Vince owns their real names now as well

hallicks

1 hour ago, Cannibal Man said:

someone should just fucking brain him with a folding chair while he's in gorilla, just full on steroid era Barry Bonds home run right to the old cunts head then pull his kecks off while he's crying on the floor

By now, I reckon that's what he's convinced himself Titus O'Neal did to earn his suspension, with terrifying new details added on each retelling of the incident.

"Are his knife wielding homies in the room with us now, Vince?"

9 hours ago, King Mal the Glorious said:

Hasn't that been rumoured to be a thing for ages anyway? I've seen it used as a reason for why Rusev was given shit to work with for ages.

Oh absolutely. Wasn't it reported CM Punk had heat for dating Maria because she was a 'WWE Diva' and he was 'just' an OVW/ECW wrestler at that point.
It's utterly daft but absolutely something WWE would do.

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

What's the Lana tweets about?

She's been doing paid promotions for an energy drink on Instagram, presumably not arranged by WWE. It's been reported that was what led to the new rules.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Astro Hollywood said:

Wait, the WWE's own press release used the phrase "it is the control and exploitation of these characters..." ?

1 hour ago, The King Of Swing said:

Fucking hell they actually straight up used that word exploitation in the statement.

What's the Lana tweets about?

In entertainment contracts, exploitation is a commonly used term and doesn't mean taking advantage of someone.

1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

That last line

also, WWE’s defence

CA7612E8-A7FE-4A31-964B-9BDAE60705B1.jpeg

So if it's about the investment in their intellectual properties then people using their own known [such as Paige is with Saraya] should be a non-issue, right?
Of course, it's WWE, so to them it IS an issue but by their own words in that statement it shouldn't be...

Edited by Snitsky's back acne

I can see Vince’s point that he wants to have control of let’s say the Big E character, he references things like Disney etc I assume he’s suggesting they are exploiting say the Iron Man character for their profit which is understandable. I mean you wouldn’t see Robert Downey Jr doing cameos as Tony Stark.

I don’t see he’d have a leg to stand on if Ettore Ewen makes Cameos as himself, not referencing the Big E character. Just because you look like the character you play doesn’t mean you are that character in real life.  Be interesting what’s in a contract between independent contractors and a multi billion dollar company. 

The Fiend isn’t wanking for tips on Twitch, these are contractors using their own names so that statement makes no sense.

At this point WWE needs to decide whether it wants its talent to be contractors or employees. If the latter, making these requests is fine, but at least cover healthcare, 401k etc.

• Paid Members

They're not all using their own names all the time, to be fair. Apollo Crews is on Cameo under that (entirely WWE-used) name, just as one example.

Big E uses that name on Cameo but there's a possible legal wrinkle there in that he's apparently been known as that since high school. Presumably he's signed it over to WWE for certain uses and perhaps the right lawyer could make the right argument that this isn't one of them, if it were to come to that (which I very much doubt it will).