AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

• Paid Members

With all those lights and the staging of that ad they all look like contestants on one of those singing reality shows waiting to go out in stage and wail like a banshee through a ballad.

9 hours ago, Jonny Vegas said:

I know he seems to be a UKFF favourite but I think he is shite

He’s exciting from the point of you never know what’s going to happen when he’s on the mic or in camera shot and his promos are usually very entertaining. I think he’s a special case in that he is the most unscripted out of the roster and does have a lot of presence, but there is still an air of the boy who cried wolf with him. I always seem to enjoy watching his storylines and still hoping for a renewed MJF feud, but his actual matches do get a bit chop happy for me

26 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Big Bill/W. Morrissey and announcer Lexy Nair seem to have gotten engaged if her Instagram story is anything to go by. There's something in the water at AEW.

They were going out before he got to AEW, she’s DDP’s step daughter and Dallas helped him in his recovery 

20 minutes ago, RalphyV2 said:

Im looking forward to AEW again tonight. will we see the new look? 

Not tonight. All set to be revamped in the new year with the 4th January show.

Rampage is meant to be getting an update as well to make it more distinct from Dynamite. That'll be live on the 6th & doubles up with BOTB meaning a further wait to see what that's like.

I was originally hoping when Rampage debuted that the ring dressing would have a distinct difference i.e orange ropes or something, rather than just the banner swap. Understood that there’s live stage production logistics to deal with.

It does seem there’s been a shot of new life into Rampage recently, following the dragged out ROH influx. Looking forward to seeing the change up in set design and a bit of rejuvenated action.

28 minutes ago, TobyK said:

I was originally hoping when Rampage debuted that the ring dressing would have a distinct difference i.e orange ropes or something, rather than just the banner swap. Understood that there’s live stage production logistics to deal with.

It does seem there’s been a shot of new life into Rampage recently, following the dragged out ROH influx. Looking forward to seeing the change up in set design and a bit of rejuvenated action.

Anything but black, blue, white and red would be a great change 

1 hour ago, RalphyV2 said:

I always loved as a younger fan when WWE introduced a new set up, or WCW really, always made me excited, i look forward to the new AEW one. I have had a strange vision of a Smackdown style fist set, but with a Muffin instead to troll CM Punk, but enough about my strange thoughts! 

With Mox and Hangman brawling all over the last wee while, people have wanted them to destroy the current set.

Elite v. Death Triangle in a Falls Count Anywhere match has the potential for that on paper. Problem is they've got to tape Rampage after it.

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, CavemanLynn said:

Rampage with a destroyed set would be the first time the show name made sense on screen.

The Fact George or Lizzie were never part of the set always annoyed me. Who wouldn't want to see Wrestlers walk out underneath the legs of giant knock offs of Godzilla and King Kong (never Ralph though, he was always the odd one out).

• Paid Members

I'm more than likely in the minority here, but for a show with a Falls Count Anywhere match and Joe Vs Wardlow, I found this episode a bit of a chore to get through.

Not sure if it was the opening two matches both going around 20 mins each that made it a bit of a slog, but I just couldn't get into it like usual. I don't think there's anyone at the moment that I absolutely loved, but now couldn't give a fuck about than Bryan Danielson. 

Even The Acclaimed music video wasn't as good as usual. 

Kip Sabian looks fucking ridiculous.

The one thing on this show that was put h perfect, though, was Jungle Boys run in and Hook trying to T-bone Big Bill. The crowd will go nuts when he actually does it. Also enjoyed Taz getting annoyed at Stokeley and saying he needs to be careful he doesn't get a slap, the crowd will also go nuts when Taz takes off the headset and storms down to the ring.

This was just bad. Tay giving the middle finger to the crowd constantly was awkward as well.

Edited by Nick James

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, Nick James said:

I'm more than likely in the minority here, but for a show with a Falls Count Anywhere match and Joe Vs Wardlow, I found this episode a bit of a chore to get through.

Not sure if it was the opening two matches both going around 20 mins each that made it a bit of a slog, but I just couldn't get into it like usual. I don't think there's anyone at the moment that I absolutely loved, but now couldn't give a fuck about than Bryan Danielson. 

Even The Acclaimed music video wasn't as good as usual. 

Kip Sabian looks fucking ridiculous.

The one thing on this show that was put h perfect, though, was Jungle Boys run in and Hook trying to T-bone Big Bill. The crowd will go nuts when he actually does it. Also enjoyed Taz getting annoyed at Stokeley and saying he needs to be careful he doesn't get a slap, the crowd will also go nuts when Taz takes off the headset and storms down to the ring.

Couldn’t agree more. Show was a slog other than the Hook/Jungle bit.

Elite vs DT is diminishing returns every week. It peaked with the initial match and then they killed any drama by announcing halfway in the stipulations for the final matches. Self indulgent rubbish.

I did a list on here with all the people in AEW I’d get rid of and half of this show was those people. 

I liked that it took 3 hits with a board for big bill to bail. Proper “giant” selling and not just one and done. hook getting him up a little for the T bone sets a nice hook for the match if he can hit it or not. Jungle boy is no Danhausen tho 

I don’t need to see 7 or anything in wrestling, I’ve had no interest in any of the matches post ppv. 

Danielson with the sting tan 25 years after starcade, he really doesn’t want the belt does he 😂😂

• Paid Members

I enjoyed the show too. Though I did skip the opening match because I don't give a shit about either guy. Babyface Danielson is incredibly dull. Second week in a row the Champion has done nothing.

I'm in love with Willow Nightingale. Fittest woman in wrestling.