RIP Brodie Lee

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Absolutely awful news. A real punch to the stomach. I was always a huge fan. The podcast he did with Jericho earlier this year was great. Seemed like a super nice guy who just wanted to prove himself. Turning down the six figures WWE were offering him to sit at home, I'm glad he got the chance and succeeded at showing how good he was before passing. Both matches with Cody were some of the best of the year.

Edited by Supremo

This totally sucks, for his family and his fans and colleagues, he still had so much more to give. Only 4 years older than me, it's terrifying. I don't remember ever wanting to post a comment in these types of threads, who cares about my opinion etc., but I lost my dad to cancer this year and this brings back to the surface some of those feelings. In June he was fine (on the outside) and exactly 8 weeks later he was gone. It's been the same kind of timeframe since Brodie Lee was on our screens hitting a home run, at the peak of his powers. These things can be tough to comprehend.

I managed to catch some Brodie interviews/podcasts too this year and he just sounded like the man - passionate and determined and excited for the future. Another good guy taken far too soon.

I just saw some wrestlers posting pictures of Brodie on Twitter without context. At first I thought perhaps he’s making a big return ... then as I scrolled past more and more images from more and more people I started to get a sickly, sinking feeling in my stomach.

Absolutely gutted. As a fan I feel like I’m missing out on an immense talent. As a man I’m just utterly shocked and saddened for his family. He really will be missed.

RIP

I'm absolutely gobsmacked. Just woke up to the news after a mate had shared a post on Facebook. One of those rare occasions where I wanted it to be a tasteless joke.

Fucking hell. I, like a lot of others in the AEW thread, were really looking forward to what could happen when he returned, particularly between him and Hangman. His morphing in to the suited cult leader, the work with Colt Cabana has all been fantastic but it felt like he had so much more to add and there was great stuff to come. Fuck.

Edited by cobra_gordo

Gutting. 

You get a bit numb to news of wrestling deaths, but this one has hit me hard, probably because he was such a (by all accounts) great family man. 

I'm not gonna say I'm his biggest fan but I always enjoyed watching him perform, whether it was the indies, WWE or AEW. 

RIP Brodie Lee. 

• Paid Members

This is absolutely horrible. Far, far too young. And for a guy as talented as him it felt like after years career of frustration he was finally getting the chance to be the wrestler he wanted to be. His final work was that incredible backstage promo and great match with Cody. The massive outpouring from wrestlers is much more heartfelt and hurting than usual...he must have been a lovely bloke.

Wow i think as we all are right now shocked is an understatement. I just heard about his passing on youtube of all places and my heart sunk.
As its been mentioned by pretty much everyone i think Brody was a phenominal big man talent that for so many years in the WWE was under used and criminally underrated.

R.I.P and my thoughts and love go to his wife and 2 kids at this time 

• Paid Members

Stunned by this. I'm a bit old to have favourite wrestlers but Harper/Brodie has been one of my favourite watches for the last 7-8 years. He was so good and he's a big loss to wrestling. 

That's all irrelevant though. I'm devastated for his family losing him at such a young age. Life is so hideously unfair 😪 

• Awards Moderator

Absolutely shocked to see this when I  went onto Instagram this morning. Terrible, terrible news. I always liked him as Luke Harper and he was really starting to click in AEW; those Cody matches were excellent and showed what a talent he was. His poor family. 

Fuck.