AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

• Paid Members

Big Bill was good as W Morrissey during his spell in Impact. He had some good matches against people that were obviously there to make him look like a monster, plus the pre-rexorded nature of it meant they could edit the messier bits out. He even cut a few decent promos and did some good interview segments.

He doesn't need N.Zo or whatever he's trying to call himself anymore. I'm sure there'd be some interest in an outing at the Crockett Cup for them both, but I think N.Zo needs Big Bill more than Big Bill needs him. 

• Paid Members

Dynamite has been on an upswing this past three weeks. This week was the weakest of the three I think, but still much improved on where they were for a spell there. 

There's a clear selection of younger talent that have been picked for focus for this time period which is good to see (MJF obviously, The Acclaimed, Jungle Boy, Hook, Ricky Starks and Top Flight). All seem to be protected/given something to get their teeth into at the moment. 

I like the TNT title being in the main event, and focus through the shows on the upcoming main event for that night. Not sure what the end goal is with the TNT title though, as when they took it off Wardlow, I expected Khan wanted to move him away from it. However Joe absolutely wrecked him this week, to the point Wardlow needs to end him decisively next time out, which probably means putting the belt back on him. I think that'd be a mistake. It would work if there's a clear plan for after, but if he has two poor runs with the belt then he'll be like Sammy Guevara.

Give Wardlow a month on the shelf selling the beating and have Joe go another four weeks adding some shine to his run. Refusing to face Wardlow again, saying that he's beat him twice. AEW could go with Wardlow returning to cost Joe the belt in order to get Joe to fight him again. Might make Wardlow look like a bit of an idiot though. Maybe if he cost him the ROH TV title, it would give Joe a reason to accept a TNT title match. Still the problem of Wardlow having a belt again with it probably being short term, and needing to figure out another way to get it off him again. 

Bryan Danielson's character has just flatlined however. The messy flip flopping since he came in has really left him pretty much worthless as a difference maker. It's a far cry from when he was facing Omega. 

32 minutes ago, WeeAl said:

left him pretty much worthless as a difference maker. It's a far cry from when he was facing Omega. 

I’ve felt like this too, rarely get excited to hear his music over the past months. Me & missus kind of take a tea break during his matches now 

1 hour ago, TobyK said:

I’ve felt like this too, rarely get excited to hear his music over the past months. Me & missus kind of take a tea break during his matches now 

Tony K needs to pay whatever it costs to get Final Countdown as his entrance music. I know it’s been discussed many times but his current entrance music is 90% of the problem 

8 hours ago, hallicks said:

Tony K needs to pay whatever it costs to get Final Countdown as his entrance music. I know it’s been discussed many times but his current entrance music is 90% of the problem 

It definitely isn't 90%.

Does anyone really give a shit about Final Countdown anyway? It's not like it was his WWE theme. Surely plenty of fans won't even know about it.

I don't think changing his music would help. It might make us feel better and I can't stand what he uses right now but he's been proper Bret Hart WCW'd. How much of that is on him as well I don't know. 

Perhaps if Punk hand crinkled his panties we might have got a feud/match between the two which might have helped. 

That said I'm always confident if he does want to/need to step up to top tier again and has a say in it, he'll give us something to care about. 

• Paid Members

Danielson feels a bit like one of the old WWE lot that switched over to TNA when they knew they didn't have too many more years left in the ring. Nice fat cheque, easy schedule and pretty much just do what you want, but not actually bumping any gates or grabbing new eyes to the product because the desire isn't there.

Danielson has always said his last match will probably be in a barn with about 5 people watching. AEW works for him, but AEW aren't getting too much back. It's a shame AEW aren't getting pre-retirement Daniel Bryan instead with the fire and crowd reactions.

I'd be less fussed about Final Countdown than I would be him bringing back Self Esteem by Offspring.

Fuck it, let's have an early 2000's Dragon revival with white trunks and 40 minutes of him and Low-Ki or Doug Williams dropping each other on their heads!

(I'm only being partially sarcastic here)

On 12/30/2022 at 5:35 AM, LaGoosh said:

Darby vs Joe announced for next week in Darby's hometown...good lord. If they top the last one this might be an all time classic. 

Was it announced if this was for the TNT Title? I know Darby was pissing about with the belt after Joe's match with Wardlow but I can't remember if they said the belt was on the line or not.

It doesn't feel like the right time for Joe to drop the belt just yet but AEW do love giving people big wins in their hometowns. 

• Awards Moderator
4 minutes ago, JimmyAnderson said:

Was it announced if this was for the TNT Title? I know Darby was pissing about with the belt after Joe's match with Wardlow but I can't remember if they said the belt was on the line or not.

It doesn't feel like the right time for Joe to drop the belt just yet but AEW do love giving people big wins in their hometowns. 

I'm sure Sting shouted at Darby on Rampage to "go get your title back", and I'm not calling Sting a liar!

24 minutes ago, JimmyAnderson said:

For the title

Doesn't mean he's winning anything though. With this and last week's match against Wardlow it's nice to see some jeopardy going into the title matches. Where you can believe either person has a realistic chance of winning.

• Paid Members

I've done the 'lapsed viewer' thing again, so now that Fite is on my TV as an actual app I need to catch up on the weeklies, starting with Blood and Guts which is pretty much when I lapsed.

What from the last 6 months can be avoided / is essential?

Edited by seph