Paid Members gmoney Posted February 21 Paid Members Posted February 21 I was supposed to see Maria Bamford yesterday and Mogwai tonight, but I've got a horrid flu and had to miss both. Pretty gutted. Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted February 22 Paid Members Posted February 22 Madball are always a good crack live, go see 'em Ralphy. Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted February 22 Moderators Posted February 22 Twice I've read that as meatball rather than madball. Goddammit, @Thunderplex. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted February 22 Members Posted February 22 On 2/21/2026 at 11:35 PM, gmoney said: I was supposed to see Maria Bamford yesterday and Mogwai tonight, but I've got a horrid flu and had to miss both. Pretty gutted. Yeah I was supposed to go to that Mogwai Pompey gig and just couldn't be arsed in the end. Always another time. Hope you feel better soon. Quote
Ironic Indie Lad Posted February 26 Posted February 26 RUSH announced UK dates for their 50 Something Tour. First tour since 2015 and the first shows since the death of Neil Peart in early 2020. They are being joined by drummer Anika Niles and also Loren Gold on keyboards. I honestly never thought they would ever tour again. I thought maybe Geddy and Alex would do some guest spots here and there but never a large scale tour and certainly no new music. For full context, I absolutely adore Rush. Probably top 3 recording Artists of all time for me. It's something I have been regularly made fun of for about 20 years at this point. I got a ticket this morning in the presale. Expensive but this is something I feel I just cannot miss. PLEASE PLAY LOADS OF SONGS FROM GRACE UNDER PRESSURE AND POWER WINDOWS Quote
CAREBEAR LUVVA Posted February 26 Posted February 26 A mate sent me a video of this band a few months ago and I absolutely loved it, even though it's not the sort of thing I'd usually be into. I liked it so much that I recently looked into flights to Canada over the Easter holidays to see if I might be able to go to one of their gigs. Flights were doable but the gigs were all sold out, so I was a bit miffed. Anyway, they've just announced a few UK dates in May, one of which is 10 minutes down the road from my house. I can't remember the last time I was this excited about a gig. Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted February 26 Posted February 26 (edited) I’ve been very lucky in that I’ve seen virtually every band I’ve ever wanted to see at least once. There’s only a small handful of acts that I never got to see for one reason or another, and Rush were one of them. @Ironic Indie Lad I genuinely hope you have a great time and I’m not going to tell you how you should spend your money, but I took one look at those prices in the presale and gave it a big no. Not familiar with Anika Nilles but I’ll check her out and see what’s she’s like. Glad they’ve announced someone though, I’m sick of seeing Mike Portnoy talking about how it isn’t him because he wasn’t asked Edited February 26 by WyattSheepMask Quote
wordsfromlee Posted February 26 Posted February 26 They should have got Jason Segel in for the job Quote
Rockbus2 Posted February 27 Posted February 27 13 hours ago, CAREBEAR LUVVA said: A mate sent me a video of this band a few months ago and I absolutely loved it, even though it's not the sort of thing I'd usually be into. I liked it so much that I recently looked into flights to Canada over the Easter holidays to see if I might be able to go to one of their gigs. Flights were doable but the gigs were all sold out, so I was a bit miffed. Anyway, they've just announced a few UK dates in May, one of which is 10 minutes down the road from my house. I can't remember the last time I was this excited about a gig. Thanks for the heads up. Been listening to them loads recently so will try to get to Leeds. Quote
Ironic Indie Lad Posted March 2 Posted March 2 On 2/26/2026 at 5:40 PM, WyattSheepMask said: I’ve been very lucky in that I’ve seen virtually every band I’ve ever wanted to see at least once. There’s only a small handful of acts that I never got to see for one reason or another, and Rush were one of them. @Ironic Indie Lad I genuinely hope you have a great time and I’m not going to tell you how you should spend your money, but I took one look at those prices in the presale and gave it a big no. Thank god for that because they added a second night in Glasgow and I bought a ticket to that as well! Come on! Lets get 2026 out of the way as quickly as possible now. Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted March 4 Paid Members Posted March 4 just got tickets for Orville Peck at the Roundhouse, his first UK show in six years. Been waiting for this one for a while! Quote
Ironic Indie Lad Posted March 5 Posted March 5 Two Day Ozzfest at Villa Park in 2027 apparently announced by Sharon Osbourne. Might be something for 'legacy' type bands as Download seems to be trying to move away from that sort of thing. Most of the truly big hard rock and metal acts are more than capable of their own large scale shows though. Trying to think who would even be on something like this in 2027. Judas Priest? Pantera? Black Label Society? Quote
CTXRussomark Posted March 5 Posted March 5 3 hours ago, Ironic Indie Lad said: Two Day Ozzfest at Villa Park in 2027 apparently announced by Sharon Osbourne. Might be something for 'legacy' type bands as Download seems to be trying to move away from that sort of thing. Most of the truly big hard rock and metal acts are more than capable of their own large scale shows though. Trying to think who would even be on something like this in 2027. Judas Priest? Pantera? Black Label Society? This cunt probably: Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted March 6 Paid Members Posted March 6 Really tempted to try and see Flaming Lips and The Beta Band at Piece Hall this summer. Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted March 6 Moderators Posted March 6 (edited) On 3/4/2026 at 11:34 AM, BomberPat said: just got tickets for Orville Peck at the Roundhouse, his first UK show in six years. Been waiting for this one for a while! Enjoy it whilst you can. I'm sure he's about to go stratospheric when the street fighter movie comes out... Just went to have a look at getting tickets for James Acaster but I don't think I can drop £100 a ticket for a comedy show.. too much for me. Edited March 6 by Chest Rockwell Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.