Joe Blog Posted April 6, 2024 Posted April 6, 2024 3 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said: Huge Signing. Is it? Not having a pop here just generally interested as to why she is considered a huge signing. Quote
TildeGuy~! Posted April 6, 2024 Posted April 6, 2024 (edited) 5 minutes ago, Joe Blog said: Is it? Not having a pop here just generally interested as to why she is considered a huge signing. Considered by many as the best Women’s wrestler in the world for the last couple of years, was voted No. 2 in the 2023 PWI women’s top 500, it’s a very big get for them. Edited April 6, 2024 by TildeGuy~! Quote
Joe Blog Posted April 6, 2024 Posted April 6, 2024 Thanks for the info, I’m a very lax fan these days at best. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted April 6, 2024 Paid Members Posted April 6, 2024 I've watched highlights packages on YouTube like when your club's about to sign someone you've never heard of. None of them said "Giulia skills and quality moments - The new Alundra Blayze!" though. Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted April 6, 2024 Paid Members Posted April 6, 2024 Giulia is a top talent. My concern is how much she’ll be watered down because she’s very hard hitting. There’s no one like her in WWE, but I hope she does well because she’s a breath of fresh air. From what I’ve seen, her English is pretty poor which will hold her back. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted April 6, 2024 Paid Members Posted April 6, 2024 11 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said: Giulia is a top talent. My concern is how much she’ll be watered down because she’s very hard hitting. Even watered down her offence will be stronger than Iyo Sky and the Pirate, who both don't look like they could beat their way out of a wet paper bag. Quote
Dr. Alan Grant Posted April 6, 2024 Posted April 6, 2024 I watched Stand & Deliver. It’s the first NXT I’ve watched for a few years, so there were a lot of faces new to me. But also some people I had forgotten existed. Noam Dar! Jesus, haven’t seen him since 205 Live. I was never a fan of Tye Dillinger, and even with his AEW presentation he’s still rubbish. But now he wears a mask to the ring. Joe Gacy also wears a Poundland Halloween mask to the ring. I don’t know why. Poor Bron Breakker, paired up with shitarse Baron Corbin. Hopefully he’ll be done with NXT soon and can spear Corbin into a future endeavour. Dijak Vs Josh Briggs Vs Oba Femi seemingly for the Knuckles Championship was a decent-ish meaty men slapping meat match. Briggs is pretty bland despite his Test cosplay trousers. Oba Femi though is awesome. Love him. How long has he been in NXT? Call that guy up immediately. Seeing Knuckles in the crowd makes me want a fully dressed mascot gimmick wrestler. It’s been a few years since the Adam Rose bunny. It’s time for a new one. Jacy Jayne, Kiana James, Minky Deloit & Izzy James Vs Thea Hail, Fallon Henley, Kelani Jordan & Bremlon Chazz was a bunch of nothing. Some of those names might not be real. Who even knows. However, Thea Hail was great. Wonderful facial expressions, and nailed an unhinged character in a way that Nikki Cross and Alexa Bliss never did. I’d already watched a fair amount of wrestling in the day before this, so by the time the women’s championship match came around, I was nearly in a coma. The crowd seemed pretty dead for most of it. I liked seeing the Pip Boy on the floor until I remembered that we’ll be getting the Prime logo in the ring at Mania, and then I felt sad. Gary Windass Vs Tony D’Angelo was fine. The mob boss gimmick is very mid card, but I did like his Sopranos entrance. Carmelo Hayes Vs Trick Williams was the best match on the card. I’m sure I would have enjoyed it a lot more if I was a regular viewer and knew their backstory, but the video package beforehand did a great job of keeping me in the loop. I’ve heard a lot about Hayes and how charismatic and main roster ready he is. But holy shit, Trick is far beyond him in my opinion. That guy is a star. Great look, good in the ring. Hell of a future ahead of him. It probably wasn’t enough to make me want to watch NXT on a regular basis, but I definitely want to see more of Trick, Oba & Thea. And more of Megan Morant, the pre-show host. Oh my. Lastly, Booker T is terrible on commentary. Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted April 6, 2024 Paid Members Posted April 6, 2024 4 hours ago, Snitsky's back acne said: Let's hope she's not another Sarray Let's hope not because as Sir Elton has so tunefully told us Sarray Seems To Be The Hardest Word. Quote
Paid Members JLM Posted April 6, 2024 Paid Members Posted April 6, 2024 4 hours ago, Snitsky's back acne said: Her name is Giulia. She wrestles in Japan. I've not seen her work but by all accounts she is highly regarded. Let's hope she's not another Sarray. She’s a lot more charismatic and is a bigger personality than Sarray. Carries herself like a star and can be a good cocky/arrogant heel as well. I think she’ll do well in WWE. Quote
Loki Posted April 7, 2024 Posted April 7, 2024 Bron Brekker hitting the ropes so fast he shifted the ring makes me hard. Can’t wait for him to move up to the main roster, he’s their most exciting prospect for me since Lesnar. Trick Williams is the other guy who has World Champion potential. He reminds me so much of Booker - tall, rangy and powerful with a real cred as a character. Quote
Loki Posted April 24, 2024 Posted April 24, 2024 (edited) On 4/7/2024 at 10:23 AM, Loki said: Trick Williams is the other guy who has World Champion potential. He reminds me so much of Booker - tall, rangy and powerful with a real cred as a character. I've been saying this since pretty much Trick turned up in NXT as Carmello's mate, but it's reinforced by last night's match. Worth watching the main event of Spring Breakin' as I think it underlines that we're looking at a next big thing, potentially. He's unpolished but the crowd love him. Edit: full match - Edited April 24, 2024 by Loki Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted May 18, 2024 Paid Members Posted May 18, 2024 Why does NXT have guys doing the top guys trademark moves? Baffling. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted May 29, 2024 Posted May 29, 2024 Well of all the nights to watch the show because I couldn't sleep. Spoiler I love Jordynne Grace so very happy to see her pop up again. And a showing against teeny tiny Roxanne will really play to her strengths. Nice to see the TNA relationship carry on after the Rumble and it sounds like there could be more coming. Would be interesting to see some going the other way. And I've said a few times that I thought Ethan Page was underutilised in AEW so now is his time to show up. A solid signing for me and a statement of intent. Let's see how it goes. Quote
Paid Members Lorne Malvo Posted May 29, 2024 Paid Members Posted May 29, 2024 Spoiler Bloody hell, I really didn't expect Ethan Page to be WWE-bound. That's a cracking signing for them. I remember thinking during his first few AEW matches that his in-ring work is very 'WWE-style' (that's not a dig before anyone starts), so he should fit in a treat there. Quote
Paid Members Nick James Posted May 29, 2024 Paid Members Posted May 29, 2024 NXT has been a really slept on show for the best part of a year now, always just a fun show, however it seems there isn't enough people that watch to bother even discussing it. It's a shame the 2.0 era turned so many people off from NXT, because it really is just a good level of entertainment. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.