RIP Brodie Lee

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

https://411mania.com/wrestling/more-details-on-passing-of-brodie-lee-how-long-he-dealt-with-condition/

There's not much by way of further details but it does state that his lungs ceased functioning and he was hospitalised for most of the last few months. Absolutely horrific if true. Some illnesses are just so callous. 

• Paid Members

I think in many cases a lot of those are gonna be Brodie's favourites too. A lot of Chikara and indie alum from his time before WWE on there, then people like Butcher who he was close too, the Dark Order etc. Honestly I've got work at 5am Thursday and I may have to sleep all day Wednesday to watch this. I honestly think it could be in many ways the best Wrestling show of the year and a true, beautiful 2 hours of people showing how much they loved Brodie.

I think “too little, too late” is harsh on Keller.

He posted a statement the same day that the article blew up saying it had not gone through the usual editing process before being published on their site and apologised for that.

Then the next day he had fired the guy who he had worked alongside for 30 years because it was the right thing to do.

• Paid Members

This has generated a bit of controversy over on Twitter with people slamming WWE for their alleged 'disrespectful handling' of the situation and others going to other way and saying that he is using the situation to have a pop at WWE for how they have treated Myers this year.

I can see both sides of the coin in some respects, but according to a few dirt sheets, there was quite a few tribute videos filmed prior to RAW which makes me think a network special may be in the pipeline, but they could have also done a video package on RAW like they have on YouTube. 

Edited by Nick James

I see Myers as a bloke grieving because his friend has just suddenly died, they are definitely doing more stuff on the network/maybe Smackdown. 

No time for WWE but they were gonna be fucked either way here. It's cool to be a cunt to them at the moment because the TV product is dead as hell, they're shady as and because he couldn't do an accent that Vince HATED him.

In reality they did minor and tasteful tributes to a guy who didn't currently work for them, which got them stick for not going big, which would have also got them stick for looking like they'd be crowbaring their way into grieving before AEW and 'nicking' the tribute. 

Basically it's fans not being satisfied with their personal minor specifics and therefore it's ALL wrong.

People replied to Vince's tribute tweet calling him a hypocrite and saying how shit he treated him etc.

Yet the same people moan about Raw not having enough tributes. They do know Vince runs Raw right? Idiots.

Of all the things to hate on WWE for, this isn't one of them. Plenty of subtle tributes throughout the night from various superstars, as well as commentary mentions and the online stuff etc. The way some are acting it's like they blacklisted the guy and didn't even mention him. Bullshit.

I get they're upset about losing him but compare what he got to the majority of other deaths over the years and he probably got more not less. If he got way more then you'd get other people moaning about previous deaths not getting as much.

I know it's a hole they've dug for themselves over the years but just because it's WWE, it doesn't make absolutely everything wrong.

Said it an increasing number of times on here the last few months, reading and giving any credence to the replies to any wresting post on Twitter and Facebook has no value as it’s mostly complete mutants you’d have no interaction with in real life  

• Paid Members

I wouldn't go hard on them. As has been said, they can't really win. Being 100% honest, I was surprised there wasn't some sort of video package. I seem to recall that there wasn't for Big Shad either so it's probably just a decision they've made to only do that for a certain level of "legend" but I think it would have been nice in both cases to do a bit more.