RIP Brodie Lee

IANdrewDiceClay

Heartbreaking news, just after Christmas too. Was loving Brodie as the leader of Dark Order and his interactions with everyone on BTE

Whats really got my goat though is the absolute lowlife cunts on the WWE, Triple H and Stephanie posts trying desperately to make this tragedy an AEW v WWE thing. Can’t just leave that shite in the bin for one god damned day can they?

Kinda feels irrelevant for me to talk about his ups and downs as a wrestler when clearly him as a person was far more important to those around him and his family. Shit booking decisions etc just don't matter because it's obvious that we've just lost a really fucking good guy. And that's the saddest thing of all. What a terrible loss.

Sounds like AEW really looked after him and his family though so good for them.

• Paid Members

We’ve seen lots of deaths in wrestling, but I’ve found this one really the saddest, up there with the death of Chadwick Boseman as being so unexpected.  The love being shown on social media shows the kind of person he was.  So very, very sad.

6 minutes ago, stewdogg said:

Why you lying for? Are you one of them utter tits moaning about the way he was booked and sat at home for 6 months? Grow up

I think that’s what the poster is saying. That some people are moaning about how he was booked and trying to turn it into something it doesn’t need to be. 

This is really hard to process. Brodie had become one of my favourite acts in AEW and, as a wrestler, had been having an incredible year. That makes his death and how sudden this feels all the more shocking and puts how fragile life is into perspective.

Brodie always came across like a great guy in interviews, and the reaction on social media and memories being shared by wrestlers makes you realise just how great he was. This is just heartbreaking.

• Paid Members

I'm pretty stunned, I assumed he had torn a muscle or something and would be back to Dynamite any minute. Truly tragic loss. Sounds like he was a really good dude.

• Paid Members

Wow. I thought he was underutilised in WWE because you could tell he had some great matches in him, and for some reason I wasn't watching AEW when he came in as Mr Brodie Lee, but think I possibly owe it to myself to see whether any of it's still available on catch up. I've just turned 41 myself, so this is a scary glimpse at my own mortality. Horrible loss. Stunned. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz