Mes que un Thread (22-23 Domestic Football, unless domestic is Scotland)

Duke

• Paid Members

Doesn't this mean the longest tenure in the top flight continues? Or is it second longest after Arsenal or something? They didn't half leave it until late, and then to have to play 10 minutes of stoppage time. 

When are club owners going to realise that Big Sam needs a transfer window to ensure survival so he can bring in all his usual moneyball players on loan? Maybe if Rebekah Elmologou or whatever his name is leaves Celtic for the Tottenham job he can head up there and take the Champions League by storm. 

2 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Doesn't this mean the longest tenure in the top flight continues? Or is it second longest after Arsenal or something? They didn't half leave it until late, and then to have to play 10 minutes of stoppage time. 

When are club owners going to realise that Big Sam needs a transfer window to ensure survival so he can bring in all his usual moneyball players on loan? Maybe if Rebekah Elmologou or whatever his name is leaves Celtic for the Tottenham job he can head up there and take the Champions League by storm. 

Second longest I think, next season will be our 70th in the top flight

Was absolute torture yesterday, was trying to keep calm even when pressed by the reds in the family then from 3.30 on my hands were getting shakier, I breathed a bit easier when Kane scored right up until Leicester scored just before I left the party venue and had to deal with my uncles singing and dancing to taunt me

Got back home about 10 mins before Doucs scored, my mum and step aunt shouted me in from the kitchen as I was putting my wallet and key in my jacket for work tomorrow, instantly bounced around the room and kissed the badge on my phone

The added time just added to my nerves and once over I let out a loud ‘thank fuck for that’. Had I been at Goodison I’d more than likely have been in floods

Will anything change for Everton? Will this just happen again next year?

They've been stinking out the top flight for a couple of years now (yes yes, so have the team I support I know) and last year survived by 4, this year survived by 1. 

With the new stadium opening soonish, relegation would've been a disaster wouldn't it? The club can't carry on like that can it.

Also, really nice to see Allardyce continue to throw his players under the bus yesterday. Just what you need to hear straight after relegation. 

He may very well be right (Leeds were rancid yesterday) but don't be a complete cunt like that. 

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

Second longest I think, next season will be our 70th in the top flight

Second longest tenure, but most top flight seasons overall. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/worldsoccertalk.com/amp/news/which-premier-league-clubs-have-been-in-the-top-flight-the-longest-20230125-WST-416851.html

Screenshot_20230529-155530~2.png

13 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Unfortunately I think Dyche can make them a lot more solid with a transfer window and pre season. I won’t at all be surprised to see them in the shit again next year but if they can get new ownership/investment and sort their awful finances out then Dyche should make them solid enough to graft 40 points. They’ve ran out of fuckers to sell though other than Onana who they absolutely need to keep. What idiot will put down £40m for DCL now? *coughSpurscough*

Edited by Mr_Danger

• Awards Moderator
18 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

They've been stinking out the top flight for a couple of years now (yes yes, so have the team I support I know) and last year survived by 4, this year survived by 1. 

With the new stadium opening soonish, relegation would've been a disaster wouldn't it? The club can't carry on like that can it.

Also, really nice to see Allardyce continue to throw his players under the bus yesterday. Just what you need to hear straight after relegation. 

He may very well be right (Leeds were rancid yesterday) but don't be a complete cunt like that. 

Are you new to Allardyce? He’s a complete shithouse and will never change. He’d throw his Nan under a train if it got him a pint of wine.

As for Everton, it’s a strange one. You can look at the managers and players they’ve hired and criticise them, but the common dominator is the board. I’ve got a Blue for a Dad and loads of mates who suffer them every weekend, and they’re all just done with Moshiri.

As much as I love to take the piss out of them during the season, I’d never wish to see them down. They’re a massive, massive club and while they’ve done fuck all for decades, they’re one of the most important clubs in English football history. “Stinking out the top flight”? Come on.

I’m just delighted for @Scott Malbranque and @RIDDUM_N_STYLE.

Edited by Frankie Crisp

9 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

He doesn't give a fuck, probably never did when he took the job. End of the day he's laughing, half a million quid for a month's work and little damage to his already waned reputation. Looks like Casa St James' will be welcoming The Elland Wing and the gravy continues to run freely.

If he was a wrestler we'd be applauding the absolute genius of his grift. Does fuck all, gets millions. Proper worker.

1 minute ago, Frankie Crisp said:

Are you new to Allardyce? He’s a complete shithouse and will never change. He’d throw his Nan under a train if it got him a pint of wine.

Didn't say it was new, he's always been a dickhead, but I was still taken aback by his comments. 

1 minute ago, Frankie Crisp said:

As much as I love to take the piss out of them during the season, I’d never wish to see them down. They’re a massive, massive club and while they’ve done fuck all for decades, they’re one of the most important clubs in English football history. “Stinking up the joint”? Come on.

I’m just delighted for @Scott Malbranque and @RIDDUM_N_STYLE.

It's absolutely true, they have been stinking out the place for years. Every time I've seen them over the last couple of years they have been dreadful. 

And just because they're a "massive, massive club" doesn't mean they automatically belong in the top flight does it? 

Their fans deserve much, much better and I have no idea how it changes to be honest. 

I do think Dyche is the right manager for them at this moment in time.

• Paid Members

My arse couldn't take penalties after the last lot and the kids all shat themselves when the header went in and I ran around the house like a madman looking for the backdoor keys to leg it round the garden. Absolutely gutted I couldn't be there in person, but the timing was all wrong.

What a feeling, after 7 years of pretty much failure every season. Wow.

• Paid Members

I'm obviously going to say this, but I don't think Wednesday anywhere near deserved that today. Over the season, yep, I can say they really should have been top 2. But today? Second best in every area of the park, against a team unjustly made to play with 10 men.

I personally think it would have been a year too early for us to go up anyway, but when you lose a game like that then it really hurts.

Good luck next season to all Wednesday fans though. Hopefully, we're not swapping places at the end of it...

On 5/27/2023 at 1:03 PM, SpiritOfTheForest said:

The Celtic boss who has revolutionised us and has emerged as the bookie's favourite for Tottenham Hotspur's new manager. Dearly loved by Celtic fans so would appreciate if you lads go after someone else and let the most exciting Celtic team I've ever seen continue to do their thing. 

Come on, even you must be mildly interested to see what he could actually do in a league where the gap between his club and most others isn't borderline "Football Manager with the money cheat switched on" level.

Plus, he must be at least curious as to how he'd fare against the top managers in the game. If he has any ambition, that is.