Danhausen

2Xtreme_lives

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry chaps, I'm not getting this.  It just seems to be a really rubbish indy gimmick that should never get on tv.  Does he even wrestle? In a way, I hope not.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

From last night's post-show, an interaction that I've been looking forward to a lot, and still didn't go how I expected.

Danhausen massively irritating some people, especially when interacting with more serious wrestlers, is just making me like him more.

So you like that he's a detriment to the product because it's annoying some people?

I like Dan and think there could be a perfect spot for him in AEW but the few interactions with Hook have been so fucking bad, like WWE levels of unfunny comedy with a guy who shouldn't be in those spots right now.

That video is great tho.

Edited by Merzbow

14 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

So you like that he's a detriment to the product because it's annoying some people?

I agree with @Chris B. First, he's simply not a detriment to the product as his merch sales and the reaction to the crowd when he pops up. He's disliked because like Orange Cassidy, it's a marmite character and the complaining from people sounds proper Fireworks Factory. Which is hilarious. People think he's going to make Hook unpopular. As if, it's bloody Hook. If you don't like it, cool. If he was in the current position Adam Cole gets and the discussion he'd receive, I get it. 

Edited by Chili

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Perhaps he considers it an enhancement to the product because it's annoying some people?

If you annoy enough people you are doing something right. I can’t say I’ve cared for how they use him so far, the hook stuff especially, I love him as a character, his off screen stuff, but it doesn’t feel a fit for the fast moving dynamite and Rampage as you need a few mins to understand what is going on with him.

I still hold out hope they start a kids show that’s hosted by him and Renee, do skits or commentary and have his one liners that give him more Depth than just facepainted* guy who points 

* just the red below the eyes 

Edited by Louch

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Merzbow said:

To be fair, I enjoy a bit of shithousing/hausen.

The idea that he turns up for 30 seconds sometimes and some people overreact in a way that won't actually likely harm anything? It amuses me. The idea that him being weird around Hook will damage Hook? It's not like Bill Goldberg putting on Goldust's wig and being booked badly - it's just interacting and Hook being, well, Hook.

In the meantime, something I find inexplicably funny that also inexplicably infuriates someone else just makes it funnier to me.

• Paid Members

the stuff with Hook works because it's both of them playing to their strengths, Hook completely no-selling Danhausen is fine. But I do think they could do better by Danhausen; pairing him with Best Friends was a mistake as it just felt like a go-to "dump the comedy guys we don't know what to do with together" idea, and it limited his potential. He should have always been much closer to what Orange Cassidy was early on, just appearing in other people's segments in the background, just weird little cameos all over the place. Tying him to one or two wrestlers this early on hasn't helped.

More stuff like that interaction with Regal will work wonders, though. It's all on how others react around him.