The NXT Discussion Thread

DJM

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

I arn’t pissing about with VPNs just to get NXT the next day though

Better than being invested in AEW and all the pissing about with EVPs.

I'm absolutely fucking devastated to hear this news. They absolutely did so so well on the main NXT roster and TV and I am shocked they lasted longer than Trent seven and some other very talented British talent that got signed and were on NXT Also.

James Drake was flying the flag and representing my little home town of st Anne's and Zak Gibson was someone I've always respected and got to train with and whatnot back in the day so too see them both go in as a tag team and stay a team the entire run and do so well is a huge testament and something they should be forever proud of. I hope they get some good bookings around the indy scene 

• 2 weeks later...

The presentation was fantastic, and the idea behind the character is good - but underneath all of that, it’s still Brian Pillman Jr. A stint in developmental programming is absolutely what he needs, but I’m certainly dubious about his upside.

Edited by RedRooster

Anyway, Becky lining up 3-4 championship contenders into the future at all times meant that I genuinely reacted when Lyra pinned her, because I assumed there was still a xia li and roxanne match to go. So credit there.

I'm thinking they go heel Jacy to overcoming her fears Thea from here.

Chase U ~~~~~~

Some solid stuff otherwise, they're leaning into mello attacking trick so heavily it has to be a swerve at this point.

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

It's divided people online but personally I enjoyed the debut of Lexis King.

Someone compared him to Rocky Maivia on X saying, well people wrote him off after his debut. Except that this wasn’t BPJ debut, he’s been wrestling 7 years at this point. He still looked awful in the ring, I’d argue his opponent looked better in that match. His finisher had a botched set up, and took a long time to set up. Can’t see it sticking as it’s basically a middle rope crossroads. But it’s not like he’s not stolen moves from a companies top wrestler before.

And I agree their presentation of him was better here then he had at AEW, he looks like a less grubby Joey Janella. 

• 2 weeks later...