RIP Brodie Lee

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, mim731 said:

I know it's very early, but anyone got any good match recommendations to go back and watch in celebration of his life and work?

I know he's lumped in there with 5 other guys, but the Shield VS Wyatt Family match at whatever the February PPV was called that year was incredible. Easily the best 6-man I've ever watched and probably one of my favourite matches period. 

I really liked Harper/Lee, very talented guy with a brilliant unique look. Seemed like such a genuinely nice guy, loved reading Big E's tweets with stories of him today. Thoughts are with his family. RIP

• Paid Members

His little run as TNT Champion is great. Fantastic squash of Cody to win the belt, crazy scenes afterwards, couple of fun title defences against Dustin and Orange Cassidy, fantastic pull apart angle when Cody returned and then a belter of a dog collar match. His AEW title match with Moxley was great, too. I’m so glad he had the chance to bet on himself and prove what he was capable of.

Obviously, the saddest thing here is that a wife and two young children have lost their dad. From a wrestling perspective though, that’s the real tragedy here. After a rocky start in AEW he’d found his stride and had so many great directions to go in. He was exactly what this company needed, a big hoss who could work his arse off and cut top quality promos. Once the character was nailed down it felt like anything was possible. Such a shame we’ll never see him mix it up with everyone. I was so excited for the eventual Colt Cabana match after they’d done such a good job setting it up. He was well on his way to having a Moxley-style, “I told you so,” run.

Edited by Supremo

This has just made me feel sadder and sadder by the hour, such a senseless, needless loss of life. The out pouring of love toward him speaks volumes.

Bray's post is heart wrenching the 'i'll put him over' 'we were supposed to be old fat and usless running Wyatt Family spots' and 'save me a seat beside you, that's where I belong' filled my eyes with tears. 

Rest in Peace.  

Absolutely horrible news and there's not much I can add that's not already been said. He's easily one of my favourite modern day hosses and had that proper old school vibe of a wrestler that could fuck you despite him being a legit nice guy who seems popular with everyone he worked with. A massive loss to wrestling and the world too. Plus Swamp Gas is one of the greatest themes ever. I'll miss you big guy.

1 hour ago, Supremo said:

His little run as TNT Champion is great. Fantastic squash of Cody to win the belt, crazy scenes afterwards, couple of fun title defences against Dustin and Orange Cassidy, fantastic pull apart angle when Cody returned and then a belter of a dog collar match. His AEW title match with Moxley was great, too. I’m so glad he had the chance to bet on himself and prove what he was capable of.

Obviously, the saddest thing here is that a wife and two young children have lost their dad. From a wrestling perspective though, that’s the real tragedy here. After a rocky start in AEW he’d found his stride and had so many great directions to go in. He was exactly what this company needed, a big hoss who could work his arse off and cut top quality promos. Once the character was nailed down it felt like anything was possible. Such a shame we’ll never see him mix it up with everyone. I was so excited for the eventual Colt Cabana match after they’d done such a good job setting it up. He was well on his way to having a Moxley-style, “I told you so,” run.

Watching back, it’s easy to forget with how long this year has felt that he debuted in the no fans era first show. Not even sure they had their thousand or so back in by time he was gone. 

• Paid Members
22 minutes ago, Louch said:

Watching back, it’s easy to forget with how long this year has felt that he debuted in the no fans era first show. Not even sure they had their thousand or so back in by time he was gone. 

That sounds like a carny joke where he might be said to be one of the best main eventers to never draw a penny from the live gate.

I remember Edge on a Podcast with Jericho I think saying how Harper had absolutely everything to be a star. I had always thought he was good but started to really watch him and he was superb. Was really happy that he seemed to be enjoying himself on AEW and breaking out as a great singles guy. 

This is just a bolt from nowhere and it fucking sucks. I hope his wife and kids are ok, and that it may be some small comfort in the days/weeks/months and years to come that their husband and father seemed to be absolutely loved by every single person he worked with. Says a lot about the man. 

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, PunkStep said:

I know he's lumped in there with 5 other guys, but the Shield VS Wyatt Family match at whatever the February PPV was called that year was incredible. Easily the best 6-man I've ever watched and probably one of my favourite matches period. 

It was the Wyatt Family who got me back watching the WWE.  His facial expressions were Amazing.  One second he looked like he was going to rip someone’s face off, then Bray would come over, and his eyes would roll back and he’d look like a soppy Labrador.