AEW Friday Night Rampage

Hannibal Scorch

Penelope has some decent spots and a good look, and likely has some goodwill from lockdown with Sabian being a go-to guy for Tony K, apparently. Bunny is the Blade's other half, and is probably associated with Blade's training school in Buffalo, where a lot of the Dark and Elevation bodies come from. As a Mean Girls heel pairing in the division on the lower end of the card and shows, they're both fine. A bit like Britt, when they're doing angles and character spots in matches, they do well, but when they try to work work work, they lose it a bit. 

Show was decent but I kind of checked out after the opener (actually, during the opener). There just wasn't a match on the card I felt any need to devote my full attention to. Which is fine, they can't all be shows I care about every week.

We're not getting a Cody heel turn prior to 2022, then. Given him vs Sammy is being taped for Rampage.

Absolutely lapsed WWE fan over here- have not watched since they lost the Sky deal but been an avid viewer of Dynamite for a couple of months now so this Rampage news is very welcome, especially as Jade Cargill (phwoarrr) seems to be exclusively wrestling on Rampage. What a cracking promotion AEW is though, solid matches, solid characters, solid promos (in ring and backstage) and a solid commentary team. Good times.

• Paid Members

A couple of quick thoughts on last week's Rampage:

The one from 2.0 with the big head. Is it Matt? Definitely one of my Boys. A mid card heel straight outta the 80's. 

Daniel Garcia is great, but if he too wants to be one of my boys, he has to change the socks/short boots combo. 

Based on something mentioned in the commentary, Penta, when he turns heel has got to do either a loaded chest protector or loaded mask gimmick. 

Santana and Ortiz have done enough fucking about. They absolutely need something juicy to get their teeth into. They are being missed out on here. 

The main event was a fuck tonne of fun. 

On 12/22/2021 at 6:17 PM, DavidB6937 said:

I hope it goes somewhere better eventually. 

Like where?

I don’t mean that as a dig, I’m genuinely asking. It’s currently available in every single house in the country that has a TV in it, moving anywhere other than the BBC would reduce its current exposure.

Edited by WyattSheepMask