WWE Clash Adjecent To The Castle. Drew McIntyre (almost) comes home

Jazzy G

That singing crap at the end was shown on the broadcast?

I thought it was just some silly bollocks for the crowd.   I was waiting for Theory to come back in and take some shots to “send the crowd home happy”

Great show live, apart from the singing.  Morgan v Baszler was a low point but it wasn’t awful.

23 minutes ago, Louch said:

The karaoke is part of the main and how the show closed. So that’s all part of the “im happy I lost so let’s sing” part of Making him look bad. Main eventers want to win, happy mid carders want the fun moments on camera. I thought it was gonna lead to Fury hitting drew to set up Saudi as that Would have at least been something. Na we get Fury singing then drew changing song as no one wanted to do sweet caroline. Keep that shite for when the camera is off to send the live crowd home happy. Instead Drew’s a goof 

To be fair, it seemed like Drew thought the camera was off, asking if they were still on air and whatnot.

I had a blast watching that show. I was slightly worried after watching the opening match that I was in for a long night, but my fears were quickly put to rest with that brutal match between Gunther and Sheamus. 

Liv/Shayna was decent, although I was hoping for a different result. Liv’s offence looks weak, and I’m a little baffled as to why she’s as over as she appears to be.

The tag match was good fun, and the pop Edge got was just incredible. I haven’t seen enough of Dominic to have an opinion on him, but I think they did the ‘father-turns-on-son’ angle far better than AEW did with the Gunn Club, actually having Rey Mysterious look devastated, the announcers emphasise the emotion of it for him, and having Edge comfort Rey. If you’re going to do something like that, that’s a better way of doing it than AEW’s rushed attempt.

Rollins/Riddle was excellent, although I do agree that having Matt Riddle come down to the ring on his scooter after that storyline was a bit of a miss. 

The main event was an overbooked masterpiece. I absolutely loved it, bells and whistles and all. As soon as McIntyre’s original music hit, I got goosebumps and realised I wanted him to win. They had me convinced that he would at times too. Reigns hitting the Rock Bottom has me thinking they surely do have Rock/Reigns planned for Wrestlemania next year. If that’s the case, they probably should keep the title on Reigns, and I hope that Rock isn’t the person to pin him either way. I’m honestly not sure who I would have beat Roman at this stage. Cody/Roman would be great fun, but I don’t think there’s a huge amount of value in having Cody be the person to end this amazing run that Roman is having. Austin Theory doesn’t strike me as a good option either. 

This show left me with a feeling of dread.

I'm a lapsed fan and an occasional toe dipper into the product. Being this was a 6pm start and not having BT Sport for the Milan derby I thought fuck it why not. I also had my nine year old watching while having tea and he stayed and watched the whole thing and loved it. He hated Sheamus / Gunther as it was just punch punch in his words. I actually throughly enjoyed that match and couldn't believe the weight loss on Gunther. His favourite was Rollins / Riddle which also was mine. I think the pace of that was tremendous and he loved the main event whereas I thought the main event was a good example of why I stopped watching. It felt plodding until the final stretch and even that felt a little of overuse on the finishers. The words I dreaded though were can we watch more... there's nothing really there of substance to bring me back to watching and not sure there ever could be anymore.

Edited by stevieg1980

6 minutes ago, stevieg1980 said:

This show left me with a feeling of dread.

I'm a lapsed fan and an occasional toe dipper into the product. Being this was a 6pm start and not having BT Sport for the Milan derby I thought fuck it why not. I also had my nine year old watching while having tea and he stayed and watched the whole thing and loved it. He hated Sheamus / Gunther as it was just punch punch in his words. I actually throughly enjoyed that match and couldn't believe the weight loss on Gunther. His favourite was Rollins / Riddle which also was mine. I think the pace of that was tremendous and he loved the main event whereas I thought the main event was a good example of why I stopped watching. It felt plodding until the final stretch and even that felt a little of overuse on the finishers. The words I dreaded though were can we watch more... there's nothing really there of substance to bring me back to watching and not sure there ever could be anymore.

You should stick with it. Watching with kids is GREAT. They properly enjoy it and are the only true anecdote to being an internet fan, which really does ruin wrestling.

I thought it was a great show, even if it did mean me having to resub to the Network to watch as my stream kept dying on its arse during the opening match 

Vinci being called up to reunite Imperium was a nice surprise and the match itself was how I wanted it to go, Sheamus and Gunther beating the piss out of each other

Liv/Baszler was the only real weak spot but shout out for the Sherri Wembley ring gear tribute Liv had on

The crowd giving Bayley the Takeover London treatment and her response was another highlight

Not sure where the go with the Dom turn from here, maybe call out Rey for exploiting him for the biz since he was a kid?

