AEW Friday Night Rampage

Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members

Yeah, he's attractive as hell, super young, people have a lot of love for Taz that gets transferred to his son, and he looked green but good. There wasn't the sense you got with Arn Anderson's son that he'd been thrown in beyond his ability, or with Brian Pillman Jr where he's not comfortable in himself or a style that works.

Hook knows what the people who were interested wanted to see, which is what if Taz was young and hot and debuting in AEW. There were a lot of expectations around his debut but it always felt to me that's where those expectations were aimed, not that he'd be at Bryan Danielson's level on his first pro match.

1 hour ago, LaGoosh said:

Really disappointed FTR didn't win the belts, they deserve them and the Lucha Bros don't really have much more to offer as a tag team. FTR are the best tag team in the world and should have the belts.

Most overrated tag team on the planet.

They should concentrate more on carving their own path instead of trying to convince everyone that they are the second coming of The Midnight Express. 

Don't buy into their act at all. Obviously capable of good matches but that's it. 

4 hours ago, PunkStep said:

I checked out this debut after Twitter went nuts this morning over it. As somebody that hasn't followed any wrestling for ages, I thought it was...OK. I'm probably missing something though if I haven't been following, but looked very green and devoid of any real presence.

Depends what you're after in a debut. Me, I want to see confidence, competence, and character, and as quick as possible. I don't want you to have to fuck around on my TV for 15 minutes to get over. That's one of the things the Performance Centre is getting wrong. If you come out striding, with a clear MO, and some clean, characterful work, I don't give a shit if you step your left foot forward after a shoulder roll. Hook gave me all three of my wants in spades. I cannot wait for his next match. The real skill in wrestling is getting over before even doing a move. Hook has managed to do that with a combination of genuine, well-trained skills and savvy social media, and all while barely saying a word. Genuine crossover appeal. He's clearly very smart, with a ton of potential, with a supportive dad, in a positive work environment. It's very exciting. 

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Louch said:

With the likes of hook, garcia, griff Garrison, the acclaimed they have their next level of stars to bring up when the current 4 pillars move up. I wonder how quickly Khan will want to go Full football manager and see how he goes without his top stars 

TBF, it's not by design but all three former AEW champs are currently out of action. 

27 minutes ago, JNLister said:

TBF, it's not by design but all three former AEW champs are currently out of action. 

True, meant more letting contracts expire