Paid Members Egg Shen Posted July 12 Paid Members Posted July 12 Despite a few years looking like they couldn't be fucked, System of A Down are apparently looking reinvigorated at the moment, could be a cracker. Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted July 12 Posted July 12 6 hours ago, Monkee said: I’m seeing SOAD on Monday too. Had a run of concerts recently and I’m knackered - gave myself a 2-day migraine. Blew off House of Protection earlier to make sure I’m OK for Monday as I don’t want to miss this one. I completely underestimated how tiring standing near a sound booth, bobbing your head and going to bed 2 hours later could be. I've done quite a few gigs this year and i'm beat. I've had to ditch a few tickets for upcoming gigs and replace them with seated tickets. Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted July 14 Paid Members Posted July 14 Well, that System of A Down show looked fucking awesome, and i'm very sad that I never even contemplated going. Quote
deathrey Posted July 14 Posted July 14 3 minutes ago, Egg Shen said: Well, that System of A Down show looked fucking awesome, and i'm very sad that I never even contemplated going. Same, I couldn't have gone due to work/kids but I know people who went and they have been posting clips. It looked amazing Quote
DavidB6937 Posted July 14 Posted July 14 I would've loved to go but as with many things these days looked at the ticket prices and had to nope it. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted July 14 Members Posted July 14 31 minutes ago, Egg Shen said: Well, that System of A Down show looked fucking awesome, and i'm very sad that I never even contemplated going. 27 minutes ago, deathrey said: Same, I couldn't have gone due to work/kids but I know people who went and they have been posting clips. It looked amazing I'll be honest, I'm a tiny bit biased, but they've absolutely nailed it with that stadium. There genuinely isn't a bad view in the whole ground (apart from the seats that face the pitch when Spurs play waheeeeeeeey) and even in the 'nosebleeds' as the stands are steep but right on top of the pitch, you still feel close. It's superb and whoever is in charge of the bookings has nailed the acts the last few years. In the last month they've had Gorillaz, Bad Bunny, BTS and System. What a mix. Quote
Paid Members Monkee Posted July 14 Paid Members Posted July 14 It was one of the best concerts I’ve been to in a while. It was just so joyous - and I never thought I’d use that word to describe a gig. The band were obviously having fun and everyone seemed to be dancing and loving it. Serj and Daron’s melodies were just heaven and Shavo brings the energy - I’m busting to get one of his themed picks, hoping my friend can bag me one. It’s been 24 years since I saw them last in Sydney but I don’t remember them being this good. They’ve definitely got better with age and I’d jump at the chance to see them again tomorrow if I could. Quote
Paid Members Accident Prone Posted July 30 Paid Members Posted July 30 I bit the bullet last week and bought a three-day ticket for ATG, not knowing how I was going to do it or how I'd make it to Deftones the next day still. It's fallen into place nicely though; I'm not going to camp, instead I got an Air Bnb (someone's converted shed in their garden) and I'm going to drive to and from the fest each day. On the Saturday night I'll make a quick exit at the end (I'll have to sacrifice Battlesnake, which is a bitter pill) and then grab some sleep in time for the drive to Slough or Heathrow the next morning to throw the car in overnight parking and then get a tube into Vic Park. Hotel is booked in Stratford so I can chuck my bag in there before heading down, then the next day I travel back, collect the car and drive back home. Unfortunately I will be missing the UKFF's very own Swamp Coffin at ATG as they play on the Wednesday, so there'll be one less person doing the CHEESE ON dance in the pit. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted July 30 Members Posted July 30 34 minutes ago, Accident Prone said: I'm not going to camp, instead I got an Air Bnb (someone's converted shed in their garden) and I'm going to drive to and from the fest each day I did this once for Reading as my Dad lives about 10 minutes away from the festival and I can't describe how smug you feel in clean clothes, having had a proper shit and a shower and walking through the camp site each day. It must be how the upper class looks down on us scum. 35 minutes ago, Accident Prone said: drive to Slough or Heathrow the next morning to throw the car in overnight parking and then get a tube into Vic Park. Its Mile End isn't it? You can also drive down the A316 to Richmond and get the tube from there FYI. LOOK AFTER YOUR PHONE! Quote
Paid Members Accident Prone Posted July 31 Paid Members Posted July 31 Cheers @SuperBacon! I'll definitely look into Richmond as a potential route, anything to avoid driving into London. I'm almost convinced to leave my phone at the digs or hidden in the car. I was fine at Trees but only because I kept it in a bum bag that I was constantly conscious off. Quote
Paid Members I Bent My Wookie Posted July 31 Paid Members Posted July 31 1 minute ago, Accident Prone said: Cheers @SuperBacon! I'll definitely look into Richmond as a potential route, anything to avoid driving into London. I'm almost convinced to leave my phone at the digs or hidden in the car. I was fine at Trees but only because I kept it in a bum bag that I was constantly conscious off. Also Trees is genuinely lovely and rarely has theft issues, same with ATG, the crowd is very similar and a very look after each other vibe. I would definitely Bum Bag it though if you are bringing it. Quote
Merzbow Posted July 31 Posted July 31 It's come full circle, I'm now doing a "tribute" act to Merzbow in Bristol... I didn't even ask nor do the bookers know about this account. Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted August 5 Posted August 5 Weezer have announced a UK tour for next May and they’re bringing Taking Back Sunday with them. May 14th - Newcastle, Utilita Arena May 15th - Manchester, Co-Op Live May 17th - Leeds, First Direct Arena May 19th - Glasgow, OVO Hydro May 21st - Birmingham, Utilita Arena May 22nd - London, Alexandra Palace May 23rd - Cardiff, Utilita Arena Quote
wordsfromlee Posted August 5 Posted August 5 10 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said: Weezer have announced a UK tour for next May and they’re bringing Taking Back Sunday with them. May 14th - Newcastle, Utilita Arena May 15th - Manchester, Co-Op Live May 17th - Leeds, First Direct Arena May 19th - Glasgow, OVO Hydro May 21st - Birmingham, Utilita Arena May 22nd - London, Alexandra Palace May 23rd - Cardiff, Utilita Arena I'm kind of surprised they're able to headline arenas. The last headline UK tour they did they were playing Academy venues, and have been for a long time. Has there been a recent popularity spike with the youth via TikTok like with Deftones or something? Quote
Paid Members I Bent My Wookie Posted August 5 Paid Members Posted August 5 1 hour ago, wordsfromlee said: I'm kind of surprised they're able to headline arenas. The last headline UK tour they did they were playing Academy venues, and have been for a long time. Has there been a recent popularity spike with the youth via TikTok like with Deftones or something? To a degree yeah, they've had a bigger Streaming outlet these last few years and it has been a lot of new people being introduced to them through Tiktok and reels. It's the kinda tour where parents who would have just got the kids to stay home that night while they enjoy their youth again can now bring the kids who'll enjoy the few songs they do know all the same. Doing Glastonbury and Download has helped with a bit of a resurgence too. Think I'd seen they'd even had some recent chart entries in the US with older songs because of all of it combined too. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.