The NXT Discussion Thread

DJM

3 hours ago, Callum1993 said:

It’s such a WWE move that after heralding NXT 2.0 as this place where new stars are made and they are getting rid of all the old and stale talent on the roster they 

Hide contents

Put the NXT title on Dolph Ziggler. Can’t wait for Kofi to get brought down there for a really fresh feud. 

It makes sense from a booking perspective though, a short reign through to Mania weekend then put Bron over in front of NXT’s biggest crowd in 2 years 

58 minutes ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

It makes sense from a booking perspective though, a short reign through to Mania weekend then put Bron over in front of NXT’s biggest crowd in 2 years 

But isn’t it lessened by having had Bron already hold the belt (albeit for a short time). Granted, he can say that he wasn’t the one beaten, but nothing gets a face over quite like having a moan about being the victim of circumstance.

It’s the same as when they tried to crown Roman at WM32. He got the confetti and the fireworks to close the show, ushering in this new era & champion, and all you had to do was ignore the fact that he’d already won and lost the belt twice in the 5 months previous.

If you want have the crowning moment that’s fine, but the timing is everything. The boyhood dream didn’t come true for Shawn Michaels after having already won & lost the belt

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

We're also operating in a different era though, where there are more television hours to fill, more 'special' editions of NXT to promote to drive ratings, etc. 

No issue with the booking at all here - it's a surprise result that generates some buzz, actually freshens things up a bit for Ziggler for a short spell, and you'll get your big moment with Bron regaining the gold on 'Mania weekend. They'll live off the videos/photos and content collected with him picking up the title on 'Mania weekend for a good while. He didn't take the fall and it'll be quite easy to build him back up over the course of the next few weeks. 

On the point of having someone like Kofi or another stale-ish act coming to NXT ala Ziggler - no issue with this whatsoever in principal. It freshens things up for all concerned and keeps things relatively interesting. It also further integrates the NXT contingent onto the main shows for additional build, which will only accelerate their development.

• Paid Members

Imagine the scene. Scott & Rick go into the Hall Of Fame on the Friday (allegedly) then their boy Bron wins the belt from Ziggles over the Mania weekend. What a great feel good story. Hopefully it's only Rick that turns up to accept as I dread to think what Scott's acceptance speech would be like. Probably delivered in Morse code. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz

1 hour ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Imagine the scene. Scott & Rick go into the Hall Of Fame on the Friday (allegedly) then their boy Bron wins the belt from Ziggles over the Mania weekend. What a great feel good story. Hopefully it's only Rick that turns up to accept as I dread to think what Scott's acceptance speech would be like. Probably delivered in Morse code. 

I wonder if that’s part of the reason they’re doing the HoF after Smackdown so they can get the bleeper ready for the amount of F bombs Scotty drops

• Paid Members

Has a rematch been announced? Part of me thinks Bron being on Raw this week and not being the one pinned feels like they're about to hot shot him onto the main roster full time just in time for Mania season. 

Could we maybe see him beat Ricochet for the IC title and have him bump like mad for Bron? 

Just now, Shy Dad said:

Could we maybe see him beat Ricochet for the IC title and have him bump like mad for Bron? 

Has Bron exclusively been on RAW so far? Would be a bit random for him to show up on SmackDown if so .. not that WWE really care about stuff like that.

• Awards Moderator
40 minutes ago, Shy Dad said:

Has a rematch been announced? Part of me thinks Bron being on Raw this week and not being the one pinned feels like they're about to hot shot him onto the main roster full time just in time for Mania season. 

This post makes me think I've lost track of WWE so much I mustn't have bothered to read the Smackers results. I had no idea Ricochet was the IC Champion right now.

On 3/9/2022 at 6:44 AM, Callum1993 said:

It’s such a WWE move that after heralding NXT 2.0 as this place where new stars are made and they are getting rid of all the old and stale talent on the roster they 

Hide contents

Put the NXT title on Dolph Ziggler. Can’t wait for Kofi to get brought down there for a really fresh feud. 

It's a bizarre choice.  I can only assume they want some mayhem for Wrestlemania weekend.

Spoiler

Ziggler presumably turned up with the belt on Raw?  Unless he's going to get a permanent transfer down to NXT, it feels like cutting the legs off the brand.

Edited by Loki

So after last night’s show the card for Stand and Deliver looks as follows 

NXT Championship 

Dolph Ziggler (c) vs Bron Breakker

Fatal 4 Way Match For The NXT Women’s Championship 

Mandy Rose (c) vs Kay Lee Ray vs Io Sharai vs Cora Jade

Triple Threat Match For The NXT Tag Team Championships

Imperium (c) vs MSK vs Creed Brothers

5 Way Ladder Match For The NXT North American Championship 

Carmelo Hayes (c) vs Santos Escobar vs Solo Sikoa vs Grayson Waller vs Winner of Triple Threat Second Chance Match

LA Knight vs Gunther

Tomasso Ciampa vs Tony D’Angelo