Vince owns their real names now as well

hallicks

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

So now Trump is on the way out, does that means there is more of a chance of sorting this independent contractor bullshit out?

Nah. No President is ever going to sort it out. America just isn't built that way.

The only way it'll get fixed is if a wrestler manages to get to court and win. That would take a wrestler with a shit load of money to burn, who has only recently left the company and who is willing to sacrifice their future wrestling career to help everybody else. It'll never happen.

Daffney's lawsuit against TNA is probably the closest it was ever going to get.

• Paid Members
57 minutes ago, unfitfinlay said:

Nah. No President is ever going to sort it out. America just isn't built that way.

The only way it'll get fixed is if a wrestler manages to get to court and win. That would take a wrestler with a shit load of money to burn, who has only recently left the company and who is willing to sacrifice their future wrestling career to help everybody else. It'll never happen.

Daffney's lawsuit against TNA is probably the closest it was ever going to get.

Looks like there’s already talk https://esportsobserver.com/andrew-yang-nlrb-wwe/

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

11 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I don’t agree with Vince’s decision at all. But if I did that video about my Employer  in that way, I’d be getting a P45 tomorrow 

While i don't disagree with you at all. Really at this point what does she have to loose?
She can't wrestle anymore......she gets called up to do a few media appearances here and there.....It's wrestlers like Paige that this bullshit really will effect

At least for active talent they have a means of making money, for non-active talent I'm not sure what the arrangement is but you'd imagine there's a pretty substantial short fall.

That said, there's always the Pontins money to fall back on. 

8 hours ago, Kfogg1991 said:

While i don't disagree with you at all. Really at this point what does she have to loose?
She can't wrestle anymore......she gets called up to do a few media appearances here and there.....It's wrestlers like Paige that this bullshit really will effect

Probably that $250,000 a year the WWE pay her. 

• Paid Members
49 minutes ago, DCW said:

What sort of money can be made on this twitch stuff? is it similar to the likes of Danielle Lloyd making 100k+ a month on that only fans thing?

I've seen somewhere else breaking it down and this sounds plausible, as the majority pay $4,99 a month. This link (admittedly 411mania, but still - https://411mania.com/wrestling/paige-not-getting-rid-twitch-estimate-income-platform/) puts it as expecting that she'll earn around $600,000 per year from Twitch, although acknowledges that it'll fluctuate and that's on the high end.

2 hours ago, scratchdj said:

I really don’t understand such things and so thought Twitch was for streaming games? I also thought it was free.

So does Paige basically charge people to watch her play video games? There’s a market for that? Genuinely interested as that’s all new to me.

The basic thing is free, but I imagine it’s similar to things like Patreon whereby you also have tiers that people can subscribe to and get additional/exclusive content. You have to work dam hard at it to make any sort of money out of it, but yeah there is a market for it.

It’s a similar situation to the whole Metallica/Napster thing. I can understand Vince/WWE putting the skids on people using their WWE names/likenesses etc on other platforms for financial gain and for which WWE are not getting anything out of it, but the way that they’ve gone about it seems to have been completely misguided and kneejerk. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, scratchdj said:

So does Paige basically charge people to watch her play video games? There’s a market for that? Genuinely interested as that’s all new to me.

The market for that is huge buddy. KSI initially came to prominence playing FIFA while people watched, though I'm not sure that was on Twitch, or if you look at someone like Ninja who has 16 million youtube followers and over half a billion views. I'm sure there are plenty of others but they are the first 2 that spring to mind. 

• Paid Members

I've never watched Paige streaming(or anyone for that matter), as it simply does not interest me. I saw somewhere else that she doesn't actually play games herself, and that the main reason people sub is because she talks and answers questions in lingerie and skimpy outfits. I even saw someone claim that she was showing a games stream, but someone else was playing it, and she was just dicking around with a controller. 

Can someone who is more clued up than me confirm/deny this. 

It doesn't make much of a difference though. If she has found a niche that allows her to earn a brilliant living, then more power to her! 

• Paid Members

Twitch has 3 different subscriber tiers. The lowest is £4.99 a month, then a tenner, then the top one is £25. Sometimes you can set things where your chat is only for subscribers, so if people want to comment in real time, ask questions etc they'd have to subscribe at tier 1. The only other stuff you tend to get for subscribing at higher tiers that I can remember off the top of my head is that you get extra emojis to use in the chat. 

Twitch doesn't have to just be streaming videogames. You'd be surprised, or maybe not, at how many channels are just girls sat on their beds talking to the chat. Some people DJ live on their, John Robertson does his Dark Room interactive show on there every week/couple of days. Dominik Diamond, and Iain Lee have what is ostensibly a phone in/talk radio show (not together) on there. If you're engaging enough you can get plenty of viewers/followers/subscribers on there, and any money through subscriptions/donations is split 50/50 with Twitch. It can be a handy little earner. If Paige/Saraya does have all those subscribers while she's just shooting the breeze, selling her makeup and messing around on videogames then she'd be able to make something approaching what WWE pay her. 

I watched a comedian during the first lockdown open a massive bag of tea bags (1100 bag IIRC) and count them on Twitch to see if there was actually that number. *spoiler* there was.

Not my proudest moment.

Anyway, Paige can always give up twitching and rely on her super talented, not problematic at all boyfriend to support her...