AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

9 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Miro has refused what creative had, wonder who else is in a similar boat.

I don’t just mean talkative level of guy, they have lower/ mid careers we hardly see that could do with a refresh like they did with Preston Vance. If you need guys with size to go against Keith Lee then take big bill away from the jungle boy feud. 

• Paid Members

CJ Perry has been teasing Miro going back to WWE, which feels like it's just paper talk to hype up Miro a little rather than him actually jumping to WWE. She has said something along the lines of 'Everyone goes back to WWE'.

If I was Tony Khan though, it would give me food for thought in that Miro is contracted for a good few years, 2026 I believe, is it worth paying someone good money (I presume) to sit back with the face on. See also, Andrade.

28 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

I would have had regrets signing him the moment he wanted to come in doing a Gamer gimmick, a big brute like that but he's a fucking nerd.

People remember it as a gamer gimmick. I remember it as coming in as Kip Sabian's tag partner. Which is far worse when you consider how Brian Cage, Lance Archer, and Brodie Lee got to debut in 2020.

Edited by Infinity Land

• Paid Members

I enjoyed this week's show. I didn't mind the car crash of the Swerve/Lee segment, Swerve leading a gang of Neo Nazis just amuses me. Raggedy bitch is my new favourite thing to say.

Loved FTR and the Ass Boys, with the right winner in the right way. FTR are my favourite tag team, but this is how to use them right now. 

Opener was fun, but predictable.

Main event was a stunner.

11 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Sky Sports picks up AEW

Guilia and Maika sign with WWE

Kota Ibushi debuts in AEW

Minoru Suzuki wins the IWGP Heavyweight Title

Wrong thread mate.

I watched a bit of Dynamite last night, I'm a very casual fan so dismiss my thoughts, but I thought that trios match was superb, the Danielson segment good, and sort of enjoyed the FTR match, even though I think they're boring. The rest was a bit crap.

MJF...I just don't get it and I don't think I ever will. I'm aware of the long term story of his, but every time I see him, I just think "What a cheap heel"

Wow, you said prick. Well done mate. He will never be The Miz :)

Edited by SuperBacon

Not sure how to link to it but AEW have released a teaser on Facebook of the new setup for the new look......fucking hell it's shite. Its like an old BritWres promotion trying hard to be cool. I'm not a fan, but it may grow on me.

https://fb.watch/hH0ZHXx3iT/

Edited by Big'Olympic_Hero'Pete
Link might work

28 minutes ago, Big'Olympic_Hero'Pete said:

Not sure how to link to it but AEW have released a teaser on Facebook of the new setup for the new look......fucking hell it's shite. Its like an old BritWres promotion trying hard to be cool. I'm not a fan, but it may grow on me.

https://fb.watch/hH0ZHXx3iT/

Did I miss something? Where's the set up exactly? Just looked like a promo.

On 12/23/2022 at 1:15 PM, Merzbow said:

Book it.

I think one of the main reason's I can't get behind or buy into Eddie Kingston is that he seems to be constantly talking shit and running his mouth about numerous other people - seemingly not as a work either.

He then followed it up by saying he loves winding up those who are insecure yet he was nearly in tears and went on and on about it when someone called him fat.

I know he seems to be a UKFF favourite but I think he is shite.

He reminds me of the generic secondary school wannabe hard man who's always talking about how hard he is, telling everyone how he "does UFC", picks on people then goes running to teacher any time someone capable of standing up to them does so 

Edited by Jonny Vegas

35 minutes ago, Jonny Vegas said:

He then followed it up by saying he loves winding up those who are insecure yet he was nearly in tears and went on and on about it when someone called him fat.

There may well be a touch of the CM Punk about him, but given how public he’s been about his battles with mental health, I kind of understand it.

Mental health problems can make you inconsistent, they can make you thin-skinned about things that really don’t matter and they can make you over-analyse things that don’t need over analysed. I’ve done all of these things myself, and continue to do so. It makes him very relatable, and that’s part of his appeal.