Jump to content

I think Vince and Johnny Ace might be problematic, lads.


Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
1 hour ago, Factotum said:

I have finished reading SHE SAID the story about the NYT reporter's exposing Weinstein. It started off very similar to this and one of the main things was the company money being used to pay women off. NDAs are a really hot issue at the moment, and I would say this will lead (if it hasn't already) to someone looking into the company.

One of the things they mention about the HW stuff was that a lot of people kept saying 'Does anyone really care about this stuff in the mainstream?' it seemed so, and if it is another powerful man abusing his power, it is a huge story.

Aye and a key thing with Weinstein (amongst others) is that once the initial story broke, it opened the floodgates and countless others came forward.

Does anyone believe that this woman was the only person that this happened to? Or that no woman has a story about being punished after turning them down? Have they made EVERY woman who has ever been harassed sign an NDA?

Even the stuff that's already public knowledge would look damning for them if it gets brought up. If the mainstream media (finally) picks up on Ashley Massaro's story then I don't see Vince's surviving.

Another big factor is that WWE isn't the same company as it used to be. They got through scandals in the past by uniting and having an "Us Against Them" mentality. Can't do that now. I'd imagine a fair portion of the board are desperate to get rid of the old psycho.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Paid Members
36 minutes ago, unfitfinlay said:

Aye and a key thing with Weinstein (amongst others) is that once the initial story broke, it opened the floodgates and countless others came forward.

Does anyone believe that this woman was the only person that this happened to? Or that no woman has a story about being punished after turning them down? Have they made EVERY woman who has ever been harassed sign an NDA?

I would imagine a company like WWE would have made them all sign NDAs. Where this story broke was because it was a friend of the woman who contacted WWE about it. So, if that is the case, as long as the people behind the NDA's don't speak out publicly, there is (probably) nothing legally wrong with someone close to them speaking out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Paid Members
6 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I would imagine a company like WWE would have made them all sign NDAs. Where this story broke was because it was a friend of the woman who contacted WWE about it. So, if that is the case, as long as the people behind the NDA's don't speak out publicly, there is (probably) nothing legally wrong with someone close to them speaking out.

Oh sure for the ones where something significant happened, certainly. Would they go that far for the women who didn't sleep with them though? Would they have considered it worth it to pay off someone who just felt their career stall after turning someone in management down? Something that, looked at individually would be impossible to prove but, in this context, is fucking damning.

Thinking about it, the main thing that will fuck them up is that the NDAs are with WWE, not Vince McMahon. They surely can't prevent victims from talking to *WWE* about it and they won't prevent the WWE board from taking it public if they so choose.

After all, it isn't a criminal case, WWE are investigating it themselves and have chosen to make it public. Someone there wants Vince gone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

Johnny Ace will obviously take the fall for all of this. 
 

He’ll get fired and they’ll move on and never talk about it again. 

Payout Power unnamed-2.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, wordsfromlee said:

Johnny Ace will obviously take the fall for all of this. 
 

He’ll get fired and they’ll move on and never talk about it again. 

Absolutely.

'Mistakes have been made. I take full responsibility for my actions and have fired John Laurinaitis as a result. I think the WWE Universe wants us to get on with the matter in hand and that is entertaining them like only our great WWE superstars can!' 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...