The NXT Discussion Thread

DJM

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, andrew "the ref" coyne said:

And time wise is going to head to head with AEW Rampage. Stay classy WWE.

I see what Cody is going to be doing now. 

Interesting that Breaker is already getting booed by the fickle NXT crowd - they had to sweeten the crowd a LOT after he beat Escobar.  It was a good match generally though - as was the Creed Brothers' winning the Dusty Cup.  NXT 2.0 has brought up some great talent.

22 hours ago, Nick James said:

I mean, this is a bit of a reach, isn't it? I'm sure not even people in WWE would see this as counter programming, there are about 5 viewers for 205 Live currently, and 4 of them are backstage monitors, NXT: Level Up or whatever it is, is hardly like extending Smackdown by an hour. 

It's a stretch? It's literally on the same time. I'm merely stating a fact.

But yes extending Smackdown was far more intrusive. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, andrew "the ref" coyne said:

It's a stretch? It's literally on the same time. I'm merely stating a fact.

But yes extending Smackdown was far more intrusive. 

The reach part I was referring to, was the 'Stay classy, WWE' part as though this has been some elaborate mastermind plan to counter programme Rampage and take viewers away. Even WWE won't be expecting huge viewership numbers from this show, it is on at the same time that 205 Live was on, not everything is a massive conspiracy. 

Edited by Nick James

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, TheBurningRed said:

Only seen her match as it’s all over twitter, but I think I’m a bit in love with Nikkita Lyons. Will go out of my way to watch her matches from now on. 

I saw a gif last night when I was going to bed and thought why was ODB in NXT?

Yeah she's impressive.  She's everything they wanted Nia Jax to be but far less shit.    Not sure I like the outfit though - she's thicc as I believe the kids say but it kinda looks like she's wrestling in her bra.

I'm also increasingly impressed with Trick Williams - he's tall, built, he can talk and it looks like he's decent in the ring as well.  I suspect out of him and Carmello, he's got the brighter future.

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, Loki said:

Yeah she's impressive.  She's everything they wanted Nia Jax to be but far less shit. 

Pity she didn’t wrestle like Nia would, stylistically. Rolling through, jumping forearm strikes, the athletic sunset flip move, nipping up instead of just playing off the obvious size, strength, physical toughness advantages. Just reminds me of the Bad Guy slurring to Kev that he should stop doing the leapfrog… “You’re the biggest guy in the company, just let them run into you.” Forget the firecrotch drop, if she’s got mass it needs to be a proper Banzai or Vaderbomb, if she’s strong let’s get a powerbomb over. There’s bare bones there but she’s doing loads of shit she shouldn’t have to.

Come to think of it, between being a powerhouse that does Cruiserweight Moves, some martial arts combos, and wrestling with her tits hanging out, are we sure this isn’t a 15 year olds CAW from Here Comes The Pain?

• Paid Members

With this triple threat announced for next week, do you reckon somebody is going to be asking Bron Breakker about people's chances in the match? 

• Paid Members

I just read somewhere that former NWA World Heavyweight champion Rob Conway is being hired as a producer on NXT? Think that warrants sticking this here. 

On 2/16/2022 at 8:25 AM, Supremo said:

Putting a camera man inside the ring for the cage match on last night’s show was super weird. Not even standing on the apron, the lad was square in the centre of the ring, getting close ups on faces! You could sense what a nightmare all the other camera operators were having trying to shoot the match without showing him. God knows what it must have looked like live in the arena. At best, it just felt silly with the guys trying to play and sell to the camera right in their face and at worst it gave me awful motion sickness, like watching the match in VR.

Weirdly, I actually watched this match in full, which I hardly ever do and I never even noticed the camera man in the cage (which could actually have something to do with the camera work looking back). I actually had to go back to YouTube to work out which match was being referred to. 

I really liked the concept and really helped focus on some of the main points of the match, like putting the zip ties on Dunn and trying to find the appropriate tool in the tool box. 

I don't think we're a million miles away from having automated cameras in the ring though, much like AEW have cameras on the ring posts. 

I'm all up for companies trying new things though and if your going to try it on products like NXT then go for it. If it falls flat it will never be talked about again. 

It’s such a WWE move that after heralding NXT 2.0 as this place where new stars are made and they are getting rid of all the old and stale talent on the roster they 

Spoiler

Put the NXT title on Dolph Ziggler. Can’t wait for Kofi to get brought down there for a really fresh feud.