The NXT Discussion Thread

DJM

• Paid Members
On 12/11/2023 at 6:30 PM, Statto said:

Ok, the ending stretch to the Iron Survivor match is absolutely cracking, and perfectly executed

I'm behind, what were the rules here? Looks like a 25 minute 4 way Iron Man match, what's the little timers above the names? Was this a penalty box style "you can't score a pin for this many seconds after you've been pinned" deal? Feels a bit like one stip too many.

1 hour ago, air_raid said:

I'm behind, what were the rules here? Looks like a 25 minute 4 way Iron Man match, what's the little timers above the names? Was this a penalty box style "you can't score a pin for this many seconds after you've been pinned" deal? Feels a bit like one stip too many.

Yep exactly that, and it actually worked really well. Added to the tension quite a lot I felt.

And it is a literal penalty box.

2 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

Got NO idea what's going on but..

AJPW have a big show on 31/12 with the Triple Crown being defended between Nakajima and Miyahara. At the beginning of the new year they tend to do back to back nights at Korakuen, where the Triple Crown is being defended against a mystery opponent on 3/1.

I know its google translate but the text reads as:

[A phone call from WWE to President Fukuda of All Japan Pro Wrestling! ! ] The assassin that President Fukuda is trying to make into a Triple Crown Champion for 1.3 is an NXT player! ? Is it true, President Fukuda? Are you okay, President Fukuda? ! Agony?? President Fukuda's office?? Episode 1 "Hello WWE!?" Don't miss All Japan, which is ahead of the times!

Based on that and the video (WTF?) I don't think it's the sign of the working relationship people are fantasy booking online. 3/1 is a Wednesday so someone's either missing that week's NXT to come in, or this is just them continuing the mystery.

19 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

I think a working relationship has been rumoured for a while now.
Muto was in America earlier in the year and I guarantee it wasn't just  to sit ringside for Rollins vs Nakamura.
Could be a very interesting development.

Muto's been tied to NOAH for years now, and his daughter is about to debut on one of their shows. Doubt he's been doing all that promo work to help out a rival promotion. 

41 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

Muto's been tied to NOAH for years now, and his daughter is about to debut on one of their shows. Doubt he's been doing all that promo work to help out a rival promotion. 

Doesn't he have ties with All Japan? I must have my Japanese pro wrestling hierarchy confused.

9 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Doesn't he have ties with All Japan? I must have my Japanese pro wrestling hierarchy confused.

Historical ties at this point. About 20 years ago left peak-MMA influx NJPW for All Japan and would there for about 10 years. Towards the end All Japan was sold, he lost his Presidency and was being phased out in the power structure. Set up his own promotion Wrestle-1. When that failed he saw out his in-ring career with NOAH.

Turned out it was true. Making the AJPW teaser all the weirder. Charlie Dempsey will challenge for the Triple Crown on 3/1. He'll also be in a tag match on 31/12 teaming with Yuma Anzai against LEONA and Tatsumi Fujinami.

William Regal made the announcement in what I think is his first official on-screen work since returning to WWE.

• Paid Members

I guess this is the right place for this. I’m completely out of the loop with wrestling these days but just found out this is Regal’s son.

Is he any good? I can definitely see the resemblance to his old man. 

Edited by wandshogun09