AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

• Paid Members

I haven't been a huge Sammy Guevara fan in the past but have started turning the corner on him recently. He's an incredibly unlikeable person/on-screen character, like I genuinely want to punch him every time he sticks his tongue out or does his "I'm crazy" taunt. He gets actual proper crowd heat which is very rare in this day and age. But he also throws all these absolutely mental spots into his matches which get loud reactions but importantly don't result in him getting babyface pops. Add to that he's being increasingly vicious and nasty in his wrestling and he and Tay have finally seemed to find their on-screen chemistry. Put it all together and his matches just have a unique chaotic atmosphere and energy to them. He still can't cut a promo for shit but I think there might finally be something there with him.

Edited by LaGoosh

I think I must be the only wrestling fan who doesn’t particularly enjoy the blood any more.  I definitely can live without slicing open an ear and  then Sammy licking it off his fingers.

As an occasional gimmick that adds heat to major match, sure.  But a throwaway Rampage opener on a wet Friday?  It’s just redundant.

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, Loki said:

I think I must be the only wrestling fan who doesn’t particularly enjoy the blood any more.  I definitely can live without slicing open an ear and  then Sammy licking it off his fingers.

As an occasional gimmick that adds heat to major match, sure.  But a throwaway Rampage opener on a wet Friday?  It’s just redundant.

I think if it was just Mox's ear bleeding I wouldn't have had a problem with it. But Sammy licking it then kissing Tay and her being spattered with blood over her mouth afterwards was definitely too much.

Mox just seems to love blading for some reason. If he stopped you'd barely have any blood in AEW.

With it always being mox bleeding, how are we ever meant to feel he’s in danger of losing when he’s showing week on week that blood loss doesn’t stop him winning? Devalues blood and makes him a bit of a dick for killing it’s impact 

• Paid Members

Thing is the blood often doesn't make sense in the context of the match. Like he bladed when he went against Takeshita. But really if Takeshita had bled, then still fought back valiantly against Mox's onslaught then that would have meant more than Mox bleeding against someone on the roster who isn't on his level. Confusing. I think Mox is generally great but he pretty regularly does stuff in his matches that makes no fucking sense whatsoever.

They'll get 15 minutes in the middle of the show, bookended by the other two women's segments, one of which will be a Britt Baker interview.  It's the same every week.

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, Lorne Malvo said:

Him blading every match seems to have replaced him doing that fucking rebound clothesline thing so surely the blood is an upgrade.

Should have gone for a halfway option where he rebounds off the ropes and spontaneously bleeds from the head as a comeback spot.