AEW Friday Night Rampage

Hannibal Scorch

13 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Like where?

I don’t mean that as a dig, I’m genuinely asking. It’s currently available in every single house in the country that has a TV in it, moving anywhere other than the BBC would reduce its current exposure.

I guess David would like it to go some where that will show it with out a massive delay. 

Most of us reading this thread watch AEW yet I bet the amount of people who watch it on ITV4 is around 10% of that number. Everyone else seems to watch it via alternative methods seeing how active this thread is on a Thursday.

I'd rather it be on live on an obscure channel than 2/3/4 days later on a mainstream channel like ITV4.

Yep that and I'd love for AEW to go to a UK channel that supported it and had an active social media presence etc. I've been really disappointed with what ITV have done with it. Impact always had a fantastic relationship with Challenge here. It'd be great to see AEW build something similar with someone.

• Awards Moderator

I watched every week on ITV Hub up until the middle of this year, when they had that run of airing later in the week in America and there was no guarantee of how far behind ITV would get. That plus Rampage not being on TV here yet caused me to sign up to Fite. Haven’t watched on ITV since.

Fite is superb for how handy it is, either live or whenever the next day. Especially after working out how many clicks gets you skipping the ads. Some I just leave as it’s then time to piss or check my phone 

ITV is probably better for it than most channels as more people will stumble across it. I doubt any channel would do the live feed that many seem to want or expect from a UK cable channel. Looking ahead to some sort of corporate synergy maybe they end up on Quest as that's the most high profile Discovery/Time Warner channel in the UK.

AEW's current deal with Fite probably helps their cause if they sell their global streaming rights to HBOMAX/Discovery+. As they can point to an existing subscriber base in addition to the number that watches ondemand.

3 hours ago, Supremo said:

993E7C31-5EEB-42BA-A07F-7E2598213409.thumb.jpeg.37601129f948416f689743843045a9ac.jpeg

Turning the replies off! Wild.

I genuinely don't know if AEW are doing some massive missteps or if this is ligit the greatest booking for a heel we've seen in years.

Have I faith AEW know what they're doing. I hope this leads to a CM Punk vs Cody Rhodes match over the TNT championship.

1 hour ago, andrew "the ref" coyne said:

I genuinely don't know if AEW are doing some massive missteps or if this is ligit the greatest booking for a heel we've seen in years.

I mean with the way people are reacting I can't say that it's the greatest heel booking for years. There's a difference between wanting to hate a guy and enjoying their heel work and people just wanting him to fuck off.

6 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

I mean with the way people are reacting I can't say that it's the greatest heel booking for years. There's a difference between wanting to hate a guy and enjoying their heel work and people just wanting him to fuck off.

Unless that's the work 🙃.

Like genuine old school heels we're not meant to like. We're not meant to enjoy their heel work. 

Ultimately it's all about the pay off to the emotion. If this results in someone getting the championship off him in a hugely emotional "YEEEESSSSSS! FUCK YOU CODY YOU SPOTLIGHT STEALING DICK!" then it was a success.

Let's not fool ourselves that we are above "normal fans" because we apparently see the strings. 

I thought they got it. I thought the not allowing replies on Twitter was a clever part of the elaborate ruse.

Then I saw Cody’s Instagram post (where he says ‘Don’t be a “HEEL”, don’t be a “BABYFACE”… just be a winner’ and now I don’t know what’s true anymore.

It could be that they think Cody is just being him, living his truth/best life as the kids say, and they’re protecting him from the mean spirited people of social media.

I just don’t know.

Either way, the way they’ve tied themselves in knots over Cody since day 1 is amazing. The ‘can’t challenge for the title’ thing was so stupid. They’ve just never, ever known how to book him… yet I think had they just played it down the middle, he’d have settled into the main event scene as a heel quite nicely.