Vince owns their real names now as well

hallicks

• Paid Members

Fightful select have said this is the letter sent out from Vince

Furthering my comments last Sunday regarding the reinvention of our product, it is imperative that we promote and protect our brand in every conceivable way. Some of you are engaged with outside 3rd parties using your name and likeness in ways that our detrimental to our company. It is imperative that these activities be terminated within the next 30 days (by Friday October 2). Continued violations will result in fines, suspension or termination at WWE’s discretion. These actions are necessary in order to rebuild our brand as we enter the next phase of growth at WWE.

I thank you for your cooperation in this matter and for all of your efforts towards the rejuvenation of WWE.

6 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Furthering my comments last Sunday regarding the reinvention of our product, it is imperative that we promote and protect our brand in every conceivable way. Some of you are engaged with outside 3rd parties using your name and likeness in ways that our detrimental to our company. It is imperative that these activities be terminated within the next 30 days (by Friday October 2). Continued violations will result in fines, suspension or termination at WWE’s discretion. These actions are necessary in order to rebuild our brand as we enter the next phase of growth at WWE.

I thank you for your cooperation in this matter and for all of your efforts towards the rejuvenation of WWE.

If I didn't know any better, it looks like it's time to shake things up!

vinceappear.jpg

Edited by Gay as FOOK

Can vince and the wwe make such a drastic change to everyone's contract like this without any negotiations or anything. 

Surely he can't just say no that's it we now own everything about you including what you do in the little spare time you actually have

Part of me wants to see Rollins put out some "Look guys I understand the anger but this will make RAW! more unmissable on Mondays" tweet, but someone long seems to have gotten in his ear about that sort of carry on. 

2 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

We just gonna let that slide? #SPG4life

That line about fines is critical. He doesn't need to fire anyone if he fines them into oblivion. Is it even possible to unilaterally change the terms of a contract mid-term ? For the love of gawd, will someone call HR! 

51 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

My sources tell me that Vince is getting more in tune with social media and how it modernises integration with fans. As a result, all talent have to have Vince in their top 8 on MySpace. 

Vince logs onto MySpace

"Who the HELL is Tom??? Another pencil necked geek. Get him out of here!"

Even if it turns out Vince can't legally reprimand or fire wrestlers for continuing to use these sites in their own name (and in the USA where the odds are stacked in big business' favour I wouldn't be too sure of that) he can basically just stop pushing or featuring those who don't comply, which is as good as being shitcanned anyway. Seems a very petty thing to do, especially in Covid times where there's no gate receipts to be split amongst talent so they would obviously be down a good few quid.

41 minutes ago, Cannibal Man said:

someone should just fucking brain him with a folding chair while he's in gorilla, just full on steroid era Barry Bonds home run right to the old cunts head then pull his kecks off while he's crying on the floor

Now that's a What If scenario. Imagine a disgruntled employee clumping the old man. Vince wouldn't be able to help himself but sue big time on top of the criminal proceedings. What happens then? Does Vince play up a frail old man shtick to keep the jury in his favour, or would his ego get the better of him and end up snapping at the questioning of his business practices? Would the defence get Cody in, who can't even use his legacy surname?