I think Vince and Johnny Ace might be problematic, lads.

IANdrewDiceClay

I can't see this being a big deal, sadly. Yes, it paints Vince and his cohorts as scumbags, which we all knew, but it'll be too easy for them to spin this with "it was consensual"/"she took the money"/"she signed the NDA"/etc. It'll be a brief scandal in the wrestling press, an even briefer one in the mainstream. Unless the case determines rape or abuse was committed, infidelity and misogyny aren't technically illegal.

16 minutes ago, CavemanLynn said:

I can't see this being a big deal, sadly. Yes, it paints Vince and his cohorts as scumbags, which we all knew, but it'll be too easy for them to spin this with "it was consensual"/"she took the money"/"she signed the NDA"/etc. It'll be a brief scandal in the wrestling press, an even briefer one in the mainstream. Unless the case determines rape or abuse was committed, infidelity and misogyny aren't technically illegal.

It’s not the infidelity and misogyny that are being investigated.  It’s using company money to pay the woman off.  That’s a massive deal.

• Paid Members

So what is the likelihood of this being a major thing? I mean, in the real world, 90% of what Vince does are massive things that the normal man wouldn't get away with, but Vince seems to be like teflon and nothing ever seems to stick. Jerry McDevitt must be the best lawyer in the world for all of the covering up he has done for Vince and his merry band of cronies. 

It feels like with it being a boardroom investigation, it could be used as a way to oust him at last, but whether they will or not I have no idea. 

As we know, a lot of people get away with a lot of shit. But sometimes these things do catch up with them too, so this could potentially be the one thing that finally breaks Vince. As a company they'll quickly move on if they need to, and it'll be like it never happened, but it's definitely one to watch for Vince himself.

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Is this going to make a difference to anyones viewing or will you still pay these cunts to watch their product?

This! Me and a mate shared WWE Network. But the Ashley stuff was when we said morally we don’t feel comfortable paying for it anymore so we stopped. I have BT sport so I still see bits, anything else, which has been Rumble and Mania, was on the download 

• Paid Members
25 minutes ago, Nick James said:

It feels like with it being a boardroom investigation, it could be used as a way to oust him at last, but whether they will or not I have no idea. 

The timing with Stephanie taking a step back is really interesting, I think. 

As Dart says, the problem, indeed the crime, is the use of company money, but one suspects that he will still get away with it. Maybe he'll have to write "I won't pay off women I'm sleeping with unless it's with my own money" 10 times on the blackboard.

Sadly, it feels like this isn't going to make a difference on a mainstream level. It's just wrestling being wrestling. 

If he's done this here, he's probably done it before, and it's a fairly terrible look for WWE that doing things like this has been a major part of his character for decades. Proper Weinstein open secret stuff. Horrible.

4 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

This! Me and a mate shared WWE Network. But the Ashley stuff was when we said morally we don’t feel comfortable paying for it anymore so we stopped. I have BT sport so I still see bits, anything else, which has been Rumble and Mania, was on the download 

Yeah the Ashley stuff was the final straw for me as well. I’m one of those oddballs who stopped watching for non wrestling reasons!

25 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Is this going to make a difference to anyones viewing or will you still pay these cunts to watch their product?

I paid them a month for the Network when I was a bit depressed back in Christmas. Watched Breakdown 98 and felt dirty inside so done the usual near instant cancellation. 

But even nicking WrestleMania for free this year to have a good chortle at Vince botching a stunner seems rotten now. I swear, some of us need some form of rehab to stop watching this shite. Maybe get us weaned off gradually with Drowning Pool CDs and tapes of Fear Factor from 2002 or something. 

Edited by Gay as FOOK

57 minutes ago, The Dart said:

It’s not the infidelity and misogyny that are being investigated.  It’s using company money to pay the woman off.  That’s a massive deal.

The board have already concluded he used his own money, which, if it doesn't absolve Vince of the bulk of legal trouble, certainly sounds like the kind of detail that can bury a case in technicalities.

2 minutes ago, RalphyV2 said:

Trying to wean off wrestling takes me one step closer to the edge that i am about to break . What made you choose that PPV? I am intrigued 

One of the comfort watch Silvervisions as a kid, wasn't it. 

The three way cage match is still an absolute belter. 

The fact that this particular thing happened from 2019 until he paid her off in Jan this year means there are probably hundreds of times he's doing something like this, and worse.

Edit: yeah, there's more:

"The board’s investigation, which began in April, has unearthed other, older nondisclosure agreements involving claims by former female WWE employees of misconduct by Mr. McMahon and one of his top executives, John Laurinaitis, the head of talent relations at WWE, the people said. The Journal couldn’t determine how many previous agreements were being scrutinized."

Edited by 69MeDon