Danhausen

2Xtreme_lives

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Infinity Land said:

Only seen Danhausen in blog appearances. Not sure I want to see him wrestle.

I can only assume TK hasn't seen him without the facepaint otherwise he would have been main eventing AEW by now :)

Reveal hidden contents

Screen_u_20Shot_u_202020-01-20_u_20at_u_

You say without the facepaint, but we all know this is Danhausen in his human makeup.

Edited by jazzygeofferz

3 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

This is a tangent, but the pictures he's standing in front of in that photo are by an artist called Danny Haas (Danny Haas ... Danhausen? Coincidence?) and they're fantastic. There's a whole series of half-and-half portraits, mostly of comicbook characters (Thor/Loki, Gwen Stacy/Spider-Gwen, Matt Murdock/Daredevil etc) but some others as well (Walter White/Heisenberg is one I think). We saw them in a shop in Grand Central Station when we went to New York on holiday a few years ago and bought one, and I've recently been thinking I'd like to collect a few more. But I can't find the full range of them anywhere online. I guess what I'm asking is, can Danhausen help me find them?!

Do you have access to lots of human monies or a blimp? If so, I'm sure he'll be interested in negotiating with you.

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Infinity Land said:

I can only assume TK hasn't seen him without the facepaint otherwise he would have been main eventing AEW by now :)

Reveal hidden contents

His original ring name was Kid Gorgeous (A tribute to Moe in The Simpsons). Even more crazy, his name really is Danhausen. Donovan Danhausen. 

7 hours ago, Infinity Land said:

Hide contents

He's not fooling anyone with that stick-on pirate beard. Just a regular human who enjoys breathing oxygen and standing on his several legs.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, air_raid said:

Coming up next in A&W….. Danhausen vs Bryan Danielhausenson.

That’ll put some gimps in the seathausens.

It'll be a fullhausen

• Paid Members

No, I can understand him being annoyed about it. Danhausen isn't for everyone. It's a fun gimmickhausen, but it is quite marmite.

I do wonder whether that's why Tony Khan may be a little reluctant to sign him. No idea where he'd fit in, or how well received he'd be. It'd be some fun on Dark & Elevation, maybe some shenanigans with Orange Cassidy & Best Friends for a while on Dynamite & Rampage, but then what? 

• Paid Members

Why does there need to be a 'then what'? Nobody is suggesting he should be built to being a main-eventer. Some fun on Dark/Elevation, Best Friend shenanigans and the like is pretty much what Danhausen fans are looking for.

On the 'hausen' stuff, it's worth remembering that Danhausen knows it's repetitive - when he was talking to Jericho, he made that point, that it's not just adding 'hausen' at the end. He actually does that reasonably rarely - it's why it's Chris Judas rather than Chris Jerichausen, and why you get stuff like Dave Honor. It's part of what I like about him - he's naturally good at this stuff and judges it pretty well to keep things fresh.

20 minutes ago, Chris B said:

On the 'hausen' stuff, it's worth remembering that Danhausen knows it's repetitive - when he was talking to Jericho, he made that point, that it's not just adding 'hausen' at the end. He actually does that reasonably rarely

Hmm, I can’t see how using something sparingly instead of beating it to death at every opportunity can be funny.