WWE Clash Adjecent To The Castle. Drew McIntyre (almost) comes home

Jazzy G

Just now, LEGIT said:

I enjoyed it overall, but that was the worst ending to a PPV I can remember 

Depends what we’re talking.

Had the TV broadcast cut at Roman leaving with baby USO it’d have been perfect.

It was the shite at the end with Fury being a plonker and Drew being a happy loser that was bad.

• Paid Members

The first PPV I have watched live or in its entirety in a long long time, and I must admit, I enjoyed myself.

It is still with its faults (the CGI heads, birds, fish, whatever the fuck else), but that was a fun show.

I did have to chuckle that after 3 hours, someone decided to start trying to get an AE-Dub chant going which didn't take off. Imagine spending all of that money to wait till the end of the show and protest chant. 

Tyson Fury singing can fuck right off, though. 

They didn't just show a shirt that said "Better Dad than Chris Benoit" 🤦

Turned in purely for the Drew/Roman match and it didn't disappoint, a failed cash in, Solo making the main roster debut, near falls everywhere. A little part of me hoped the title would finally change as the pop would have been amazing, but a title change this significant has to happen at a Wrestlemania surly?

1 minute ago, TheDude said:

That was utter shite,

Fine, like what you like, but if that is ‘utter shite’ what must you make of the rest of the WWE output?

With the matches on the card, I genuinely don’t think that show could have been much better. 

1 minute ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Fine, like what you like, but if that is ‘utter shite’ what must you make of the rest of the WWE output?

With the matches on the card, I genuinely don’t think that show could have been much better. 

The main event, I should clarify. No idea why Drew had to look like such a loser, not angry, nah, just sing Don't look back in anger. 

Just now, poetofthedeed said:

The main was a very very good WWE main event.

Sheamus vs Gunther was a fucking spectacular piece of business though.

The ending of Sheamus/Gunther when they’re both just shouting at each other before the finish was great. 

I question whether it’s proper wrestling - as they did just beat the living shit out of each other - but I agree completely.

Main and Gunther matches were top, top matches for me. Rollins/Riddle was very good, the judgment day/edge Rey match was fun and everything else wasn’t below par.

Dominik’s career probably isn’t safe away from his dad, but still a fun turn.

Just now, Louch said:

How bad was wwe before that people are acting like this was good? 

Yeah, the show was fine, not great. That ending though. Good lord. It was like a fever dream. Tyson Fury knocks out Theory, shakes Roman's hand like a complete heel, then starts a sing along with Drew and then........that's it? Awful.

• Paid Members

Don't get me wrong, the production etc is still miles off from being perfect and the quick wins are low hanging fruit, but I enjoyed myself and that's all I want from an entertainment show.

If World's Collide is a good show and All Out knocks it out of the park, this could be a cracking weekend for the old grapplin'.

Bringing Aichner back to a surprise pop, but logically keeping his name as Giovanni Vinci was a good nod. I'm surprised at how much I enjoyed Gunther Vs Sheamus as it's not usually my cup of tea, but fair fucks to both chaps.

I'm still shocked at how over Edge was. Dominik is wank, though. They could have had the turn before the finish, instead of having Judgment Day lose, then sitting in the corner pissing themselves laughing at the turn.

Theory took that punch from Fury like a champ.

2 minutes ago, Louch said:

How bad was wwe before that people are acting like this was good? 

How miserable are you that you can’t let people enjoy things?

Go away with that shit. Discuss why you didn’t like it - which is perfectly fine - or just leave it alone.

Joy sponge.

To clarify, not acting. I really enjoyed the show. It was very good and the matches all delivered.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz