WWE Clash Adjecent To The Castle. Drew McIntyre (almost) comes home

Jazzy G

Last thing I'll say on the ending, people always say when the get it right it's great but when they get it wrong it's sooo bad

Like how could they think Tyson Fury coming into the ring and having a sing song with loser Drew would tie things up nicely for the night. Even have Fury push that cheating bastard Reigns on his arse and grab the mic and say "make some noise for your real Champion Drew McIntyre." In the end the two of them were just dying on their arse out there.

Edited by LEGIT

2 minutes ago, Louch said:

I do have an opinion, it was ponderous boring rubbish from where I switched on at the edge/ Rey tag match and didn’t get any better from that point on. Dominik looks like shit and his turn looked stupid as his dad then begged edge not to batter him for it 

you then had Riddlle who was apparently desperate to kick ass roll down on a scooter. Nothing says I wanna fight like a scooter! 

then the main they made Drew look terrible and then after it rather than be angry he’s doing karaoke. It was summer slam 93 level of making a good guy look like a twat. 

not a sad little troll, just thought that was a dugmeat show and asked how bad it was before that people thought it was good, as more often than not I find a lot on here share my views on what’s good and what’s not. And to me that wasn’t anything like a good show 

I don’t agree, and think using the scooter to do down this show is harsh as it’s his weekly gimmick, but great. I like when people can discuss wrestling.

But I don’t think anyone here is acting like it’s good, wrestlings a broad church and people like different things.

I like the WWE style predominantly, when it’s done well. ‘Big meaty men slapping meat’ so the IC and World Title matches were right up my alley.

3 minutes ago, Louch said:

then the main they made Drew look terrible

Can you explain why you think this, as the man has just headlined a show in front of 60,000 odd and come within a millisecond of beating someone who has been champion for over two years.

And I'm not talking about the karaoke, we can all agree that was dreadful, but how did he look terrible in your opinion. 

1 minute ago, LEGIT said:

Last thing I'll say on the ending, people always say when the get it right it's great but when they get it wrong it's sooo bad

Like how could they think Tyson Fury coming into the ring and having a sing song with loser Drew would tie things up nicely for the night. Even have Fury push that cheating bastard Reigns on his arse and grab the mic and say "make some noise for your real Champion Drew McIntyre." The two of them were just dying on their arse out there.

It felt like something the cameras should have cut for. The BT audience didn’t need to be sent home happy.

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, poetofthedeed said:

Even if the commentary hadn't explained it, if you couldn't put 2 and 2 together when the hood came off and someone the spit of the Usos was standing there, maybe wrestling is too smart for you.

The unmasking a masked person only works if we know who it is. “Looks a lot like a few of the other lads” doesn’t count. May as well have not worn the mask, we didn’t know who he is either way.  Wrestling isn’t too smart for anyone, Christ.

1 minute ago, SuperBacon said:

Can you explain why you think this, as the man has just headlined a show in front of 60,000 odd and come within a millisecond of beating someone who has been champion for over two years.

And I'm not talking about the karaoke, we can all agree that was dreadful, but how did he look terrible in your opinion. 

Well, he's most probably talking about the karaoke, ain't he?

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, LEGIT said:

Like how could they think Tyson Fury coming into the ring and having a sing song with loser Drew would tie things up nicely for the night. Even have Fury push that cheating bastard Reigns on his arse and grab the mic and say "make some noise for your real Champion Drew McIntyre." In the end the two of them were just dying on their arse out there.

I sat through that God awful karaoke in the hopes that Fury would at least put Drew on his arse. It wouldn't make much sense, but at least there would have been a point to it, but instead we got the two of them trying to talk each other into more songs, like two pissed middle aged fella's walking home, kebab in hand.

1 minute ago, Nick James said:

I sat through that God awful karaoke in the hopes that Fury would at least put Drew on his arse. It wouldn't make much sense, but at least there would have been a point to it, but instead we got the two of them trying to talk each other into more songs, like two pissed middle aged fella's walking home, kebab in hand.

Drew should have put the bellend on his back, more like. "Oh you shook the guy who beat me's hand and now you wanna have a sing song?" CLAYMORE.

1 minute ago, SuperBacon said:

The karaoke is part of the main and how the show closed. So that’s all part of the “im happy I lost so let’s sing” part of Making him look bad. Main eventers want to win, happy mid carders want the fun moments on camera. I thought it was gonna lead to Fury hitting drew to set up Saudi as that Would have at least been something. Na we get Fury singing then drew changing song as no one wanted to do sweet caroline. Keep that shite for when the camera is off to send the live crowd home happy. Instead Drew’s a goof 

8 minutes ago, air_raid said:

The unmasking a masked person only works if we know who it is. “Looks a lot like a few of the other lads” doesn’t count. May as well have not worn the mask, we didn’t know who he is either way.  Wrestling isn’t too smart for anyone, Christ.

I mean, some people knew who he was.

I guess that’s the interesting part of Triple H’s reign moving forward; Vince’s problem was always he thought of himself as big picture, looked beyond wrestling and thought it was beneath him. Maybe Triple H can be a little myopic, and assume people follow NXT etc

That said, I think the way it was shot suggests they wanted people to think it was Karrion Kross only for them to unveil another Uso. They have to debut somewhere, and it’s not like he’s now going on a main event run of his own.

For me, I thought it was banging. 

I really look forward to Sami struggling with being bumped down the pecking order of the Bloodline.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

They needed an Uso that can leave the country, there was only one left, still should have been Sami to make up for not waffling KO on Raw.

I think it's a completely valid criticism and something AEW is constantly battered with, that the viewer is expected to know who the person is. It's probably the first time I've been in a position of knowing who it was so my view is always going to be skewed. 

Edited by Nick James

12 minutes ago, Louch said:

The karaoke is part of the main and how the show closed. So that’s all part of the “im happy I lost so let’s sing” part of Making him look bad. Main eventers want to win, happy mid carders want the fun moments on camera. I thought it was gonna lead to Fury hitting drew to set up Saudi as that Would have at least been something. Na we get Fury singing then drew changing song as no one wanted to do sweet caroline. Keep that shite for when the camera is off to send the live crowd home happy. Instead Drew’s a goof 

I see, it's just that you originally said the below and separated the main and the aftermath, so thought you were talking about him looking terrible during the match, which I found strange as like I said, I thought he looked incredible during the actual bout.

22 minutes ago, Louch said:

then the main they made Drew look terrible and then after it rather than be angry he’s doing karaoke. 

36 minutes ago, Nick James said:

I'm still shocked at how over Edge was.

I think in part (at least for me) is that Edge is someone who I thought I'd never get to see live. I never saw WWE live in his original run, then he retired and now he's back there's no way he's doing UK house shows so he was probably the only person on tonight's card that felt a bit special. We didn't get Brock or Ronda, let's cheer for Edge. Plus, never underestimate nostalgia.

I thought the ending was great but then again I left to beat the crowds after the three count and didn't even know the karaoke had taken place until I got back to the hotel. Sounds like it should have gone on after the broadcast was cut though (if at all).

Overall a great show, looking forward to watching it back to see how the crowd sounded on TV, the atmosphere was incredible pretty well throughout (apart from the Liv/Shayna match that was fairly silent).

All in all, a great day (only marred by the shambles that was Wrestlefest but the less said about that the better).