The NXT Discussion Thread

DJM

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

They definitely didn’t trust Mandy Rose and Cora Jade to have a good match did they? 

It’s neither particularly why Mandy’s there or why she’s over, to be fair.

11 hours ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

So after last night’s show the card for Stand and Deliver looks as follows 

NXT Championship 

Dolph Ziggler (c) vs Bron Breakker

Fatal 4 Way Match For The NXT Women’s Championship 

Mandy Rose (c) vs Kay Lee Ray vs Io Sharai vs Cora Jade

Triple Threat Match For The NXT Tag Team Championships

Imperium (c) vs MSK vs Creed Brothers

5 Way Ladder Match For The NXT North American Championship 

Carmelo Hayes (c) vs Santos Escobar vs Solo Sikoa vs Grayson Waller vs Winner of Triple Threat Second Chance Match

LA Knight vs Gunther

Tomasso Ciampa vs Tony D’Angelo

They sure do love their multi-person matches dont they! 

LA Knight v Gunther is a fascinating matchup.  Knight's been doing very credible work for 12 months now, and since 2.0 has kicked in it feels like he fits in better to the rest of the product, as even though he can hang with the faster chaps, his style is very WWE main roster.  So putting him against Gunther feels like a mismatch, but one that might potentially make for a great match.

Once we're past WM season I can see Knight getting a call up.  There's no point in him being on the development show, he's oven ready for Raw or Smackdown, and if they're not interested in him beyond where he is now he'd be better off going somewhere else frankly.

I hope D'Angleo gets a solid win off Ciampa (likely if Ciampa is leaving the territory), it should position him for a title shot and frankly he looks like a real prospect.  I love the float-over into the pin on his finisher.

• 2 weeks later...

Gonna spoiler it in case people are thread hopping, since it was on at an odd time:

Spoiler

Bron looked like a right chump at the end there. Proper put down. Really should have just pulled the trigger on a big, feel good win with the Steiners coming down. I was never really massive into the old NXT but watching one of the 2.0 specials for the first time, it's amazing how much its stock has dropped. Just like a decent episode of Smackdown on a week where its biggest stars missed a flight. 

That was probably the craziest ladder match in a number of years, though. Proper WCW 2000 levels of batshit insanity. Worth checking out, I suppose.

I know he's a millionaire and nobody knows the full story but can't help but feel bad for Triple H. Between the Hall of Fame last night and coming out here, he looks proper shook. Was good to see him, to be honest, and a real genuine moment between him and Ciampa.  

Edited by Gay as FOOK