The NXT Discussion Thread

DJM

29 minutes ago, Daaaaaad! said:

tzRsOke.gif 

Yeah, that's nothing. The CW Network was a money pit that was propped by what's now Paramount & WBD for shows they produced and sold internationally. Once they had streaming services set up for that type of programming they literally gave 75% of the company away.

https://deadline.com/2023/11/cw-wwe-nxt-usa-network-pro-wrestling-1235595011/

It's official now. TKO did a press release confirming. According to deadline they're getting more than double the existing deal of $15m a year. Which I was surprised by, I'd thought they were already in the $30m a year range.

Edited by Infinity Land

• Paid Members

Name value (which he no longer has now they have changed his name) is the only reason that he is on TV straight away. He's rank rotten and needs a lot of coaching. To say he was in MLW for a few years before AEW, then a few years there, he's greener than most of these athletes with no wrestling background.

Mind you, he's better than Gable Steveson.

Edited by Nick James

45 minutes ago, Nick James said:

To say he was in MLW for a few years before AEW, then a few years there, he's greener than most of these athletes with no wrestling background.

When you consider the fact he’s been wrestling since 2017, it’s kind of jaw-dropping that he is as bad as he is. While I wouldn’t rule out his character somehow catching on, I’d be reluctant to even put a small amount of money on that happening. They’d have been better off signing Griff Garrison. 

• 4 weeks later...

I enjoyed Deadline last night. Just a fun show I thought. Yes, even with Lexis. I did fast forward most of that match if I'm honest because nothing beats his throne entrance. It's always downhill from there.

Dragon Lee and Dom was fine. Nothing spectacular but I've got a lot of time for Dom these days. He's just fun to watch because he does get genuine heat.

The two Iron Survivor matches were booked really well I thought. And different enough to justify having them both.

The NXT women's division might be my favourite at the moment. There's a lot of depth and a wide range of characters. It wasn't smooth at times but hey that happens with main roster stuff too. And bound to happen when a lot of them are quite inexperienced. But there's a lot of talent there and the future looks bright.

Men's match was worth a watch just for how over Trick is. That and Bron's spear which is one of my favourite moves to watch now. His speed and intensity is terrifying.

Cage match was fairly pointless. As was the main event if I'm honest. I don't hate Baron Corbin but he's not the most over guy to have in a main event slot so it felt a bit flat.

4 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

I enjoyed Deadline last night. Just a fun show I thought. Yes, even with Lexis. I did fast forward most of that match if I'm honest because nothing beats his throne entrance. It's always downhill from there.

In a weird way, he reminds me of Karrion Kross. They’ve managed to find a presentation for him that kind of works, but as soon as he’s tasked with doing anything else, he’s exposed. It’s hard to see any promise in the guy whatsoever.