The NXT Discussion Thread

DJM

4 minutes ago, Briefcase said:

Is this live on BT Sports tonight or just on WWE Network?

Just the network I believe

There is NXT on BT Sport at 1am but its only scheduled for an 1 hour 45 and doesn't say live so presumably its a repeat of Wednesdays show

• Paid Members

Isn't it that his contract ended on the 3rd, but he's signed a week's extensionnuntik the 10th so he can drop the belt to Bron Breakker this week. Imagine that he could be in NXT on Tuesday and Dynamite on Wednesday, or maybe he shows up at Winter Is Coming? 

Edited by jazzygeofferz

3 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Isn't it that his contract ended on the 3rd, but he's signed a week's extensionnuntik the 10th so he can drop the belt to Bron Breakker this week. Imagine that he could be in NXT on Tuesday and Dynamite on Wednesday, or maybe he shows up at Winter Is Coming? 

Yeah, similar to Adam Cole. He signed a short extension and is then going to "consider his options". I would be astonished if he isn't in AEW before the end of the month.

4 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Gargano contract is up but he isnt Champion

Think you've got confused with Ciampa who is Champ and I haven't heard his contract was coming up

• Paid Members

I really enjoyed the show last night. The women's war games was a little sloppy at times but Cora Jade is absolutely someone you want to cheer and get behind and I quite liked the Io popping her arm back in because "I hate all of you but I need you" gimmick she has going on. 

Bron's a star. I almost want his push to coincide with the Steiners going in the Hall of Fame but if he's not champion by the Royal Rumble I'd be surprised. Pete Dunne needs to be doing something soon though, he feels like he's just stagnant in the middle of the pack right now. 

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, MVP RULZ said:

Gargano contract is up but he isnt Champion

Think you've got confused with Ciampa who is Champ and I haven't heard his contract was coming up

My mistake. In my defence I think the last time I watched NXT was Nakamura Vs Sami Zayn. 

• Paid Members

This is quite possibly the wrong place, but at what point does AEW become oversaturated and no longer the option for people leaving WWE? I get that WWE isn't exactly attractive right now, but you wouldn't think AEW would be much more attractive to Gargano than a fat contract with WWE? What would be his ceiling in AEW? TNT Title? It's a bit different to Cole with him having the tie in with the Elite. I honestly don't think Gargano is leaving (Although I also didn't think Moxley was leaving). It all seems a little too on the nose that he's leaving with Ciampa posting about it possibly being his last night, Gargano posting about it being a good run etc. 

I'd be happy to never see O'Reilly again, anywhere. 

28 minutes ago, Nick James said:

This is quite possibly the wrong place, but at what point does AEW become oversaturated and no longer the option for people leaving WWE? I get that WWE isn't exactly attractive right now, but you wouldn't think AEW would be much more attractive to Gargano than a fat contract with WWE? What would be his ceiling in AEW? TNT Title? It's a bit different to Cole with him having the tie in with the Elite. I honestly don't think Gargano is leaving (Although I also didn't think Moxley was leaving). It all seems a little too on the nose that he's leaving with Ciampa posting about it possibly being his last night, Gargano posting about it being a good run etc. 

I'd be happy to never see O'Reilly again, anywhere. 

The video he released plugging the fact to tune in on Tuesday and he'll tell all. I think he'll just be written off. Candice is due soon with their son isnt she. Wouldnt surprise me if he goes he makes that the reason on TV but ultimately signs with AEW or something

Kyle is a shoe in for AEW, reforming REDragon etc the Undisputed Era stuff.  Longterm the fantasy booker in me has Kenny return with the bucks and feuding with the Undisputed Era... perhaps building to Blood and Guts Superkick a thon

Gargano's a tough one to call, knowing Shawn was his childhood hero and how much he loved WWE when he was growing up etc. So a main roster run in WWE might be more tempting to that inner child voice than AEW. Especially at the moment knowing how many guys have gone there recently. I imagine it's a pretty damn difficult decision for him.

• Paid Members

REDragon Vs FTR could be a good tag match. I prefer O'Reilly to Bobby Fish, but they're both solid hands. 

I think unless they're going to let some talent go when contract season comes up there won't be a lot of new people appearing in AEW. I could be wrong. 

31 minutes ago, 2Xtreme_lives said:

Kyle is a shoe in for AEW, reforming REDragon etc the Undisputed Era stuff.  Longterm the fantasy booker in me has Kenny return with the bucks and feuding with the Undisputed Era... perhaps building to Blood and Guts Superkick a thon

That's exactly what I imagine will happen. Adam Cole will turn on the Bucks in a failed attempt to lead them, align with ReDragon and they'll tie it all into the introduction of the 6 man titles.

And I reckon it'll be Kevin Owens coming in as backup for the Bucks.