RIP Brodie Lee

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Seemingly WWE were waiting for AEW to do their full tribute first before they did there’s, which is classy really.

Oops, great minds and all that.

Edited by Thunderplex

• Paid Members

Smackdown spoilers 

Spoiler

Skim watched, but nothing others the graphic at the start. But Big E during a backstage interview managed to fit Rochester, Amanda, Nolan and the Toronto Maple Leafs into his response which was a subtle and lovely touch

1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Smackdown spoilers 

Hide contents

Skim watched, but nothing others the graphic at the start. But Big E during a backstage interview managed to fit Rochester, Amanda, Nolan and the Toronto Maple Leafs into his response which was a subtle and lovely touch

A number of talents also had the Brodie armbands on. Big E did the gator roll and a yeah yeah yeah. I think Corey referenced Big Rig at one point. 

Pearce said 'you know what that means' on a backstage segment.

And Cesaro took a discus clothesline from Otis.

I think that was everything I noticed.

• Paid Members

anyone else find it weird that there seems to be a lot of discussion going on on twitter about how AEW are gonna integrate Brodie Jr. into the TV show as a regular character? 

...not forgetting to mention the creation and subsequent shutting down of a fake Brodie Jr. account that was created yesterday.

What's wrong with wrestling fans?

Discussion among who? We've just had a show dedicated to the kid's dad, where the lad was integrated into a couple of spots which give him some more happy memories. Wrestling fans are always going to put 2 and 2 together and get 9.

I know AEW are donating ticket sales to the Hubers and have launched some memorial t shirts, but I'd really like them to issue that show as a DVD or other media. It was a genuinely great show. 

Edited by CavemanLynn

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

anyone else find it weird that there seems to be a lot of discussion going on on twitter about how AEW are gonna integrate Brodie Jr. into the TV show as a regular character? 

Yes, which is why I don't think that offering an 8 year old child a wrestling contract was necessarily a well thought out idea. Obviously a good gesture, but there are other ways of offering good gestures with wrestling fans being wrestling fans....

• Paid Members

Running your promotion in a manner that stops pro-wrestling fans being weird and creepy is nigh on impossible.

We saw in this very thread with Raw that it doesn't matter what you do, whether it's too much or too little, there's a certain subsection of oddballs who'll complain or act up regardless. Both companies, but AEW in particular, have done an absolutely incredible job this past week and the last thing anyone should be doing is criticising them. Everything everyone has done for that kid and his family has been some of the sweetest stuff I could possibly imagine. Seeing videos of him smashing shit out of everyone backstage at Dynamite and then at the New Year's Eve Party was brilliant. If people viewed it differently then that's on them.

If anything, I think Brodie Lee's death has really highlighted just how far those in the business have come in terms of maturity and the handling of a sensitive subject, and it's been some of the fans who've let everyone down and continued the pro-wrestling trend of being freaks who act like they've come from another dimension.

Edited by Supremo