Mes que un Thread (22-23 Domestic Football, unless domestic is Scotland)

Duke

2 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Jude Bellingham to Real Madrid then. Seemed inevitable really didn't it?

I'd be surprised if Liverpool were ever seriously in contention to get him.

Liverpool would probably have stood a chance had they have qualified for the Champions League. 

30 minutes ago, Murtz said:

Their midfield is sickening now. Camavinga, Tchouameni, Bellingham, all 23 and under. Add to that the everlasting Modric.

He needs to come home and help kill the spreadsheet. 

11 minutes ago, LCJ said:

Liverpool would probably have stood a chance had they have qualified for the Champions League. 

Do you reckon? I can see them getting back in pretty soonish, so that feels a bit shortsighted on his behalf if that's the factor.

Real Madrid must be the hardest club to turn down ever though I suppose. Its guaranteed success.

Off you go Harry, go and get your trophy mate.

4 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Do you reckon? I can see them getting back in pretty soonish, so that feels a bit shortsighted on his behalf if that's the factor.

Real Madrid must be the hardest club to turn down ever though I suppose. Its guaranteed success.

Off you go Harry, go and get your trophy mate.

I think Champions League was a big factor for both Liverpool and Bellingham. FSG are known to run a tight ship financially so a Bellingham move was most likely out of the question without the added cash of a Champions League run. Bellingham probably wanted to test himself at the very top level in Europe. I don’t blame Bellingham for joining Real Madrid. Hardly anyone turns them down. I actually like it when England internationals play for top European clubs as it’ll likely improve them.

The whole Liverpool thing was always going to depend on him wanting to spend a few years in England  playing for everyone’s favourite manager before going to Madrid. We were never going to offer the sort of wages and overall package they could offer and in this country Chelsea, United and City can offer bigger wages so it would have had to be a labour of love. I’ll always believe that if we can get the right player in a room with Klopp we’ll stand a chance but mega stars like Mbappe, Haaland and soon to be Bellingham always end up at Madrid.

• Paid Members

The biggest transfer of the summer has been completed. Peter Drury signs for Sky Sports! One of my favourite commentator. Surprised it's taken this long for him to land the big gig.

Like Alan Partridge eventually getting a job on prime time BBC1 because standards have fallen so low. I know I’m in the minority, but the man’s a total pseud and the fawning over his overblown piffle is embarrassing. 

Just now, SuperBacon said:

Isn't it really, really convenient that all these Chelsea players seem to be getting linked with the same Saudi club.

I am sure that is just a lovely coincidence and has nothing do with those clubs having links with Chelseas owners.

Isn’t there a rumour that the Saudi PIF own a private equity firm that are stakeholders in Chelsea? It’s all absolutely rotten. Dan Burn will be heading over for £100m next.

42 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

Isn’t there a rumour that the Saudi PIF own a private equity firm that are stakeholders in Chelsea? It’s all absolutely rotten. Dan Burn will be heading over for £100m next.

I will forgive all if one of them buys Davison Sanchez for half a billion.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Isn't it really, really convenient that all these Chelsea players seem to be getting linked with the same Saudi club.

They're not, and that's wacist!

3 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

Isn’t there a rumour that the Saudi PIF own a private equity firm that are stakeholders in Chelsea?

It's not a rumour or some kind of hidden seedy thing. Clearlake is an investment group, the Saudis have contributed a miniscule % of Clearlake's total funds into unrelated projects. If you're willing to make the same 666 degrees of separation with the other 95% of investment/investors I don't think we'd be allowed to do business with clubs from anywhere. It's also not completely clear just how much of Chelsea was even paid for out of those Clearlake funds, a few of the stakeholders had to put in their own money.

Saudi money is everywhere. Right now literally every club in the league provably has twice as viable ties to the Saudis through the EA partnership alone (PIF own 10%) than the maximum Chelsea could possibly do through Clearlake.

The floodgates have opened for football in that part of the world like it once did in China. Players are getting hundreds of millions thrown at them. Chelsea getting a few tens of millions for the three high profile Muslim lads isn't some freak implausible event. Especially in a market where we're somehow going to get most of our Pervertz money back!