Vince owns their real names now as well

hallicks

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2020/09/exclusive-vince-mcmahon-threatens-to-punish-talent-engaging-674408/

Bad news for fans and fappers alike, Vince is shutting down wrestlers using 3rd party revenue generators like Twitch to make cash. Possibly incentivizing people looking to get out, they can get fired if they continue. I can't imagine a legal challenge (because nobody can ever be arsed), so it's another interesting step away from independent contractor status to wholly owned subsidiary with legs. 

• Paid Members

Randy Orton live streams doesn't he? If anyone is going to tell them to do one, it'll be him and they'll just end up fining or firing someone from NXT to scare people.

Let's face it, owning someone's likeness and real name, outside of WWE is the shakiest of shakey grounds, regardless of the independent contractor argument. 

Edit. Someone on reddit pointed out that Big E is filming 4-6 cameo videos a day at $125 a pop. That's a potential $200,000 a year and the women will probably be doing even better (because wrestling fans)

Imagine being the one who had to explain how all this worked to Vince. 

Edited by chokeout

• Paid Members

This is a pretty shitty way to treat "independent contractors" and especially when you can assume a fairly decent portion of the roster are miserable. Like imagine your one of the seemingly hundreds on the payroll sitting at home doing nothing on TV for years and the company is now banning you from doing pretty much anything on your own to get noticed.

• Paid Members

Imagine your contract is coming up and you have an offer from WWE: You have to work 5 days a week, you can't do anything outside WWE, everything you do is micromanaged by a crew of nutcases, lunatics and hacks overseen by a delusional old man, your career probably won't go anywhere past the midcard and the company don't give a shit about you at all. The pros are the pay is amazing.

Or you could go to AEW: the pay is less but very decent, you only work 1 or 2 days a week, you can actually see your friends and family at the weekend, you have significantly more control over your character and career, outside your wrestling job you have complete freedom to do whatever you want and your bosses aren't scumbags. Similar set up if you go to Japan.

I don't see the appeal in working for Vince, personally. 

2 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Imagine your contract is coming up and you have an offer from WWE: You have to work 5 days a week, you can't do anything outside WWE, everything you do is micromanaged by a crew of nutcases, lunatics and hacks overseen by a delusional old man, your career probably won't go anywhere past the midcard and the company don't give a shit about you at all. The pros are the pay is amazing.

Or you could go to AEW: the pay is less but very decent, you only work 1 or 2 days a week, you can actually see your friends and family at the weekend, you have significantly more control over your character and career, outside your wrestling job you have complete freedom to do whatever you want and your bosses aren't scumbags. Similar set up if you go to Japan.

I don't see the appeal in working for Vince, personally. 

The thing is, how many more can AEW gobble up? There's of course ROH and Impact in the US and there's Japan but even still they won't want everybody long term. However for those making as much as it was Paige does from things like twitch it isn't hard to argue she might be better off pushing on with that and making hay while the sun shines instead of dealing with WWE's daily BS.

15 minutes ago, Kamaras-Tash said:

I was just on about how much Paige was raking in the other day so not surprised Vince wants a piece of that pie.

Sounds like Vince or Bruce Pritchard is a UKFF lurker.

3 minutes ago, simonworden said:

The thing is, how many more can AEW gobble up?

We're about 6 months away from AEW:NY.

• Paid Members

Fascinated to see how someone like Xavier Woods reacts to this. He seems super passionate about up up down down and where he wants to take it in the future. I doubt he’l leave over it, but talking smack isn’t going to cut it for him

• Paid Members

Big E pushing his Cameo hard over 'free' social media is a running joke on the New Day podcast, I think it's probably referred to on his new set of podcast-themed ring gear too.

If you go look at his Cameo page though he clearly does give a shit about doing a good job for the money - if you compare one of E's messages to many others at a similar price point they are night & day in terms of effort put in. Actually kind of sad they are taking it away from him.

I just love Big E.

• Paid Members

Xavier Woods was the first guy I thought of. Surely he’s not going to just shut up shop with Up Up Down Down? Isn’t that a huge deal? Poor Lana, too! She seems to live for TikTok!

The whole thing is mental. As if working there doesn’t sound miserable enough. It’s like an exercise in trying to make people quit. Isn’t it also the case that some guys are making considerably less than usual because they aren’t doing house shows, so this was a nice way to earn some extra money on the side?

Watch them bring back Tout so the company can get a share of the profits.

37 minutes ago, Duke said:

Fascinated to see how someone like Xavier Woods reacts to this. He seems super passionate about up up down down and where he wants to take it in the future. I doubt he’l leave over it, but talking smack isn’t going to cut it for him

I thought up up down down was almost semi-wwe promoted now anyway.

Perhaps they're going to offer (at a lot less money) side work for similar content through wwe's media platforms instead so they can control every bit of the performer's lives. 

Honestly next it will be no couples unless Vince thinks you're a good fit for each other.