AEW Friday Night Rampage

Hannibal Scorch

8 hours ago, Kamran said:

AEW have put Hook's debut on YouTube, it's already have over 500K views:

The numbers of views on Brazzers is the key demo 

5 hours ago, JimmyAnderson said:

How long before Johnny Kidd turns up in AEW and convinces "Captain" Hook and "Short" John Silver to team up as Johnny Kidd and The Pirates?

Their rendition of “Please Don’t Touch” will be ignored by quite a few AEW alumni, but they could get Dean Malenko out for “Shakin’ All Over”

• Paid Members
On 12/11/2021 at 5:22 PM, CavemanLynn said:

Depends what you're after in a debut. Me, I want to see confidence, competence, and character, and as quick as possible.

Oh absolutely, it delivered on that front without a doubt. As far as debuts go it did a good job in putting this guy out there.

It's just that with the hype I saw over the weekend, I was expecting it to be up there with the all-time great debut appearances- such as Brock Lesnar smashing through a few people on Raw that time, or Brodus 'my bad' Clay asking somebody to call his mama.

Probably me being half glass empty, but as soon as I saw all the hype on here before he'd debuted I watched his match believing the hype would be blown out of proportion. It was alright, I liked how he has a distinct style with the judo throws and chokes. But yeah, he's barely done anything so I can't buy into any hype yet.

• Paid Members

Bit of a nothing show this week. One thing I noticed was Fenix seems to be growing himself a lucha libre steroid gut. He definitely seems to be getting a bit bigger and slower recently. 

Oh, and Cody got more heel heat than Dan Lambert. Nice one, Cody.

Edited by LaGoosh

31 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Bit of a nothing show this week. One thing I noticed was Fenix seems to be growing himself a lucha libre steroid gut. He definitely seems to be getting a bit bigger and slower recently. 

Oh, and Cody got more heel heat than Dan Lambert. Nice one, Cody.

Yeah, they were my two main takeaways. That, and Christian Cage’s fall from ‘industry changing signing to be announced next week’ to ‘third wheel to a jungle based gimmick’ has been rapid.

Cody has real heel presence though. If they don’t know what they’ve got, they’re idiots. He could exist at the top of the card as a heel. The elaborate music/video package, the special entrance way, the slow walk… it’s perfect heel stuff. The crowd seem ready for it.

It was a nothing show. But I like that they condense the Bucks/Cassidy style nonsense into big multi man matches. It’s quite fun in those little bite size chunks, when it isn’t all over the shows.