Danhausen

2Xtreme_lives

I don't know if it's just me, but that video is really crap. I know Mox hated being in WWE, but he can't think that THAT is better? From the weird voice, to the stupid cursing. I mean if he could curse anyone and everyone, surely he'd just curse Adam Page and win the belt. Then the fans are chanting this is awesome? Come on, what's awesome about Regal selling some strange curse? It's not 1992 anymore.

• Paid Members

it's a post-show comedy skit to pop the crowd after the televised portion of the show ended on a down note. It's like shitting on WWE in 2002 because they tried to get Undertaker to do a Spin-a-roonie as a post-show, untelevised comedy bit.Ā 

Technically, it's post show, but now it's out there for everyone to see. I just think that cursing someone is really really stupid. You'd just curse everyone wouldn't you?

If I'd seen the Undertaker trying to do a spinaroonie my reaction would be that's fucking stupid too.

Maybe I'm overthinking it, it is entertainment after all.

15 minutes ago, stewdogg said:

I don't know if it's just me, but that video is really crap. I know Mox hated being in WWE, but he can't think that THAT is better? From the weird voice, to the stupid cursing. I mean if he could curse anyone and everyone, surely he'd just curse Adam Page and win the belt. Then the fans are chanting this is awesome? Come on, what's awesome about Regal selling some strange curse? It's not 1992 anymore.

Bet you're fun at partiesĀ 

• Paid Members

I can't stand Danhousen. His skits and comedy have real office break room "Look at this YouTube video, it's so funny!" energy. I'm desperately trying to find the humour in anything he does but there's nothing. It's not even 'wrestling funny'.

But even I can see that this is just the usual non-canon post-show jokes and japes that you usually get from AEW and WWE. It means nothing, it will amount to nothing, and it was there purely to send the crowd home happy. If we tune into Dynamite next week, and Regal still sells the leg whenever Danhousen walks past, then I'll be shitting on it from a great height, but right now it's on-par with Tony Khan battering Shawn Spears and HHH taking a dozen stunners.

54 minutes ago, stewdogg said:

Technically, it's post show, but now it's out there for everyone to see. I just think that cursing someone is really really stupid. You'd just curse everyone wouldn't you?

If I'd seen the Undertaker trying to do a spinaroonie my reaction would be that's fucking stupid too.

Maybe I'm overthinking it, it is entertainment after all.

You are definitely over thinking.Ā 

What a difference a Regal makes. That's the best thing involving Danhausen I've seen, and it all comes down to checking your ego in at the door and selling his goofy shit for a bit. The clip is a perfect example, of course, of a unique talent in Regal who can go from serious hardcase to rubber-legged goofball in an instant. Fuck RC City and his awkward -just-not-getting-it Hey EW (where Danhausen was getting clearly uncomfortably annoyed). Danhausen shouldn't be near these guys on the main show, but as a harmless jape to end the night, it's great. The only major gripe I have with Danhausen's bits, backstage and in the arena, is that there's no punchline; he's weird and amusing for a bit, but then the segment kind of drifts off. If he's going to be focal point, he needs to round off his bits instead of just shuffling about waiting for the camera to cut away.

40 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I retract my previous comment on Danhausen being a bad signing based on that video. The moment when someone in the crowd shouted ā€œYou donā€™t want to be cursedā€ Ā followed by classic comedy Regal is sublimeĀ 

I still donā€™t ā€˜getā€™ most of his humour, but this was a stellar segment. Totally with you on this one.

• Paid Members

"The problem is that Danhausen's cursesĀ just don't make senseĀ and they should explain it better" is exactly the kind of thing that makes me love this.Ā 

Also, Regal is clearly enjoying this enormously, which just makes it all better. The only reference I ever want to this is along the lines of Regal on commentary, and the next time Danhausen is mentioned, audibly shuddering and saying that he's told the BCC to leave him alone until they understand more about his dark powers.