RIP Brodie Lee

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Egg Shen said:

That probably isnt the case, the guy simply didn't work there anymore. The actual company the man was employed by is doing a tribute show for him tonight. I dont really see the issue.

Agreed.

WWE have done some shitty things over the years but the idea that they had some personal grudge against the guy for jumping to AEW is ridiculous. They've made up with countless people that they've had serious heat with, even working with them again, but Brodie giving them a ton of notice that he was unhappy and wanted to leave is somehow unforgivable?

Load of shite.

3 hours ago, Tsurutagun said:

Those people are stuck in a war mentality like it was in the eighties and the Monday Night war and the fact they couldn't do a couple of minutes video package in a 3 hour show proves it

Nah, this is bollocks. They were under absolutely no obligation to do anything, and had they done nothing they’d have been moaned at. The fact that they DID pay tribute to him, when they didn’t have to, is a mark of respect to a man that died young. Moaning about how much or how little they did certainly isn’t respectful. 

We never had any of these arguments before Diana died. Started all this grief Olympics off. Telling people the level they should grieve or pay tribute to others is pretty low brow, leave it as a personal choice. 

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Tsurutagun said:

We all know the reason why he didn't get the video package treatment on RAW. In some people's minds, those being key players backstage, Brodie is an AEW guy who turned his back on WWE. These are the people who got the announcers to bury WCW during the Sting/Triple H match, that call other promotions minor league on television. Those people are stuck in a war mentality like it was in the eighties and the Monday Night war and the fact they couldn't do a couple of minutes video package in a 3 hour show proves it

Did they do video packages for Shad Gaspard, Brian Christopher, Tracy Smothers, Road Warrior Animal and Vader? They're the recent wrestling deaths that immediately come to mind and none of them worked for AEW.

Genuine question by the way. They might have. I've no idea because I'm a normal human being who wouldn't dream of telling people how to grieve or pay tribute when they lose someone they actually knew rather than just watched on TV.

If they all got video packages without exception then you might have a point. If they didn't then you're talking absolute shit and it's actually the wrestling fans, not those in the company, that have a wanky obsession with competition.

Brodie was on AEW's Unrestricted podcast a few weeks ago. Feels weird now considering the circumstances but I'm hoping to find the time to listen or watch the whole thing soon. The bits I've seen he seemed super happy with where his career was.

Edited by Supremo

I haven't followed wrestlers on Twitter for a long time but I just read through Big E's feed, some brilliant little stories. Definitely worth a few minutes of your time.

As for Raw, like some others I was hoping to see a short video and it's the only reason I read the results, but what they did was fine for their position. They can do other things on the Network, they can work on something else, they did have Woods and Kofi discuss Brodie on Raw Talk - and I also thought that some of the more iconic shots of Luke Harper and action revolving around him involve Dean Ambrose. They can do what they like, eh.

4 hours ago, Tsurutagun said:

We all know the reason why he didn't get the video package treatment on RAW. In some people's minds, those being key players backstage, Brodie is an AEW guy who turned his back on WWE. These are the people who got the announcers to bury WCW during the Sting/Triple H match, that call other promotions minor league on television. Those people are stuck in a war mentality like it was in the eighties and the Monday Night war and the fact they couldn't do a couple of minutes video package in a 3 hour show proves it

Why didn't they stop the use of the discus clothesline? Or bleep Drew from saying something? Or bleep Alexa? Or bleep Kofi and Woods on Raw Talk?

If they're going to blacklist a guy and shit all over him because he went to AEW then they did a really fucking shit job of it.

23 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Did they do video packages for Shad Gaspard, Brian Christopher, Tracy Smothers, Road Warrior Animal and Vader? They're the recent wrestling deaths that immediately come to mind and none of them worked for AEW.

Genuine question by the way. They might have. I've no idea because I'm a normal human being who wouldn't dream of telling people how to grieve or pay tribute when they lose someone they actually knew rather than just watched on TV.

If they all got video packages without exception then you might have a point. If they didn't then you're talking absolute shit and it's actually the wrestling fans, not those in the company, that have a wanky obsession with competition.

I know they had a few things online for Shad - star sharing stories etc. That's kinda what I'm expecting them to do with Brodie as everyone seems to have a lot to say about the guy and it'll be a nice way of sharing things.

Most tend to get the graphic, plus the social media posts and probably an article on the website, and maybe a playlist on the Network or something. All nice ways of paying tribute really.

The whole ten bell salute or tribute show or full video package stuff really doesn't happen too often.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

Why didn't they stop the use of the discus clothesline? Or bleep Drew from saying something? Or bleep Alexa? Or bleep Kofi and Woods on Raw Talk?

If they're going to blacklist a guy and shit all over him because he went to AEW then they did a really fucking shit job of it.

The commentators - who if we're to believe reports pretty much just relay every single word Vince McMahon feeds them - started the show with, "it's Monday, you know what that means." Weird way kick off if they considered Brodie Lee an AEW turncoat who they didn't want to pay tribute to.

EDIT: Xavier Woods is currently tweeting about tonight's episode of Dynamite, so I assume the big bad WWE will sack him later this week.

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members

I'm sure its designed as a well meaning gesture to support the family, but does anyone else find the contract offer to Brodie Lee's 8 year old son as a little odd? Surely he's much too young to decide what he wants to do. I'm sure they won't hold him to it if he decides not to go into wrestling, but its also a hell of an assumption that AEW will still be around in 13 years.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/12/30/aew-signs-brodie-lees-son-to-contract-after-wrestlers-tragic-death-13823208/

It’s just a nice gesture, not sure they really can contract someone out at that age without all kinds of things in place. He’s not really the champion either in case you are worried he’s gonna get hurt in matches defending it 

42 minutes ago, Louch said:

It’s just a nice gesture, not sure they really can contract someone out at that age without all kinds of things in place. He’s not really the champion either in case you are worried he’s gonna get hurt in matches defending it 

The kid is probably better than Joey Janela already