The NXT Discussion Thread

DJM

• Paid Members
29 minutes ago, Callum1993 said:

Hope they bring in Johnny Tightlips to manage him. Might improve the level of promo in the PC.

Better than Frankie The Squealer. 

Haven’t seen last night’s show so only going off results but I’m liking the old vs new feel for the men’s Wargames match with Ciampa, Gargano, Dunne and Knight against Brekker, Hayes, D’Angelo and Waller. It’s potentially Gargano’s last match in NXT as well as his contract expires next Friday, 2 days before Takeover Wargames

Interesting move having KLR on the face side of the women’s match too, the ladder match next week should be good between her and Dakota Kai for advantage in the match

Looks like we’re also going to get Strong vs Gacy for the Cruiserweight title and Imperium against either O’Reilly and Wagner or Legado Del Phantasmo for the Tag Team titles at the show as well

• Paid Members

I think a New Blood vs. Millionaire's Club feud was the way to go without a strong faction to carry Wargames but it's a shame its come around so quickly because they haven't been able to build anything hot going into the match other than Ciampa and Steiner 2.0 and there's inherent history between Ciampa and Gargano but everything else is cold because the show is still settling in. Don't think I'll go out of my way to find it.

Opening up the Cruiserweight title could have been an interesting development but it's just one of their one promo and announce it things. AEW do that often too. It's a lack of foresight and patience really. It's a shame.

I've not watched NXT for a couple of weeks. Still have enough interest to read what's happened but nothing is grabbing me. Wasn't completely against Steiner losing the title match but it's definitely added to my drop in interest. Should have struck when the iron was hot to really cement the change in NXT and then had the old guys as the heels after him leading to Wargames.

• Paid Members

They're eventually going to have to find a way to split Lumis and Hartwell right? This doesn't scream an angle that can go on forever.

Would it make sense for Lumis to be the one that costs the Old School the match by turning on Gargano? Sending him out of NXT as well. Even if they keep this weird tortured artist angle up he's been on, he could use it as a way of saying Gargano caused him to get hurt by getting involved in his garbage. 

I don't know, but if Johnny is off you'd hope it would have some great meaning, rather than being beat up by Kyle O'Reilly only for him to now be teaming with Bull Buchanan's less than brilliant son.

• Paid Members

In a sense, they’ve achieved exactly what they wanted with NXT 2.0. It truly feels like a main roster show, having developed the exact same feeling of being completely skippable. I haven’t watched an episode in weeks. At least when I’d mostly slag off Hunter and Shawn’s effort I was still watching. I couldn’t even put a face to most of the current names I see in reports. It reads like a right bunch of Bubba Poons.

I am intrigued by War Games though. Wasn’t Gargano supposed to be leaving in early December? I wonder if this is his last match. He’s made a big deal online about having never been in a War Games before so maybe he’s signed an extension just to do that match. Surely he wouldn’t be stupid enough to sign a new contract, would he? 

After that Tag Team ladder match a few weeks ago, putting those inexperienced women in a War Games match is nothing short of criminal. Someone’s going to break their neck.

EDIT: Fightful reporting Gargano has indeed signed a one week extension to get him to Wargames.

AEW Winter is Coming is the week after. You have to assume he’s going to appear. Adam Cole and Gargano truly adhering to the Fight Forever chant.

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, Shy Dad said:

Kyle O'Reilly only for him to now be teaming with Bull Buchanan's less than brilliant son.

Beau Beverley's less then brilliant son.

Buchanan Jr is Brooks Jensen, who is teaming with Josh Briggs.

What is it with WWE and not having 2nd generation wrestlers use their fathers name? NXT seems to be flooded with 2nd generation wrestlers now who all use different names.

Previous examples I can think of in the past were Bray Wyatt, Bo Dallas, Michael Mcgilicutty and the Usos. But it just seems even more obvious now.

9 hours ago, Zebra Kid Mark said:

What is it with WWE and not having 2nd generation wrestlers use their fathers name? NXT seems to be flooded with 2nd generation wrestlers now who all use different names.

Previous examples I can think of in the past were Bray Wyatt, Bo Dallas, Michael Mcgilicutty and the Usos. But it just seems even more obvious now.

It’s so they can forge their own paths without the family name overshadowing them, the Usos for example wouldn’t nearly have been as successful had they gone by the Fatus and worn Headshrinker style gear