Paid Members gmoney Posted March 6 Paid Members Posted March 6 Wow, £100 is absolutely insane for a comedy show. Cunt wants to hope he doesn't have an off night. I winced a bit paying £37.50 for Sam Campbell in November. Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted March 6 Author Paid Members Posted March 6 Mods, please let me know if this is taking the piss and I will delete, but just wanted to promote an event we're putting on at our bookshop in April: Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted March 6 Paid Members Posted March 6 2 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said: Just went to have a look at getting tickets for James Acaster but I don't think I can drop £100 a ticket for a comedy show.. too much for me. Where was that Chest? The Brighton Dome ones are 30 quid and generally Acaster doesn't seem like someone who would price gouge. He has spoken about been uncomfortable having as much money as he does already. Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted March 6 Moderators Posted March 6 (edited) London shows. The cheapest tickets I could see were £80.. unless I'm looking in the wrong place. Oh. I think i was looking of some bullshit website. I thought it was legit.. i think there are much cheaper tickets out there.. Amazing! I probably won't be able to go now given how limited availability tickets are but it makes me feel better to know he's not on some bullshit. Edited March 6 by Chest Rockwell Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted March 12 Posted March 12 (edited) Rush are touring. I have absolutely no money but have managed to get okay tickets for one Manchester show and one London show. I'd absolutely love to do what I did with Bruce and just go to every show, but I just can't make it work. The only thing making me okay with that is they're playing the Hydro in Glasgow and O2 in London, and the acoustics at both those venues are shite. Edited March 12 by d-d-d-dAz Quote
TibBo Posted March 16 Posted March 16 AFI have been added to that Deftones show in London. I love their old stuff so much, but their last 4 or 5 albums have been hard work to try and find any kind of hook. Fortunately they still play a ton of old songs live Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted March 30 Members Posted March 30 Kanye West playing 3 nights at Wireless then. Tough one, I personally can't stand him, but I have a 13yo obsessive who probably would never forgive me if I don't take her. Ugh. Quote
Paid Members I Bent My Wookie Posted April 1 Paid Members Posted April 1 Currently on a train to watch The Wiggles. Got centre block 8 rows from the stage on resale for half the price. This isn't an April fools, I'm actually so hype for this. Quote
deathrey Posted April 1 Posted April 1 4 hours ago, I Bent My Wookie said: Currently on a train to watch The Wiggles. Got centre block 8 rows from the stage on resale for half the price. This isn't an April fools, I'm actually so hype for this. I've seen Nick Cope 3 times in the last 2 years, excellent every time. Have a great time Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted April 7 Paid Members Posted April 7 saw The Wildhearts at Signature Brew Walthamstow the other night. First time seeing them in more than twenty years, grabbed tickets when the news of Ginger's cancer diagnosis came out - given it's a tiny venue for them anyway, I was amazed it hadn't already sold out. Loved it. Just a phenomenal live band, incredible energy, and it felt like a setlist for them as much as the audience - a little light on hits, only one song in the encore, but just a lot of fun. I have a real soft spot for their cover of the Cheers theme, and loved that they played it. Quote
Bruce85 Posted April 7 Posted April 7 On 3/30/2026 at 9:19 PM, SuperBacon said: Kanye West playing 3 nights at Wireless then. Tough one, I personally can't stand him, but I have a 13yo obsessive who probably would never forgive me if I don't take her. Ugh. Looks like your dilemma has been resolved. Festivals been cancelled as he’s be banned from entering the UK. Whilst not a fan of Kanye and I definitely don’t support his views it’s a shame the festivals been cancelled. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted April 7 Members Posted April 7 1 minute ago, Bruce85 said: Looks like your dilemma has been resolved. Festivals been cancelled as he’s be banned from entering the UK. Whilst not a fan of Kanye and I definitely don’t support his views it’s a shame the festivals been cancelled. I did actually get tickets! 12pm: tickets go on sale. 1.30pm: government announce he's been banned from travelling. 2.30pm: event cancelled. A genuine masterclass in event management. I have a devastated 13yo, and the only thing she now has to look forward to is the last Spurs game of the season. What a terrible parent I am. Quote
Paid Members Lorne Malvo Posted April 7 Paid Members Posted April 7 The lad at work who does my head in had tickets and is absolutely devastated, so every cloud... Quote
CAREBEAR LUVVA Posted April 7 Posted April 7 I missed out on Angine de Poitrine tickets the other day because they sold out in less than a minute. I do, however, have a ticket to see the Cheeky Girls in a pub in Wakefield, which I'm sure will more than make up for it. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.