Paid Members BomberPat Posted December 4, 2025 Paid Members Posted December 4, 2025 2 hours ago, Merzbow said: Merzbow blocked Merzbow on both Twitter and Instagram for calling him out on being an AI paedo. Literally making videos of underage looking goth girls for his noise. Ah fuck, I didn't know that, I've been out of the noise loop. Shame. Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted December 8, 2025 Author Paid Members Posted December 8, 2025 (edited) Not strictly speaking a gig, but my company promoted another dance battle, this time organised with Boy Blue (massive street dance company with a residency at the Barbican). One-on-one this time instead of duos, and hip-hop/popping instead of all styles, because the theme this time around was Timbaland x Pharrell. Don't mind saying it was the best one we've done yet - ton of people, great atmosphere, incredibly high standard of dance on display. Here's the eventual winner, Omni, in the final: https://www.instagram.com/p/DR-v7QpjG3I/?hl=en EDIT: And here's one of the other finalist in a previous round, Kidd Turf: https://www.instagram.com/reel/DSAE9BdDbaa/?hl=en Edited December 8, 2025 by Carbomb Brian McClair Quote
poetofthedeed Posted December 8, 2025 Posted December 8, 2025 I acquired a free ticket to see CMAT play a hometown show in the Point depot/O2/3Arena last Friday night, I knew of CMAT loosely and had given her latest album a spin, deciding that it was really good but maybe not for me, but I'd heard good things about her live show so decided it was worth venturing out in the pissing rain with work the next morning. HOLY FUCK........ that girl is an absolute star, started the show in the balcony with a ballad before legging it down the stairs and kicking into nearly 2 hours of one of the greatest pop shows I've ever seen, Her voice, the band, the crowd work, just all of it blew my fucking mind, I was a solo 40 year old man and i was absolutely losing my shit. as a recent convert to ear plugs i sometimes hate not being able to hear the crowd, but i definitely made the right decision based on the 5 seconds they weren't in my ears. All hail the queen of Ireland, who ran off stage and immediately got a police escort to do a live TV appearance. not quite my gig of the year but a massively happy turn of events. Quote
The Gaffer Posted December 8, 2025 Posted December 8, 2025 2 hours ago, poetofthedeed said: I acquired a free ticket to see CMAT play a hometown show in the Point depot/O2/3Arena last Friday night, I knew of CMAT loosely and had given her latest album a spin, deciding that it was really good but maybe not for me, but I'd heard good things about her live show so decided it was worth venturing out in the pissing rain with work the next morning. HOLY FUCK........ that girl is an absolute star, started the show in the balcony with a ballad before legging it down the stairs and kicking into nearly 2 hours of one of the greatest pop shows I've ever seen, Her voice, the band, the crowd work, just all of it blew my fucking mind, I was a solo 40 year old man and i was absolutely losing my shit. as a recent convert to ear plugs i sometimes hate not being able to hear the crowd, but i definitely made the right decision based on the 5 seconds they weren't in my ears. All hail the queen of Ireland, who ran off stage and immediately got a police escort to do a live TV appearance. not quite my gig of the year but a massively happy turn of events. CMAT is awesome, and that TV appearance in question was surprising a bunch of kids and making their year on the Late Late Toy Show: Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted January 13 Members Posted January 13 Thought this might be of interest, BTS have announced a world tour, includes the UK. https://www.nme.com/news/music/bts-tour-2026-2027-cities-where-tickets-3922904 The London dates are at Spurs so happy to help with tickets if I can through membership Can't wait for 60,000 confused K-Pop fans to experience the walk from Seven Sisters and Chick King! Quote
Awards Moderator Frankie Crisp Posted January 25 Awards Moderator Posted January 25 Got tickets to see Tom Morello in Brixton in June. Bucket list stuff. Then The Cure in Athens in July. Going to both with @Philo_Vance, to put the top hat on it! Quote
SaitoRyo Posted January 25 Posted January 25 Don't get to go to too many gigs these days, living where I live and all, but my folks got me and my brother a ticket to day two of the Metronome Festival in Prague this June. Excited to see Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds again, while The Manic Street Preachers and Slowdive should be canny, too. Then in September I'm off to see The Waterboys & Steve Earle at their Fisherman's Blues Revue show in Amsterdam, which should be class. Quote
Harry Wiseau Posted January 27 Posted January 27 Sparks have announced a few dates in the week leading to them supporting Gorillaz at spurs, closest to me is Bristol in a rather nice looking venue, Mrs Wiseau says she's seen Sparks "enough times" so I'll be taking the eldest, what a treat! Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted January 27 Paid Members Posted January 27 Bristol Beacon is a lovely venue, get on it! Quote
Paid Members Gus Mears Posted January 27 Paid Members Posted January 27 Was rushing in here to post this. Think I'm going to Bristol and Bournemouth. Quote
Paid Members Gus Mears Posted January 31 Paid Members Posted January 31 Bought tickets and even got my girlfriend to come with me. "This isn't too shit," her ringing endorsement this morning. Quote
Tamura Posted February 20 Posted February 20 (edited) Saw Vicious Irene and Extinction of Mankind and lots of other bands at Frost Punx Picnic in Mülheim an der Ruhr, Germany last weekend. Managed to catch COVID again over the course of the weekend though which meant me sadly missing Man/Woman/Chainsaw in Hebden Bridge on Wednesday. Edited February 20 by Tamura Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted February 21 Members Posted February 21 Took my eldest to see Deftones tonight. We had a blast, she absolutely loved it, they sounded great, Chino sounded but great, but as always the O2 sound system shit the bed, and sounded awful. It remains the worst venue in the world. Quote
Merzbow Posted February 21 Posted February 21 Sunn O))) are playing an o2 this year and I'm tempted to skip it just because you only there will be sound issues with a band that's so defined on their wall of noise. Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted February 21 Posted February 21 (edited) I had money set aside which i'd saved in case Springsteen announced a US tour, and yet... when it came round... i didn't particularly want to go to the States. So, i've had a little splurge on a years worth of tickets for stuff i've fancied but didn't want to spend the cash before now; Less Than Jake (w/ Bouncing Souls) Thrice Desertfest (REALLY looking forward to this; Hermano, Clutch, Pigs, Green Lung, The Sword and Earthless should all be excellent) Foo Fighters (sod off, they're good) Jimmy Eat World (w/ Rise Against) Deftones Dead South Amon Amarth I didn't expect to have such a lot in the calendar (and i've still got a tiny bit left in the savings pot, so may get a ticket for Coheed supporting Shinedown), but i'm quite excited now. I love Bruce, but its a pretty good trade. Edited February 21 by d-d-d-dAz Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.