Main Event was great, was dreading Kross having a say but he seemed to just disappear after the earlier water bottle nonsense. Sikoa getting the call up to help the Big Use win was unexpected but him in the Bloodline could work, especially with the stuff with Sami and KO

If H is serious about making the UK a regular date in the PLE calendar then I’m all for it even if they gamble on the weather to do it in stadiums

Stardom faction history being mentioned on a WWE broadcast? Kevin Dunn probably had a stroke in the production truck when that happened

Nice to see Adrian Street make an appearance. His face run when watching Continental Wrestling archives kept me borderline sane during lockdown 3.0

Liv Morgan with the blue Women's belt feels like CM Punks first title World Title reign in WWE. Made some of the fan base happy but we all know deep down they are nowhere the biggest star in the company

This Dominick heel turn needs to end up with him being Rheas sub. 

The fact that I'm happy Seth "trys to freakin hard" Rollins beat Matt Riddle tells you how much I despise that rapey twat. 

Loved the Broken Dreams bit. Actual main event would probably be better if I watch it again at 1.25 speed. 

Am I the only person who thinks Kevin Dunn left the tapes running after the main event as revenge for the Mio Shirai mention. 

People who think Tyson Fury is charismatic have never watched wrestling for more than an hour. The World's most boring priest from Father Ted has more charisma than that dullard. 

There’s an awkwardness to Tyson that constantly amazes me. Specifically, it amazes me people can’t seem to see it.

He’s playing at being charismatic.

Someone with character or personality would have had more in their locker when Drew asked them to sing a song they weren’t confident in. Instead he shit himself, backed up and tried to get out the ring.

1 hour ago, garynysmon said:

Clearly I'm not clued up with current WWE, but why the fuck has Walter/Gunther slimmed down/toned himself just to look like every other fucker on the roster?

Think it was said that he took it upon himself because Vince’s preferences are well known.

He was clearly onto something because of how relatively quickly Vince called him up when he dropped the weight.

3 minutes ago, Slapnut said:

The racist cunt Fury having any involvement whatsoever has completely soured me on the event. Perhaps I’m being dramatic, but any goodwill I had while watching it completely flew out the window when he started singing.

Gunther and Sheamus are class.

Take the point but he’s a superstar that everyone from ITV to BBC to nameyournobhead wants to get into bed with. I can’t blame WWE for wanting to get involved.

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

There’s an awkwardness to Tyson that constantly amazes me. Specifically, it amazes me people can’t seem to see it.

He’s playing at being charismatic.

Someone with character or personality would have had more in their locker when Drew asked them to sing a song they weren’t confident in. Instead he shit himself, backed up and tried to get out the ring.

I chatted with my mate about this as we were leaving the show. I listen to plenty of Boxing related content from America, and I always get the gist from them that they think Tyson is this cool as a cucumber, charismatic, born entertainer type. It must be a cultural disconnect but Americans lap up the singing and the antics, i'm just sat there watching it through fingers.

Edited by Egg Shen

18 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Take the point but he’s a superstar that everyone from ITV to BBC to nameyournobhead wants to get into bed with. I can’t blame WWE for wanting to get involved.

That doesn’t change my opinion on him being a cunt and not somebody I’d like on my telly, unfortunately. I’m not a shareholder so it affects me in the grand sum of fuck all.

Edited by Slapnut

I really enjoyed it.

Absolutely enhanced by a hot local crowd but it was still a decent event overall. And nope I'm not pretending to like it.

Sheamus/Gunther and Rollins/Riddle would've been great matches on any PPV.

Everything else was watchable.

And then the main. Thought they did a good job of making it seem like Drew could win and that was the main aim really. We had to buy into him potentially winning and I definitely did.

I'm fine with him not winning though. Would've been a nice short term moment but he doesn't need to be THE guy right now. I'd still lean towards Cody on a return probably.

And it was an interesting way to have him lose. I think even if you didn't know who that was, the family resemblance was pretty obvious.

No idea what the fuck all that at the end was with Tyson so I'm just gonna ignore that.

Anyway.. Good event that a lot of people will have enjoyed despite some people still thinking WWE is dogshit. And that's fine. Luckily we're living in a world where there's a fuckton of options for wrestling.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

All this talk of karaoke and no sign of KFogg.. just not right...

Who do you think booked it?

Considering TV has actually not been completely dog shit since Summerslam, I actually had expectations this was going to be good.

Booking a UK PPV as a nod to Summerslam 92, and not letting a local hero win in their title matches is hilarious. The crowd at the end of the main event (pre sing song which was absolutely tragic) were deflated beyond belief. The fact people are raving about the quality of the main event is amazing to me. Overlong, overbooked (comedy spot from Theory aside, that was fun) and a reveal no one one cared about. That main made Drew look poor. This was no Summerslam 92, this was more like an Insurection or Rebellion. A PPV which had no impact on the regular product.

They blew it lads.

Never mind the walking cancellation that is Fury.

How on earth did they not have Bret bring out the IC title before Sheamus vs Gunther. The square up in the middle between those two should have had Bret and the title in the background and not the ref.

Edited by Ranmoor