The NXT Discussion Thread

DJM

Parts were really good, other parts felt like your standard weekly affair.

Womens ladder was quite the car crash wasn't it? Felt like the logic was 'Chuck loads of them in the ring with ladders and it will be awesome'. We will never know but I would love to know who the agents were for the match, I don't think it's fair to blame the girls, Kind of felt bad for Io Shirai throughout the entire match who was clearly the 'glue' of it all then had to take that insane bump. I'm intrigued by Hartwell's partner (name escapes me) she looks 'different' and looks like she could go if given the chance.

Next 2 matches were clearly filler and felt totally not needed, either make the main longer or just put a good singles match in it's place. Wrestlers in Halloween costumes is always good content for website/social media though I suppose.

I'm glad Mandy won, considering how long she has been around it's actually pretty amazing how she is now finally starting to blossom into a good wrestler. Having spin the wheel just to be 'Chucky choice' feels a bit stupid but hey, this is wwe in 2021 so what do we expect?

Main was a really enjoyable bout that felt like it should have been the passing of the torch. I get why they never did the switch but Ciampo just feels so out of place in this NXT imo, he is a hangover from a period that is pretty much been deemed a failure. As a wrestler I like him but he doesn't fit this 'new, young' brand.

A fun enough show that felt like they crammed in to much

• Paid Members

Incredibly bland show this week. They've gone really heavy on backstage interviews and on-location skits and without them, this would have been dull as death. From memory, I think we had MSK teasing the origin of their name before a bus went past, Duke and the rich beardy fella playing poker about three times, Boa getting magic facepaint, Kay Lee Ray vignette, the female tag champs flirting with the male tag champs, Briggs and Jensen playing horseshoes or something and Tony D'Angelo on the Lashing Out show. I enjoyed the last one despite the dreadful format. D'Angelo is great.

They started the show with Mandy Rose in the HHH 20 minute interview segment and it really wasn't good. Not sure what the end game is with this group. Doesn't feel like a main roster act and someone who has had so long on the main already and not got good shouldn't be in this spot.

The Xyon Quinn and Robert Stone sing off is hands down the worst thing I've seen all year. Absolutely abysmal. Quinn looked really good in the match though. Bags of potential there.

The rest of the wrestling that I bothered with was really dull. And in Von Wagner's case, really bad. One exception, that was the good rehab win for Steiner 2.0. Beth called him a "genetic freak".

I still like catching this show. It's nice to see talent on the rise. Sure, some of it is bad. Some is really, really bad but I like watching potential being fulfilled so it's nice to see Breaker, Quinn, Sikoa, Boa and Cora on this journey. More interesting than it has been for a long time. It needs to be better than this though. Some terrible stuff and the camera work being nigh on unwatchable will put people off for years.

3 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

Some is really, really bad but I like watching potential being fulfilled so it's nice to see Breaker, Quinn, Sikoa, Boa and Cora on this journey. More interesting than it has been for a long time.

That was always the appeal of NXT until they tried to turn it into a real third brand.  You got to see who the next big stars would be and watch them grow.  I think the rot really set in when they started hiring in guys like Bobby Roode, Samoa Joe, Nakamura etc.  None of those guys needed to spend a minute in development, and whilst it was fun watching them it meant NXT became more about the established stars and less about the Next Big Thing.

NXT up against AEW was destined to fail, as AEW's top guys don't get promoted to another fed at the end of each year.  NXT as the development on tv, with a few seasoned vets who are never going to be main roster material - much more interesting.

On 10/27/2021 at 11:57 AM, LaGoosh said:

When was the last genuinely good ladder match? They've all blurred into one for me for the past 10 years. Maybe the MITB from 2010 that Danielson won? Or Ziggler vs Luke Harper perhaps. Can't think of any match stip I'm more bored of.

Im sure theres some key ones in there but they have rinsed the appeal of one now, likewise with Hell In A Cell

Didnt the Wyatts and Shield have a load of good ladder matches or were they TLC ones?

