Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, I Bent My Wookie said:

That sounds an excellent line up, jealous as hell. Have the best time Jazz. 

They're on tour. I'm not sure how close to you they're going to be. It's the "Bring The Joys" tour. 

https://www.eventim.co.uk/artist/bring-the-joys/

Edited by Jazzy G
Posted
16 hours ago, Merzbow said:

Can't wait to see the reunion of Bong, one of the best doom metal bands I've seen live.

I didn't realise Bong II was a continuation of the old Bong, saw them loads of times back in the day. I'll have to see if I can catch them locally.

  • Paid Members
Posted
On 4/19/2026 at 7:39 PM, d-d-d-dAz said:

There was a massive online stink recently with fans accusing Jack White of ripping them off, because his shows are 'only' 90 minutes.

I saw President last night and they were on for 50 minutes. I didn’t pay for my ticket and I knew what to expect so I wasn’t disappointed. Given the tube strike, it meant I was still home at a reasonable time too.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Travelling to that London later this month to see the Super Furries in Brixton. Watching them a week earlier in Llandudno too.

First time in my life I'm watching more than one date of any band's tour.

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
Posted

Was just talking about how I like their approach here. Being clear about why they do this, the expenses they choose to incur, and some of the ways they could generate more income but choose not to.

Can't stand how it seems to turn a bunch of randoms into LC shareholders, talking about how they're failing to maximise revenue or ways they should make the show worse for their fans to bring in more money (Raise ticket prices! Don't bring your own FOH!)

  • Moderators
Posted
54 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Can't stand how it seems to turn a bunch of randoms into LC shareholders, talking about how they're failing to maximise revenue or ways they should make the show worse for their fans to bring in more money (Raise ticket prices! Don't bring your own FOH!)

Didn't see any of that in the comments thankfully! I guess commentary on the wider social sites is more of a mixed bag I'm sure. 

Interesting article though. Cheers for sharing, bacon. 

Posted
3 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Los Campesinos have broken down just how much it costs them to tour the states.

https://loscampesinos.substack.com/p/los-camp-present-their-tour-accounts

A really eye opening read.

That was a really interesting read.

Most of the contemporary artists/bands that I like are smaller country acts and I always bemoan the fact that they rarely (if ever) tour the UK/Europe. Looking at this, I'm guessing doing so could financially cripple them as they're not likely to shift the same amount of tickets and merch that a band like Los Campesinos do. 

Just another reminder to always buy the t-shirt/vinyl/whatever you can when you see someone, if you can afford it.

  • Members
Posted
3 minutes ago, SaitoRyo said:

Most of the contemporary artists/bands that I like are smaller country acts and I always bemoan the fact that they rarely (if ever) tour the UK/Europe.

One of my favourite bands is a small punk band called Iron Chic. Last 3 times I've seen them has been in pubs and then at The Dome in Tufnel Park, last time in 2018. Messaged them not long ago and asked if they were planning on coming over and they said they just can't. It's nearly impossible for them to, which is so sad.

Posted
4 hours ago, SaitoRyo said:

That was a really interesting read.

Most of the contemporary artists/bands that I like are smaller country acts and I always bemoan the fact that they rarely (if ever) tour the UK/Europe. Looking at this, I'm guessing doing so could financially cripple them as they're not likely to shift the same amount of tickets and merch that a band like Los Campesinos do. 

Just another reminder to always buy the t-shirt/vinyl/whatever you can when you see someone, if you can afford it.

Agree with this.

I'm maybe more flexible with big acts, but if I see a small or mid level act I try and pick something up.

I've got so many t-shirts i'll never wear.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Julia Wolf, who's doing a big US/Europe tour later this year, was talking about touring finances recently. She cancelled her previous tour to open for MGK, and now venues she was struggling to sell out on that cancelled tour she's having to add an extra night to, or shift to a bigger venue, and it's totally transformed how she can approach the tour knowing it'll be around break even before merch.

Posted

I was chatting to the guitarist from Jamiroquai about this a few weeks back actually. He said that the US put the price up of performers visas by 250% a couple of years ago. Last year he was asked at short notice if he could fill in at a guitar clinic in America somewhere as someone had to pull out. He would have had to have had his visa application fast tracked to get it in time and that would have cost him an extra $2900 on top of the ~$2000 application fee. He turned the job down as the fee he would have got wouldn't have been worth it in the end, even with flights and hotel paid for.

Also, if your application gets rejected for whatever reason, you don't get any of that money back.

Posted

The multiple nights in London thing is annoying, Ethel Cain did it last year instead of touring around the country. Went to see her like, best gig of the year but still..

Then later announced a proper tour *after* that one finished, weirdly the Brum date costs more.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Doesn't help that the O2 is an abysmal venue as well. Eight nights with crap acoustics and an upper deck steeper than Mont Blanc. Good luck anyway, Bacon.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...