Danhausen

2Xtreme_lives

• Paid Members

I think, if anything, Orange Cassidy has quite effectively been moved beyond the confines of "novelty act". Every match I've seen from him recently doesn't really rely on the schtick half as heavily as his earlier matches with AEW did, and are much more conventional babyface performances with little bits of the gimmick as window dressing. He's past the boom period of the gimmick first getting over enough to give him a feud with Jericho, but that's way higher than anyone reasonably predicted that character's ceiling being anyway.

I don't see the comparison to Matt Hardy with Danhausen either; he's not a "magical powers" or supernatural character, just a weird little dude who sort of thinks he's a demon. He's not doing disappearing acts and transformations, just oddball comedy, and that fits just about anywhere. There's a ton of people he could interact with that would be perfect straight men for him, and other gimmicks he could bounce off, and he's already been working with Billy and the Ass Boys plenty on social media anyway. He's still injured, so if he were to come in now, it would be in a non-wrestling role anyway, and in many ways that could be a better way to introduce the character. Have him commentate a little on Dark, or give him a weird interview/news recap segment before he ever gets in the ring.

2 hours ago, BomberPat said:

I don't see the comparison to Matt Hardy with Danhausen either; he's not a "magical powers" or supernatural character, just a weird little dude who sort of thinks he's a demon. He's not doing disappearing acts and transformations, just oddball comedy, and that fits just about anywhere. There's a ton of people he could interact with that would be perfect straight men for him, and other gimmicks he could bounce off, and he's already been working with Billy and the Ass Boys plenty on social media anyway. He's still injured, so if he were to come in now, it would be in a non-wrestling role anyway, and in many ways that could be a better way to introduce the character. Have him commentate a little on Dark, or give him a weird interview/news recap segment before he ever gets in the ring.

It wasn't really a comparison in terms of powers or supernatural etc. More a character that a lot of people enjoyed and wanted to see in AEW (and at the time Hardy was extremely popular for that stuff and a lot of people were hoping he'd come in) but the presentation didn't really fit in with what AEW were doing. So yeah, maybe Danhausen will work better because he's not as limited and, as you say, it's more of a comedic thing along the lines of OC but it could easily go down the Hardy route and be a disaster too. Some things just stand out like a sore thumb in a company like AEW. I could see Danhausen working better in Impact more than AEW but if Tony and the writers approach it carefully then I'm sure they could make a success out of it.

• Paid Members
53 minutes ago, Liam O'Rourke said:

Danhausen as the new leader of the Dark Order would be amusing.

I know I said earlier that I didn't think Danhausen fit in AEW, but now you've said that, I want skits with John Silver and Danhausen as best friends, with Alex Reynolds getting annoyed at it. Chuck Colt in there as well.

2 hours ago, CavemanLynn said:

Sting to be revealed as his kayfabe dad, and weeks winding up his sour-faced emo stepbrother Darby Allin. Darbhausen.

They both wear a lotta face paint, Danhousen only wears a little red below his eyes. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Mac Caster? Of all the occasions to be trotting out legends they stick Max Caster there? 

Tbf I know some states are restricting things due to Omicron, it may just be they can’t get legends out.

That said, I like Caster being in there because there is some history with them both isn’t there?

2 hours ago, 69MeDon said:

Max Caster has announced that he will be one of the judges for Danielson vs Hangman.

I wonder if we might also see a Judgehausen.

He also claims on twitter that he’s MJF’s boyfriend. I’d not take him tweeting he’s a judge seriously 

• Awards Moderator
42 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

Only seen Danhausen in blog appearances. Not sure I want to see him wrestle.

I can only assume TK hasn't seen him without the facepaint otherwise he would have been main eventing AEW by now :)

Reveal hidden contents

Screen_u_20Shot_u_202020-01-20_u_20at_u_

This is a tangent, but the pictures he's standing in front of in that photo are by an artist called Danny Haas (Danny Haas ... Danhausen? Coincidence?) and they're fantastic. There's a whole series of half-and-half portraits, mostly of comicbook characters (Thor/Loki, Gwen Stacy/Spider-Gwen, Matt Murdock/Daredevil etc) but some others as well (Walter White/Heisenberg is one I think). We saw them in a shop in Grand Central Station when we went to New York on holiday a few years ago and bought one, and I've recently been thinking I'd like to collect a few more. But I can't find the full range of them anywhere online. I guess what I'm asking is, can Danhausen help me find them?!