after the Chelsea vs Spurs game, where he said:

"Referees are letting a lot more go and it makes for a better watch. We’ve all played the game, with simulation and people throwing themselves into the ground. I haven’t seen that in the two games today. It’s a man's game all of a sudden now."

Obviously after the social media uproar he then stepped up to make a statement and clarify his words. Asked if he regretted his comments, he said:

"No. Not a word of it. Let me explain. I've been advocating for years, the referees have such a major part to play the success of the Premier League. We were fast approaching, we were fast becoming like other leagues, the game didn't flow and it wasn't a very good watch. Our game has always been unique, we has always been more meaty, more intense, more in your face and we got away from that. I think yesterday, my comments yesterday, we've got our game back, that's the kind of playing football I remember playing in. We've got our game back, I enjoyed two games of football where men were playing men and they got about themselves at times, and they got about each other."

I don't see any issues with what he said, although as soon as he said it I could virtually hear all the furious thumbs opening the Twitter app on phones across the country.