I think Vince and Johnny Ace might be problematic, lads.

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
36 minutes ago, unfitfinlay said:

Aye and a key thing with Weinstein (amongst others) is that once the initial story broke, it opened the floodgates and countless others came forward.

Does anyone believe that this woman was the only person that this happened to? Or that no woman has a story about being punished after turning them down? Have they made EVERY woman who has ever been harassed sign an NDA?

I would imagine a company like WWE would have made them all sign NDAs. Where this story broke was because it was a friend of the woman who contacted WWE about it. So, if that is the case, as long as the people behind the NDA's don't speak out publicly, there is (probably) nothing legally wrong with someone close to them speaking out.

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I would imagine a company like WWE would have made them all sign NDAs. Where this story broke was because it was a friend of the woman who contacted WWE about it. So, if that is the case, as long as the people behind the NDA's don't speak out publicly, there is (probably) nothing legally wrong with someone close to them speaking out.

Oh sure for the ones where something significant happened, certainly. Would they go that far for the women who didn't sleep with them though? Would they have considered it worth it to pay off someone who just felt their career stall after turning someone in management down? Something that, looked at individually would be impossible to prove but, in this context, is fucking damning.

Thinking about it, the main thing that will fuck them up is that the NDAs are with WWE, not Vince McMahon. They surely can't prevent victims from talking to *WWE* about it and they won't prevent the WWE board from taking it public if they so choose.

After all, it isn't a criminal case, WWE are investigating it themselves and have chosen to make it public. Someone there wants Vince gone.

1 hour ago, wordsfromlee said:

Johnny Ace will obviously take the fall for all of this. 

He’ll get fired and they’ll move on and never talk about it again. 

Absolutely.

'Mistakes have been made. I take full responsibility for my actions and have fired John Laurinaitis as a result. I think the WWE Universe wants us to get on with the matter in hand and that is entertaining them like only our great WWE superstars can!' 

I think that incident with Chatterton was brought to light in the early 90's on Geraldo Rivera’s show, Now It Can Be Told. To the surprise of no one, absolutely fuck all came of it.

EDIT: In fact, I just read that Vince sued Geraldo for airing the claim. Unfortunately, it seems Chatterton has passed away.

Edited by David

Vince would be right at home in the nick. I'd give it six weeks worth of TV before he's pulling off a hood and outing himself as the higher power of some shitty skinhead gang. His neck's going to be going like Linda Blair at all the hulking masses out on the court.