AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

Which has already been countered by he was offered something. Turned it down leaving him out of the PPV cycle.

Turned it down? If that's the case he should be made to do it anyway as he's under contract. Even if they don't have a story for him just have him merking fools in weekly Rampage squashes. It doesn't have to be complicated.

Additionally, Scorpio Sky is also apparently 100% healthy and just sitting at home. I'm not a huge fan but Men of The Year were a solid mid card heel team that could be a fun feud with The Acclaimed. It would also end Ethan Page's doomed to fail current push which is only for the best. Call him up Tony!

Edited by LaGoosh

• Paid Members

It does make you wonder with Miro, what the craic actually is. He's a star in waiting, great look. good in ring and has an aura you can't teach, but he finds himself again sat at home with nothing to do because 'creative has nothing for you'. It was hidden when he was on Raw by Vince being Vince, you could believe that he was keeping him away to be petty, but this is the second time its happened. If the above is true and he's turning down storylines etc, maybe its that creative can't be fucked more than creative has nothing. 

Either way, its a damn shame, hes brilliant. If I was Tony, I'd fuck off the ones bitching and moaning, such as Andrade and possibly Miro if thats the attitude they have, and let HHH pick up their catering tab. AEW are not short of stars that aren't getting TV time. 

2022 has certainly been a significant difference from 2020/21. Pre-Rampage he actually worked Dark quite a bit. Subbed in for the World Eliminator.

What changed? He got a big shiny new contract. Looks like he'll have worked a grand total of 4 matches this year, the odd TV appearance and some promos from the void.

Scorpio I can see back for the California shows.

There’s fair few in aew now like Miro that feel like the high wage earners who are with a Sunderland or Fulham when they drop into the championship and down tools as that think the league is beneath them. I credit their letting contracts run to their end as gives them a USP,  but those refusing to work should be out the door. 

• Paid Members

I think Miro would be a good Champion after MJF. AEW has been good in that each world title reign feels very different and has significantly different vibes, they've never had a full-on unstoppable monster heel World Champion. Go all in, give him a throne. Make him the wrestling equivalent of Shao Khan. He could be the closest thing to a modern day Vader.

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

I like Miro but he's nowhere near Vader's level imo.

Yeah, no one is. Vader is one of the best wrestlers ever. I didn't say Miro is as a good as him, I said he could be a modern day equivalent - a hard hitting, monster heel main eventer.

• Paid Members

A good thing from Ricky Starks promo was that he started his promo in the far corner of the ring but as he gradually ratcheted up the intensity he slowly moved closer and closer to MJF until finishing his promo right in his face. It's subtle stuff like this that really gets a segment over and adds to the drama.

Nothing annoys me worse than when two wrestlers promo on each other and just stand motionless in the middle of the ring waiting for the other to finish. It's the WWE special. 

Edited by LaGoosh

• Paid Members

I hope Regal was watching that Starks promo on his way out the door. Go back to the Performance Center and completely tear up the promo class curriculum. There’s a huge benefit in switching up the rhythm and cadence as and when required. Turns out you don’t always…need…to…talk…really…slowly…giving the crowd time (****) to digest and react (****).

18 hours ago, Nick James said:

It does make you wonder with Miro, what the craic actually is. He's a star in waiting, great look. good in ring and has an aura you can't teach, but he finds himself again sat at home with nothing to do because 'creative has nothing for you'. It was hidden when he was on Raw by Vince being Vince, you could believe that he was keeping him away to be petty, but this is the second time its happened. If the above is true and he's turning down storylines etc, maybe its that creative can't be fucked more than creative has nothing. 

I often think that when fans complain about a wrestler not being pushed enough. There's so much more to it than a wrestler having a good look or being good in the ring or cutting a good promo. 

• Paid Members

This William Regal stuff is some of the worst writing AEW have ever done. What an absolute mess. Moxley looked like he wanted fuck all to do with that segment and even Regal looked like he was cutting his promo with a gun to his head. 

Look at the other times things haven't worked out for them. Their reaction is usually pretty good. Exploding ring fucks up? Send two of their best promo guys in Mox and Kingston to arm-wave it away. Punk has a meltdown? Strip him of the belt, don't mention his name. This Regal stuff just keeps getting muddier and muddier. At this point, they're going to make MJF vs Danielson all about Regal whilst Regal is having a laugh in the Performance Center with HBK. 

Why they didn't just have Regal never show up again after the Moxley 'run' promo will never make sense to me. 

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said:

Why they didn't just have Regal never show up again after the Moxley 'run' promo will never make sense to me. 

I reckon it's because they knew he was leaving but didn't know when other than *soon*.

The plan was likely for him to work with MJF for a bit then leave - but they skipped straight to the end. At which point, I could see concern that it threw Mox and the BCC under the bus a bit.

So, I think this was a genuine attempt at a little bit of damage control - and making clear that Regal saw the BCC as the main event, and focused attention on them rather than him. But it was all trying to do too much in too short time, so it got hopelessly muddled.

But, overall, I'm also taking this as meaning things with Regal in real life were somewhat on good terms, and that's no bad thing 

I'd listened to his podcast which was taped just before Full Gear but released after. The way I remember it there were plans for what they were doing next. Then the following podcast released this week was his co-host and guest confirming he'd gone. No more podcast appearances.

Behind the scenes it might have been worked on since October, but I can believe the specifics were being made up as they went along.