RIP Brodie Lee

IANdrewDiceClay

15 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:
  Reveal hidden contents

But your speculating. That’s no better then this article (and I’ve seen nothing to suggest Long Covid is deadly, just you get long lasting side effects)

People have died from it, I remember a guy from near me dying a few months after coming out of hospital but you’re right, let’s not detract from what a utterly scumbag article that is. 

41 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:
  Hide contents

But your speculating. That’s no better then this article (and I’ve seen nothing to suggest Long Covid is deadly, just you get long lasting side effects)

Me? I’m not speculating at all. Long COVID can be ruinous to your life, we absolutely know that at this point. You don’t have to die for that to be the case although that can happen. 

It’s not speculation at all to say the fact someone had a lung condition illustrates that vulnerable people are working in wrestling, and I think it’s fair to say that wrestling companies should take stock of what they’re doing on that basis. 

I completely agree with your assessment of the article - but I don’t agree that this shouldn’t have any implication on how companies operate in a country which has allowed COVID to spread to the point it’s out of control everywhere. There will be wrestlers who are vulnerable to this virus, and you never know who they may be.

Edited by RedRooster

Horrible news. I wondered why Brodie Lee was gone from TV for the last few months and this sadly explains that. 

What makes that article worse is the fact that Brodie Lee’s body won’t even be cold, yet there’s an article of pure speculation surrounding the circumstances of his death less than a day after his death was announced. I feel sorry for his friends but most of all, I feel sorry for his family that he left behind. Whatever it was that killed him, 41 is no age at all. RIP.

Honest to fuck, cant we have a respectful thread about the guys life and career without it turning into a witch-hunt against companies when there’s nothing To say it’s needed yet. Take that elsewhere 

47 minutes ago, Louch said:

Honest to fuck, cant we have a respectful thread about the guys life and career without it turning into a witch-hunt against companies when there’s nothing To say it’s needed yet. Take that elsewhere 

I think you’re either misunderstanding or misinterpreting what I’ve said. All I’m trying to say is while I do agree that the article was unhelpful, it’s easy to think of wrestlers as young and fit and less likely to be impacted by COVID, but this is evidence of vulnerability of an individual, not negligence by a company.

But perhaps that should act as a reminder to AEW and WWE to be extra cautious about what they do in terms of social distancing, lumberjack matches, Battle Royales etc as you never know who you might be putting at risk.

Clearly I’m not trying to start a ‘witch hunt’ or suggesting there should be one. All I’m suggesting is that they should be thinking ‘is it worth recording a Dark Order party in an enclosed space for BTE?’ or ‘should we have a packed ring for the Royal Rumble this year?’ and assessing every decision they make because you never know who might be vulnerable to COVID. Vulnerabilities can be completely invisible.

I don’t think it’s disrespectful in any way to say that.

I feel I’ve made my point so I’m not going to go on about it further so that the thread doesn’t get derailed. 

Edited by RedRooster

• Paid Members

Does anyone know if they've taped AEW in advance for Wednesday? I know last week's was a pre record but I'm not sure on this. 

It'll be interesting tonight to see how Raw is as well. There's such a lot of love for him in the locker room still you'd think they'd be pushing for a proper memorial for him. 

4 minutes ago, Shy Dad said:

Does anyone know if they've taped AEW in advance for Wednesday? I know last week's was a pre record but I'm not sure on this. 

It'll be interesting tonight to see how Raw is as well. There's such a lot of love for him in the locker room still you'd think they'd be pushing for a proper memorial for him. 

You'd think on a 3 hour Raw they could definitely afford a few minutes to do something for the guy.

• Paid Members

Just watched the BTE tribute and my god, that was great. I laughed every time the papers bounced off of Evil Uno's head, so touching, hilarious and upsetting. 

I have only seen a few of these segments, but if those segments were shown on Dynamite, The Dark Order would be the biggest face group in wrestling right now.

• Paid Members

The news of Brodie's passing hit like a tonne of bricks. Over the years it's easy to become a little desensitised to wrestler's dying young. The life in the fast lane of these guys and girls led to so many unfortunate deaths. 

Brodie dying is something else entirely. In the past ten or so years the early deaths seem to have gotten a little less common, running parallel to the drug use seeming to be less rampant. So a young man of 41, who we all thought to have been in good health and just off tv resting up, passing away due to general health issues, is just incredibly sad and shocking.

That there has been such an outpouring of love for him since the news broke, shows how highly regarded he was as a man and how great of a loss he truly was. He must have been an absolute gem. My heart goes out to his poor family for what they are going through. 

Edited by WeeAl