Merzbow Posted September 10, 2025 Posted September 10, 2025 Josh Homme is a humongous cunt, too. Hopefully Acid Bath do some headline gigs in smaller venues too. Quote
Ironic Indie Lad Posted September 10, 2025 Posted September 10, 2025 QOTSA are a baffling band to me. I have literally not once in my life met someone who has said "I'll tell you a band I really love...Queens of the Stone Age!" And yet clearly they are massive. Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted September 10, 2025 Posted September 10, 2025 The best memory I have of QOTSA is my brother managing to get tickets to some kind of special gig they were playing at a tiny venue in Leeds (I want to say it was at The Cockpit, but I can’t say for sure). He was so stoked that he managed to get these tickets, as there were so few for such a small venue compared to what they’d normally play, and he put them somewhere for safe keeping. Some place a little too safe as it turned out, as come the night of the gig he can’t remember where he put them. He turned his house upside down that day trying to find them, but he never did and missed the gig Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted September 10, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 10, 2025 1 hour ago, Ironic Indie Lad said: QOTSA are a baffling band to me. I have literally not once in my life met someone who has said "I'll tell you a band I really love...Queens of the Stone Age!" And yet clearly they are massive. First band I ever saw live, incredible show. First 3 albums are fantastic. Fell off of a cliff after that and have only turned out slop since. They've never been my favourite band, but they were a big part of my teenage years, alongside Kyuss, Masters of Reality, Screaming Trees etc. Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted September 10, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 10, 2025 51 minutes ago, Ironic Indie Lad said: QOTSA are a baffling band to me. I have literally not once in my life met someone who has said "I'll tell you a band I really love...Queens of the Stone Age!" And yet clearly they are massive. I'm a Queens of the Stone Age fan, but I'm one of those annoying fans that just want them to play the old stuff, despite being well aware thats it a very different band now You can't fuck with that first record. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted September 11, 2025 Members Posted September 11, 2025 Gorillaz are playing Spurs June 20th next year. Youngest was gutted that we missed the recent album play throughs so we'll definitely go to that. More money for next summers transfer window I suppose Quote
Rockbus2 Posted September 12, 2025 Posted September 12, 2025 Best QOTSA fact is that when Spiders Nightclub in Hull hosted a listening party for one of their albums, a busful of deaf people turned up thinking that "Songs For The Deaf" was a club night especially catered to them. Quote
Harry Wiseau Posted September 12, 2025 Posted September 12, 2025 23 hours ago, SuperBacon said: Gorillaz are playing Spurs June 20th next year. Youngest was gutted that we missed the recent album play throughs so we'll definitely go to that. More money for next summers transfer window I suppose Supported by Sparks no less, good lord. Quote
SaitoRyo Posted September 12, 2025 Posted September 12, 2025 40 minutes ago, Rockbus2 said: Best QOTSA fact is that when Spiders Nightclub in Hull hosted a listening party for one of their albums, a busful of deaf people turned up thinking that "Songs For The Deaf" was a club night especially catered to them. Phoenix Nights subplot. Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted September 13, 2025 Posted September 13, 2025 (edited) I was going to Spiders every week around that time and have absolutely no recollection of that happening. I say almost every week but I’m calling BS that it just so happened to fall on one where just so happened not to ?@BomberPat you used to DJ there didn’t you? Care to shed some light? Edited September 13, 2025 by WyattSheepMask Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted September 13, 2025 Members Posted September 13, 2025 16 hours ago, Rockbus2 said: Best QOTSA fact is that when Spiders Nightclub in Hull hosted a listening party for one of their albums, a busful of deaf people turned up thinking that "Songs For The Deaf" was a club night especially catered to them. Just now, WyattSheepMask said: I was going to Spiders almost every week around that time and have absolutely no recollection of that happening. @BomberPat you used to DJ there didn’t you? Care to shed some light? No One Knows. Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted September 13, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 13, 2025 1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said: I was going to Spiders every week around that time and have absolutely no recollection of that happening. I say almost every week but I’m calling BS that it just so happened to fall on one where just so happened not to ?@BomberPat you used to DJ there didn’t you? Care to shed some light? Sorry, I never actually played Spiders, and though I have definitely been there plenty of times, I have almost no memory of any night out there. That might be related to the fact that my brother messaged me recently to say that they had quite apologetically had to put their prices up, then sent me a price list that includes £2 pints and £1 house spirits. It sounds like a bollocks story, but Spiders would be the funniest place for it to have happened. Blabbermouth reported it at the time, sourcing it to Metal Hammer, so maybe it's legit? https://blabbermouth.net/news/deaf-people-turn-up-to-see-queens-of-the-stone-age Quote
Panhead Posted September 19, 2025 Posted September 19, 2025 I went to a BBC Introducing show in Bradford last night. Polite Bureaux were an absolute revelation! Quote
Merzbow Posted September 20, 2025 Posted September 20, 2025 The juxtaposition of my own gig going better than ever expected but your date spends half of the night puking in the garden... A second date is on. Quote
Panhead Posted September 22, 2025 Posted September 22, 2025 I went to a Folk night in Leeds yesterday to see one of my favourite local artists, HerOrangeCoat. It was the first time she's played with a full band. First time that I've been to The Attic too. What a lovely venue! Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.