1 09.11.2021 World Wrestling Entertainment Kay Lee Ray defeats Sarray (4:51)
WWE NXT 2.0 #480 - TV-Show @ WWE Performance Center in Orlando, Florida, USA
2 26.10.2021 World Wrestling Entertainment Sarray defeats Katrina Cortez (5:58)
WWE 205 Live #255 - TV-Show @ WWE Performance Center in Orlando, Florida, USA
3 12.10.2021 World Wrestling Entertainment Indi Hartwell & Persia Pirotta defeat Amari Miller & Sarray (2:26)
WWE NXT 2.0 #476 - TV-Show @ WWE Performance Center in Orlando, Florida, USA
4 05.10.2021 World Wrestling Entertainment Sarray defeats Amari Miller (4:42)
WWE 205 Live #252 - TV-Show @ WWE Performance Center in Orlando, Florida, USA
5 14.09.2021 World Wrestling Entertainment Gigi Dolin, Jacy Jayne & Mandy Rose defeat Kacy Catanzaro, Kayden Carter & Sarray (6:27)
WWE NXT 2.0 #472 - TV-Show @ WWE Performance Center in Orlando, Florida, USA
6 24.08.2021 World Wrestling Entertainment Sarray defeats Mandy Rose by Count Out (6:48)
WWE NXT #470 - TV-Show @ Capitol Wrestling Center (WWE Performance Center) in Orlando, Florida, USA
7 10.08.2021 World Wrestling Entertainment Dakota Kai defeats Sarray (13:08)
WWE NXT #467 - TV-Show @ Capitol Wrestling Center (WWE Performance Center) in Orlando, Florida, USA
8 13.07.2021 World Wrestling Entertainment Sarray defeats Gigi Dolin (3:33)
WWE NXT #463 - TV-Show @ Capitol Wrestling Center (WWE Performance Center) in Orlando, Florida, USA
9 13.06.2021 World Wrestling Entertainment Pre-Show: Sarray & Zoey Stark defeat The Robert Stone Brand (Aliyah & Jessi Kamea) (7:39)
WWE NXT TakeOver: In Your House 2021 - TV-Show @ Capitol Wrestling Center (WWE Performance Center) in Orlando, Florida, USA
10 18.05.2021 World Wrestling Entertainment Sarray defeats Aliyah (2:23)
WWE NXT #455 - TV-Show @ Capitol Wrestling Center (WWE Performance Center) in Orlando, Florida, USA
11 04.05.2021 World Wrestling Entertainment Sarray defeats Zayda Ramier (3:37)
WWE NXT #453 - TV-Show @ Capitol Wrestling Center (WWE Performance Center) in Orlando, Florida, USA
12 20.04.2021 World Wrestling Entertainment Sarray defeats Zoey Stark (7:12)
WWE NXT #451 - TV-Show @ Capitol Wrestling Center (WWE Performance Center) in Orlando, Florida, USA

I've not been keeping up with NXT but was just curious to see how much she had been jobbed out.

I'm not sure that qualifies as a jobber?

• Paid Members

Surely, going by that tweet, the loss is intentional? I mean, you can hit WWE with a lot, but moaning because she's lost a few and saying they have turned her into a jobber laughable. 

From what I can work out, she may be going down the route Io Shirai took, by turning heel and actually making her interesting. 

32 minutes ago, Nick James said:

Surely, going by that tweet, the loss is intentional? I mean, you can hit WWE with a lot, but moaning because she's lost a few and saying they have turned her into a jobber laughable. 

From what I can work out, she may be going down the route Io Shirai took, by turning heel and actually making her interesting. 

But evil Vince is evil remember 😡

Yeah it was even referenced on commentary about the hard luck run she has been on and how things have been tough and how lost she was feeling recently so its all clearly intentional and part of a longer on going story that will surely result in a heel turn or some sort of change in attitude at the least

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, BomberPat said:

ah well, that's alright then, they've got a great track record of capitalising on losing streak angles, right?

Fully agree, 100%, but that wasn't the point that was being made. It was said she was the jobber of the brand after one loss and a tweet, which is a massive over-reaction.