AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

• Paid Members

They've recently made a point of hyping and building up the main event during the show which I like a lot. Makes the shows feel more cohesive and like the main event matters. Previously Dynamite felt like a bunch of segments/matches loosely taped together. They're getting better at closing up the many small (but important) production issues.

Probably highlight of the night was Omega knee-ing Fenix into the shadow realm:

Edited by LaGoosh

• Paid Members
32 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

A little thing that was great was Hangman's initial reaction to Renee and pulling it back because he knew it was shitty to do, he's so good at that stuff.

I noticed that when he said something like 'well you would want to know wouldn't you', then grounded himself again. Really clever touch and Renee not acknowledging it was good too.

Just rewatched the Hook / JB segment again, that suplex on Big Cass is going to blow the roof off isn't it? He got a pop just by going for it never mind actually doing it. Would love Taz to slap the Tazmission on Stokeley while Hook has Moriarty in the Redrum. 

Bit of a side rant, but ‘Big Bill’ might be my least favourite wrestling name ever. If he’d been ‘Big’ Bill Morrisey I’d have been OK with that, but the combination they’ve chosen here…I absolutely despise it, it’s so underwhelming. I may be alone in feeling this way, but fuck that name.

11 hours ago, Chili said:

I love Ricky Starks at the moment. He's a cocky fucking bloke and he makes it so cool. Proper confident lad. 

Ricky turning face but keeping his character is how to do a turn right, something WWE failed with with Orton’s first face run in 05, Reigns for most of his face run (save for late 2015/early 2016 and his post cancer run) and the latter part of Rollins’ face run when paired with Becky and running scared of the Fiend

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, RedRooster said:

Bit of a side rant, but ‘Big Bill’ might be my least favourite wrestling name ever. If he’d been ‘Big’ Bill Morrisey I’d have been OK with that, but the combination they’ve chosen here…I absolutely despise it, it’s so underwhelming. I may be alone in feeling this way, but fuck that name.

Yep it's definitely a bad name. You don't want your Champion to be some guy called Big Bill.

Darby vs Joe announced for next week in Darby's hometown...good lord. If they top the last one this might be an all time classic. 

Edited by LaGoosh

As great as it is that Big Bill has overcome hie demons etc etc, is there really much value in him outside of his tag team with Enzo?  He's not got anything special about him.

I guess I assumed that if he was clean, that WWE would probably bring Enzo and Cas back at some point.  But he seems to be staying solo in AEW.

18 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

Darby vs Joe announced for next week in Darby's hometown...good lord.

I know Darby probably needs some shine back, but I think we all want to see more of Joe murdering him.  

Edited by Loki

20 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

While I don't want Enzo on my TV I'm surprised he wasn't picked up, I'd imagine him possibly stirring shit in the locker room being the biggest issue for Tony.

Well it wouldn’t be the whole sexual assault thing, that’s for sure. 

On 12/20/2022 at 9:14 PM, Loki said:

They'll get 15 minutes in the middle of the show, bookended by the other two women's segments, one of which will be a Britt Baker interview.  It's the same every week.

Pace the women’s main event the other week, 51 out of 52 Dynamites in 2022 had only one women’s match (edit: generally in the piss break slot)

e550f0568a9a1.png?auto=webp&s=983998d4e8

I’m hopeful they’ll give more prominence to the division this year, seeing as some of their best performers and most interesting matchups are in it.

Edited by Loki