The NXT Discussion Thread

DJM

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Nick James said:

Fully agree, 100%, but that wasn't the point that was being made. It was said she was the jobber of the brand after one loss and a tweet, which is a massive over-reaction. 

“She’s being jobbed out! She’s being misused!”

51 minutes ago, Nick James said:

Fully agree, 100%, but that wasn't the point that was being made. It was said she was the jobber of the brand after one loss and a tweet, which is a massive over-reaction. 

She hasn’t won a match in NXT for 4 months, she gets her wins on 205 Live against other jobbers. 

They have tons of talent they can put against the likes of Redebuting Kay Lee Ray and title challenger Dakota Kai but instead they use Sarray. 

13 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

She hasn’t won a match in NXT for 4 months, she gets her wins on 205 Live against other jobbers. 

They have tons of talent they can put against the likes of Redebuting Kay Lee Ray and title challenger Dakota Kai but instead they use Sarray. 

She's still not a jobber.

• Paid Members

In fairness to Tilde, I just read a report of NXT this week and the opinion of that writer is that Sarray has been downgraded to a "gatekeeper" role in the new NXT. I'm not sure that comes across but if it's part of the character's story, I think it's akin to a downgrade anyway because they've no success in this sort of thing.

I can understand doubting potential booking etc but that's different to someone just being labelled a jobber because they lost a couple of times.

When Io turned up we were just presented with random Japanese female wrestler who's supposed to be really good. It took them time to work out how to make her interesting beyond that. It was never going to be enough to just be a great wrestler. We know that.

Sarray is in exactly the same position. It just depends on whether they bother to try and develop her into something more interesting or not. Maybe this is their attempt. Will it be successful? Who knows. Probably not.

The WWE have never known how to use Japanese stars.  But also, I genuinely think that most of the time the stars they hire aren't at all a good fit for WWE.

Look at the succession of mega signings NXT has had that turn out to be duds.  Hideo Itami and Kushida have been, frankly, rubbish.  Sarray is another identikit joshi wrestler presented in an identical fashion to every other joshi wrestler that's come in.  Io Shirai and Asuka worked because Shirai completely changed her look and character, and Asuka is an insane badass.

What works in Japan, in front of Japanese audiences and in that style, often doesn't work at all in the US.  Kushida's schtick is particularly naff, and there's nothing in his actual wrestling that sticks out in an NXT full of high flyers, technical wizards, most of whom are considerably larger as well.

To be honest I'm surprised that non of the Japanese crew have been released. 

I selfishly want Io back in Stardom for no other reason than to see her and Utami try to kill each other. 

Edit. 

Io basically being a complete lunatic has probably helped her greatly in NXT.

Edited by The King Of Swing

• Paid Members
On 11/17/2021 at 5:04 PM, WyattSheepMask said:

So Dexter Lumis is dead then, right?

Tony sending a fish isn’t a warning, it’s “Dexter Lumis sleeps with the fishes”, so he’s already dead.

That or his new gimmick is that he has Troy McLure's "appreciation" for aquatic creatures.